Cancelled Paris Trip - Some Thoughts

TinkAgainU

Trust In The Pixie Dust
Was hoping to do a Paris trip in August, but with the Olympics, the hotels in downtown were (as expected) very high and all were 100% non-refundable even months in advance. So I decided to do this trip another time, but I did learn a few helpful things with the process which I'll share.

1) Disneyland Paris hotels - were actually cheaper than downtown hotels already (again, the Olympics) so if you wanted to ride the train (45 minutes) to downtown daily that would be one option.
2) Cancelling Disneyland hotel in Paris was a pain (and will take 20+ days for a refund). You cannot cancel online and there is not even a customer service email, you "must call" Paris (international call, on their timeframes). This was the first time I realized my current mobile phone does not have any capacity to make International Calls (other than Canada or Mexico) lol - so I called Disneyland in California and a kind CM there set up a three-way call for me.
3) Just like any vacation, you obviously need to prebook a lot of things - such as the Disney sit down meals, Louvre, Seine river boat tours, Catacombs (which currently only allow booking a couple weeks in advance) etc. Just a reminder not to book anything non-refundable until you have your schedule roughed out, and can confirm most of the things you Really want to do are still available for booking ;) Luckily, I'm only out my Travel Insurance fee (rather ironic).
4) Be sure to upload and open the Disneyland Paris APP on your phone to check it early. I was never able to get past the "Privacy Selections" screen on mine... maybe an Android issue?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter