Cancelling an ADR and avoiding penalty

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Kazi7, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Beer Me

Beer Me Mouseketeer

I was charged once and it was totally my mistake. I simply got my dates mixed up and didnt show. I called and gave a mea culpa, basically saying I'm an idiot and they waived the fee. I wonder if they keep track of how many times you ask for forgiveness? It wouldn't be too difficult to flag people who abuse the privilege.

GrumpyDad1974 likes this.
  2. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Disney more likely would pull the hammer down on the cast member's ability to waive the fee. I do think it would be easy to track if they wanted to do so.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. GrumpyDad1974

GrumpyDad1974 DIS Veteran

I pretty much use this strategy anytime I can... I get a couple looks like "this guys an idiot" but I don't mind.

5. Sargeant Tibbs

Sargeant Tibbs 3111 is the Magic number

Thanks for this. I'm sick, my voice is gone, and it's 38 degrees in Orlando right now. ADR is now modified to another day, and I didn't have to call.

Regan117 and Nancyg56 like this.
  6. Figaroo

Figaroo Earning My Ears

I have successfully modified a next day reservation, changed it to a later date, and then cancelled without penalty. I did this in May when there was a rain all day kind of day that threw a wrench in our plans.

7. Paula Sedley-Burke

Paula Sedley-Burke Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

I suffer from severe health issues so ADRs are always a risk for us. But we take them anyway as it's a life for me to keep trying and we don't book that many. I never know till the day if we can go or not. I am settled on paying the $10 fee for a no show I accept I have taken somebodies elses chance. We have never to this date been charged. It's quite odd. I haven't ever tried to dodge the fee either. Like I say happy to pay.

8. supersnoop

supersnoop What time is the three o'clock parade?

You don't have to modify a next-day reservation. You can cancel a reservation up until midnight.

mom2rtk likes this.
  9. Figaroo

Figaroo Earning My Ears

Sorry... my mistake- should've said 'same' day. But, it was early in the morning for a dinner reservation that day. So, several hours prior.

10. iheartbelle87

iheartbelle87 DIS Veteran

Just jumping in to say that I've changed same day ADR times without issue... which includes changing to an early time... and was never penalized. Good luck!