Canadian Special 7 Day Hopper Pass ~ Does it REALLY expire?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi, before we left for WDW in April, I posted a question about 7 day hopper passes ~ we received vouchures from Sears Travel (World of Vacations) instead of tickets. I had expected that and it was a little annoying having to wait in a line at WDW to change the vouchures to tickets but not too bad.

A person had responded to my previous post about vouchures stating that they got vouchures too and their ticket DID NOT expire. The Canadian deal is that they DO expire.

No where on our tickets did it mention an expiry date, so I am wondering if the person posting is right!

We went to the parks all 7 days and used 3 options leaving one option left on our tickets.

We really got a great deal on these tickets. It only cost $1017.00 CANADIAN FUNDS TOTAL for two adults and one child (the baby is free). The USA total at WDW was around $920.00, with the exhange, we saved over $435.00! It would be a HUGE bonus if we still have one option left on our ticket. But how can we tell?

We are going again next April and will buy the same tickets, but we would like to go to Universal Studios too. It would kill me if I lost Disney days from the hopper pass to go to Universal Studios.

Anyone know about the expiry?

Check the reverse side of your tickets. It may state something on the bottom like a date, or special offer or Canadian ticket. (It's been a few years since I bought tickets like this) If the ticket says something along those lines that red flags the ticket as special and for a limited time. If not - you may have lucked out.

Tori

Our Jan 2001 tickets expired April 30th 2001. We lost 1 WDW day we did
not use. We also have one day of Universal left over which expires in
Dec 2001.
Indeed check the back of the ticket. It is there.
The Cdn deals are good so we lost no extra money but it
is a shame to see days wasted. We know noone who is going.

I say don't overbuy on passes.

I got this deal last year, and I too can find no expire date or promotional indication on the back of my ticket. Is it possible they made special tickets for this deal and that is how they tell? My ticket is blue and has the 2000 logo with the gang on the front. Anyone else with a ticket like this that does not expire?

Hello All:

Just got back last night , we had a wonderful time.

We too had vouchers for tickets to US,IOA,SW,andBG.

Before we left I was under the impression that the US-IOA tickets would expire at the end of the year, but we were told when we got there that the tickets never expire just the vouchers. So as long as you redeem your voucher befor the expiry date you should be okay.

I hope this helps someone.
Tracycd

Hi Sandra,

I think I might have been the one who told you my passes didn't expire , so if I'm repeating I'm sorry.

I just went a found my passes there sitting on the desk in front of me. Although I did by the Canadian special in Feb. 2000 it is not listed on the pass that it is a CAnadian pass it just says 7 day park hopper plus pass.

We redeemed our vouchers on 02/13/00 and only used 5 days and no options.

We went back to WDW on 02/07/01 and had no problem using the remain 2 days and 1 of the options.
That mens I still have 3 options I entend on using in the future.

In the past I have bought the Canadian specials and the have stated right on them that they expire.

I don't know if any of this helps or not.

P.S. I read most of your trip reports and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Seeing WDW in the eyes of a child is better than experiencing just as an adult. My DD may or may not remember her trips but I do and it is worth it !!

Sorry if I'm coming in late on this thread, but what is the period of time this deal is in effect. I am planning a Sept 30-Oct 4 visit. Will I be able to get this deal?

SandraC,

We bought the 7 day Canadian passes about a month ago also. And ours definitely say clearly on the back that they expire in early May 2001. However, we got ours at a Disney store in Toronto. Perhaps because you got yours as vouchers which you exchanged later at WDW, the final tickets you exchanged for *won't* expire!

I bought the "Universal at par tickets" and received a voucher from the TA which we exchanged for the actual 3 day/multi-park tickets when were there in March. The tickets themselves never expire (and they were advertised as this in the travel brochure I found out about them in), but I understand the vouchers expired at the end of the year.

Sandra: Perhaps you can email Disney (click on "Contact US" at the bottom of the Disney site and chose "other" from the "chose an area" list) directly and ask them if there would be an expirey date actually printed on the ticket if it expires? I've gotten replies doing this. Just an idea. :D

Hi
I just returned from WDW last Friday after 18 days there and what a time we had Anyway our 7 day hoppers we bought from CAA did have a May 10 expiry date on them. I also asked a CM as we went through the gates at MK about the expiry date and he showed me on the back of the turnstile when you enter a park there is a small screen that tells the CM what kind of ticket you are using and he said it would reject your ticket after May 10 so I would not take the risk of depending on using remaining days on my next trip.
Hope this helps

On Julie's advise I e-mailed Disney and they e-mailed me back stating that a CM would have to see the ticket. We only left one option (like a water park) on the ticket so the next time we go, we'll have to see.

Thanks all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter