Cancelling Christmas/NYE Trips?

I waited 2 hours on the phone to chat with an Manulife agent about the covid travel insurance. The policy will be void if the government issue a travel ban.

We still have no plan to cancel our trip that is leaving one week from today for a 10 days trip splitting our stay at Bay Lake and kidani.

So the Manulife covid travel insurance is still good despite the Government saying "Avoid all non-essential travel"? It would only be if they move to a full "Avoid all travel" where the policy would be void?

I had purchased TuGo insurance. I talked directly to an agent this morning and even though there are travel advisories level 3 against travelling to basically anywhere - and I purchased my policy on Sunday during the advisory - I was assured I was covered for Medical and Trip Interruption specifically for Covid which were the 2 things I was concerned about. We can all do our work from the confines of a hotel room if need be so I am presently making a covid quarantine plan just in case.

I had purchased TuGo insurance. I talked directly to an agent this morning and even though there are travel advisories level 3 against travelling to basically anywhere - and I purchased my policy on Sunday during the advisory - I was assured I was covered for Medical and Trip Interruption specifically for Covid which were the 2 things I was concerned about. We can all do our work from the confines of a hotel room if need be so I am presently making a covid quarantine plan just in case.

One thing I’m doing is making a reservation at a residence inn location for 2 weeks. So we can have space with separate bedrooms and a kitchen. I’m making sure we can cancel after we get our test results with no charge.

I figure the more prepared we are the less likely something will happen. Cause that’s how things seem to work lol.

One thing I’m doing is making a reservation at a residence inn location for 2 weeks. So we can have space with separate bedrooms and a kitchen. I’m making sure we can cancel after we get our test results with no charge.

I figure the more prepared we are the less likely something will happen. Cause that’s how things seem to work lol.

It also lessens the worry when you have a solid plan.

I share your optimism and am comforted by others going for it, as we are.

Sorry for the late reply as we decided to go and currently at WDW since the 23. I was told current advisory is still cover until the government decided to put a travel ban for all travel.

I also want to share that roughly 10-15% of people wearing mask outdoor and Disney requires everyone to wear mask indoor, but not 100% compliance and people just put the mask over their mouth.

I’m actually now considering getting the Manulife Pandemic Plan…simply to cover if we have to quarantine before flying home. Worst case, it would be an additional 7-8 days in a hotel, as the number of days you can fly home is being reduced to 10 days, and we’ll get tested 2 1/2 days before our flight.
…In reality I’m hoping the booster does its job and we make it thru 2 weeks without getting sick. 🤞 24 days until I fly…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter