Candlelight Processional dining package Regal Eagle Smokehouse

I’m sorry I didn’t ask but they counted us and didn’t make any comment about there not being enough and there were maybe a dozen more parties behind me. We got ours no issue. I’m not sure they’d last until 4 though, the drawer seemed pretty full at least from what I saw from yesterdays reports!
We're you able to pick your time? My kids are not night owls so I am interested In doing this but it has to be for the 5:15 or 7 showing

Just a quick report back for anyone hesitating on even spending the $40pp…SO WORTH IT! We have never done CP as we have been to and participated in many Christmas services over the years. This topped them all! Might be a little biased as we got special seating as we kept accidentally trying to sit in reserved areas (wheelchair seating, and another area that I’m not sure what was reserved for). The CM felt so bad he led us to the roped off third row on the right side, to the end of the aisle in the middle. No one sat in front of us, I’m not sure what the section was saved for and they didn’t fill it up, but it was all of the lower front section on the right. I’m thinking maybe VIP tours as groups were being led and given their pick of seating. Feeling very lucky. We got in line at 6:30 for the 7 show when they started letting people in and if you want a close seat you should get there earlier than us, we would have been a few rows behind the wheelchair section or further back, and probably on the side if we hadn’t gotten lucky special treatment.

I’m not sure if/when the show sold out but when we left regal eagle at 12:10 the sign still said limited availability for all 3 shows, none were changed to sold out while we were there.

Edit: Also Simu was a great narrator! Well practiced, made a few jokes, smiled the whole time, genuinely seemed happy to be there and enjoying his time.

Attachments

• AB5365E5-3502-48DE-9BB1-5B1018E55273.jpeg
    AB5365E5-3502-48DE-9BB1-5B1018E55273.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 842575EB-89D9-4219-A07E-7B3BED490510.jpeg
    842575EB-89D9-4219-A07E-7B3BED490510.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Just a quick report back for anyone hesitating on even spending the $40pp…SO WORTH IT! We have never done CP as we have been to and participated in many Christmas services over the years. This topped them all! Might be a little biased as we got special seating as we kept accidentally trying to sit in reserved areas (wheelchair seating, and another area that I’m not sure what was reserved for). The CM felt so bad he led us to the roped off third row on the right side, to the end of the aisle in the middle. No one sat in front of us, I’m not sure what the section was saved for and they didn’t fill it up, but it was all of the lower front section on the right. I’m thinking maybe VIP tours as groups were being led and given their pick of seating. Feeling very lucky. We got in line at 6:30 for the 7 show when they started letting people in and if you want a close seat you should get there earlier than us, we would have been a few rows behind the wheelchair section or further back, and probably on the side if we hadn’t gotten lucky special treatment.

I’m not sure if/when the show sold out but when we left regal eagle at 12:10 the sign still said limited availability for all 3 shows, none were changed to sold out while we were there.
That’s awesome!! So glad you guys had a wonderful time!

Edit: Also Simu was a great narrator! Well practiced, made a few jokes, smiled the whole time, genuinely seemed happy to be there and enjoying his time.
Thanks for reporting back on this! If we have the dining package, are you saying that we need to like arrive an hour early for the show to get good seats?

Thanks for the report! I've been wondering how this works. I appreciate the step by step walk-through.

Thanks for reporting back on this! If we have the dining package, are you saying that we need to like arrive an hour early for the show to get good seats?
I’m not sure when people start lining up but they started seating the 7:00 at about 6:30. There was a good line so if you want to be close you’ll need to be at the front of it! You’ll still have fine seats if you get there 15-30 minutes before, just not the first rows unless it’s a less popular narrator. At least on our night the whole front right section was roped off, so the first rows on the left side were all gone when we got there, and the middle section of the next 3-4 rows were already full. Attaching a pic I grabbed from Google but in this pic all of these rows ahead of the walkway going across the middle were full (plus the center section of the few rows behind the walkway) when we got in the moving line at 6:30, the last row before the walkway is for parties with a wheelchair or ECV I believe.

Attachments

• EA0A7D7F-1BBA-427A-9386-7FCD474D1319.jpeg
    EA0A7D7F-1BBA-427A-9386-7FCD474D1319.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 352
Most try to arrive about 45 minutes ahead even with the Dining Package. This should assure you at least get seats under cover in case it starts to rain. The year we went, we were glad for this: it started to pour halfway through the show and most who weren't under cover had to abandon the show.

Most try to arrive about 45 minutes ahead even with the Dining Package. This should assure you at least get seats under cover in case it starts to rain. The year we went, we were glad for this: it started to pour halfway through the show and most who weren't under cover had to abandon the show.
Plus arriving 45 minutes early really just means 15 minutes of standing, then you’ll get seated for the other half hour. Good seating is WORTH IT! It’s still a great show regardless of where you sit but seeing everyone’s faces up close is neat as they are all so expressive!

At Epcot again this evening. Walked by around 6:55 and still lots of stand by seating (it is raining lightly so not sure if that could be a reason). Walked by the reserved seating entrance and there were several people already lined up for the 8:30 show.
So if you want to be up close, get there really early even with a reserved spot.

Thank you for reporting back on your experience. We will be at WDW in a little over 2 weeks. We were unable to get a dining package reservation so are hoping to get the same day package from Regal Eagle. My wife has wanted to see Neil Patrick Harris narrate the CP for years and we planned this trip specifically to see him.

Was everyone waiting outside for the restaurant to open, or were you lined up at the registers?

Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting back on your experience. We will be at WDW in a little over 2 weeks. We were unable to get a dining package reservation so are hoping to get the same day package from Regal Eagle. My wife has wanted to see Neil Patrick Harris narrate the CP for years and we planned this trip specifically to see him.

Was everyone waiting outside for the restaurant to open, or were you lined up at the registers?

Thanks!!!
Outside! There are picnic benches just next to the entrance that people may sit on before lining up. I know NPH is the most popular and will probably have very limited same day tickets if any. You might have better luck looking in the days or nights before for cancelled packages! I saw a few day of for Simu!

Quick update - I arrived at Regal Eagle around 5pm today. The sign out front said the first two performances were sold out but limited availability remained for the last show which was perfect for my plans! I walked to the kiosk and asked for CP tickets - the CM looked a little concerned but found 2 in the other kiosks cash drawer. He said he had 2 left - I only needed 1!

The food was delicious - the brisket sandwich was awesome but the s’more brownie was amazing! I sat outside and enjoyed the start of the 5:15pm show. Great night to be in the park!!

Follow up to last night - I walked to get in line around 7:45pm or so. The line was HUGE. I was a little worried how it would go when it was time to sit down. Luckily, there was plenty of seating and I was able to sit close to the front. Most people in front of me in line walked toward the rear of the theatre to sit in the middle. I was in the 3rd row and slightly off center. This was a great seat - great view of everything and I liked being able to see the performers faces!

The show was incredible!! I was so happy I went. The orchestra and choir were wonderful - so very talented. The Christmas reading was Biblical but paraphrased at some points - not in a bad way, just to help keep things moving.

If you are on the fence, just go. I left feeling energized and excited for Christmas! :)

Hi...question about this restaurant. If I go at opening for candlelight tickets, do you have to dine right away or are you able to make reservations for dining later in the day and book it as the candlelight dining package?? Sorry for my confusion!

Ty

Hi...question about this restaurant. If I go at opening for candlelight tickets, do you have to dine right away or are you able to make reservations for dining later in the day and book it as the candlelight dining package?? Sorry for my confusion!

Ty
If it’s regal eagle you dine immediately as you order your meal and get the tickets at the same cashier, it’s like regular QS ordering and they give you your tickets from the register

Thanks so much for this thread my son is performing tomorrow in the 5:15 show and by the time we found out the date they were all sold out for the reservation packages. I will be in line first thing tomorrow at regale eagle!
I'd love to hear how it goes for you.

How exciting for your son! Hope it means a lifelong happy memory for your whole family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter