• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional Dining package 2017 Watch -partial Narrator list updated Aug 25th

Illuminations is at 9:30 during the CP season.

Leaning towards a breakfast package - with an 11 year old I just can't see paying those dinner prices and I'm not interested in eating a dinner at lunch time.

Hi all, so we have our accommodations booked and as of today are 180 days out. We have Akershus on our short list but looks like it is not bookable or it literally got booked up in a matter of a few hours for Thursday Dec 14th.

We had no idea about the CP when setting up this trip. Is this going to keep us from being able to book a normal Akershus table meal? We just want the character setting, plus we are attending the Xmas party at MK that night so we dont want to burn 2 credits for what normally is a 1 credit meal.

Does anyone know if they will open up Akershus for normal TS dining? Or does this CP deal pretty much make everything a 2 credit TS deal for these days?

TIA
I wouldn't recommend Akershus dinner the same night you are going to Xmas party. Do you know you can enter MK at 4P with your Xmas party ticket? (Or maybe it is 5P). I take it you are not planning to use a park ticket at MK for the whole day, but you will have to use one at Epcot to dine at Akershus. If you are staying at an Epcot resort, so it is an easy walk to Akershus and back to your hotel, not so bad. Otherwise it is too much time lost in transportation. (Unless of course that is really the only opportunity. Then I would suggest a lunch, so you can be done and ready to get to MK in plenty of time.)
Have a great trip. The Candlelight Processional is very special.

I have joined into this thread 2 x and still not getting email updates. Anyone else having this problem?

So... if we are interested in the 8:15 pm show, will Disney just assign us a dining time with the package or do we pick a dining time? What time do people generally eat dinner for the 8:15 package?

So... if we are interested in the 8:15 pm show, will Disney just assign us a dining time with the package or do we pick a dining time? What time do people generally eat dinner for the 8:15 package?

You will pick a dining time and a show time. It's possible to do a breakfast package and the 8:15 show.

It's been a few years since I have booked CP. I know you can now do it online - when you do -. do you get to chose which show you attend or is it like Fantasmic where they assign you a showtime?

Following as well. Made my ADRs last Thursday (180 days out) and the only reservation I really really wanted was breakfast at Garden Grill. Wasn't picky about breakfast time...but to my surprise NOTHING!!! I was like what the heck....but someone on Facebook reminded me that they are probably holding back ressies for CP. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Following as well. Made my ADRs last Thursday (180 days out) and the only reservation I really really wanted was breakfast at Garden Grill. Wasn't picky about breakfast time...but to my surprise NOTHING!!! I was like what the heck....but someone on Facebook reminded me that they are probably holding back ressies for CP. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Same here! I got pretty much everything I wanted, even a PPO for Akershus and breakfast at Be our Guest for our trip for 8 people but nothing for Garden Grill! I wonder why so many of those are being held back?

Same here! I got pretty much everything I wanted, even a PPO for Akershus and breakfast at Be our Guest for our trip for 8 people but nothing for Garden Grill! I wonder why so many of those are being held back?
So jealous of everyone's Akershus ressies! I'm hoping TP finder comes through for me. I'd like the PPO one as well. But would take whatever I can get!

Following this thread as well - so funny to hear that everyone else is also having trouble getting Garden Grill reservations. This is one place that I have never seen a problem getting reservations before. I got all of my other reservations without issue except Garden Grill. Here's hoping that more open up.

Following this thread as well - so funny to hear that everyone else is also having trouble getting Garden Grill reservations. This is one place that I have never seen a problem getting reservations before. I got all of my other reservations without issue except Garden Grill. Here's hoping that more open up.
I think Rose and Crown must be doing the same thing - holding back reservations for CP? I know the packages aren't out yet, but I thought I'd poke around at available times at R&C this morning just to get an idea. There's nothing available there for lunch or dinner after 11/24. 11/25 onward has no availability, so I'm assuming this has something to do with CP packages.

Got everything but Garden Grill and had to settle for breakfast at BOG. Hoping something will open up when they release candlelight and reservation times during VMCP.

And it's funny because the Facebook groups I belong to seem to poo poo the food at Garden Grill. It really puzzled me when I couldn't get a ADR.

When did the announcements about the CP
If my memory serves correct, they usually open up right after the 4th of July for some reason. If I remember correctly last year, the first day you could make reservations was around July 7-11th in that time frame.
I'm hoping you're right! Do you remember if the narrarator list is also typically released around that time or is it later?

Got everything but Garden Grill and had to settle for breakfast at BOG. Hoping something will open up when they release candlelight and reservation times during VMCP.
i got garden grille but not the day i wanted it, the breakfast o got is dec 15 i wanted the 13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter