• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian Buffoon's Back to Front Vacation - Update! 05/18 - Falling Down

Ferris-Bueller-Life-Moves-Pretty-Fast-Quote-15.jpg

Just watched that on a plane trip recently.

Huh.
Well, it definitely wasn't up when... wait...

Quickly gets ideas. Portlanders have gotten on the news for far, far less.

Get out!
I just did the exact same thing!
Except I watched Fantastic Beasts
on Netflix, not Prime.

Truth.

Wasn't sure I liked the sequel as much.

I have a very specific way of
writing my updates.
I upload all my photos
to Photobucket
and then I download them
to the DIS... and write.

I go back and forth. I have to be in the mood for writing and I'm MORE often in the mood for editing photos.

So looks like I'll be switching
to Smugmug.
(Thanks @Steppesister for the
suggestion.)

You're welcome! I've only had one frustrating evening with SM so far, so, so far worth $$. And NO, I'm not going to go back and edit out that horrendously bad grammar in that sentence.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas! Can't wait to hear more about your travels- that concert looked amazing!

I also saw it, but was so confused by the caption!!

Last edited:
Pkondz, I hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas! I can't wait to read more. I LOVED the concert recap. It looked like a LOT of fun!
Also, I DID see it in that chapter!

Also... I thought FOR SURE your name would be in the spray paint on the jumbotron but if it was, I couldn't make it out.

Just watched that on a plane trip recently.

Not for the first time, though?

Quickly gets ideas. Portlanders have gotten on the news for far, far less.

:lmao:

Truth.

Wasn't sure I liked the sequel as much.

I didn't.
It was good, but.
The first one was much better.
And not as dark.

I go back and forth. I have to be in the mood for writing and I'm MORE often in the mood for editing photos.

I have to be in the right mood, too.

You're welcome! I've only had one frustrating evening with SM so far, so, so far worth $$. And NO, I'm not going to go back and edit out that horrendously bad grammar in that sentence.

I just checked and...

Finally can access it.

Pkondz, I hope you and yours had a very Merry Christmas!

Thank you!
How was yours??

I can't wait to read more.

I'll be writing soon!

I LOVED the concert recap. It looked like a LOT of fun!

It was great!
I'm so glad I went. :)

Also, I DID see it in that chapter!

::yes::

Also... I thought FOR SURE your name would be in the spray paint on the jumbotron but if it was, I couldn't make it out.

I considered doing something
like that, but decided one
was enough in this chapter.

So more on my game of catch up....the Japanese Garden looks nice, but too bad the sand garden wasn't being maintained. The Temple was very nice, such ornate work!

I did see him! Keeping our folks safe in the face of sabateurs!

I have seen Sir Elton many times in concert, but back when I was very young, me and Suzy had so much fun. Uh no. My Mom took me to see him. A lot. Then Fran and I saw him somewhere back in the early 2000s. We talked about going when he is here in January but back when we calculated it up the night would have been nearly $1000 when you figured in tickets, parking, dinner, etc, it was too much for folks who currently don't have any money. :sad2:

it's gotta be done right. I love a superfood salad with dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, blueberries, light dressing.... Safeway has it here and I love its healthy and ..... umm... cathartic properties.

I almost missed this! Thanks for comments on my sister and her family, but this one... :eek: I don't need those cathartic properties, I do just fine on my own. :snooty:

Ugh... I thought Christmas break would give me plenty of time to catch up and finally properly comment on some TR's.... BOY was I wrong. First, there was doing ALL of my Christmas shopping after finals on the 14th because all I did was study before then. Second, I fell (and fell hard) and was out of commission for a couple days on pain meds. Third, with picking up extra hours since I was out of school I have been working a lot. Now, here it is 2 weeks into vacation mode and I am further behind ( 2 updates to be exact ) than before vacation started. Might just have to read the updates and skip the banter (which is my favorite part) to get caught up because I am already into getting my clinicals set up and have to go for a hospital tour 1 day next week and student orientation another day (because they couldn't schedule enough time all on 1 day due to being short handed on staff) and have a doctors apt in there somewhere too. I'm suppose to be baking right now for my family Christmas Saturday, but just can't find the desire to do so. LOL

Hopefully I will find time soon to read your shenanigans.

So more on my game of catch up....the Japanese Garden looks nice, but too bad the sand garden wasn't being maintained.

Catching up is... time consuming. :hug:

The garden was one of the...
poorer ones I've seen.
But still nice, nevertheless.

The Temple was very nice, such ornate work!

I was really surprised
at the amount of detail!

I did see him! Keeping our folks safe in the face of sabateurs!

::yes::

I have seen Sir Elton many times in concert,

Lucky!
I'd have loved to have
seen him in his prime.

but back when I was very young, me and Suzy had so much fun.

:laughing:

Uh no. My Mom took me to see him. A lot.

:lmao:

But... good mom. :)

Then Fran and I saw him somewhere back in the early 2000s. We talked about going when he is here in January but back when we calculated it up the night would have been nearly $1000 when you figured in tickets, parking, dinner, etc, it was too much for folks who currently don't have any money. :sad2:

Oh, I hear you.
My ticket alone was $500.
Ruby was extremely generous
in getting me that.

Ugh... I thought Christmas break would give me plenty of time to catch up and finally properly comment on some TR's.... BOY was I wrong.

Uh oh...

First, there was doing ALL of my Christmas shopping after finals on the 14th because all I did was study before then.

I get that.
How did your finals go?

Second, I fell (and fell hard) and was out of commission for a couple days on pain meds.

:eek: Oh, no!
Are you okay????

:sad1:

Third, with picking up extra hours since I was out of school I have been working a lot.

Get that too.
Money...
doesn't just happen.

Now, here it is 2 weeks into vacation mode and I am further behind ( 2 updates to be exact ) than before vacation started.

:hug:
No worries.
I'll be here waiting. :)

Might just have to read the updates and skip the banter (which is my favorite part) to get caught up because I am already into getting my clinicals set up and have to go for a hospital tour 1 day next week and student orientation another day (because they couldn't schedule enough time all on 1 day due to being short handed on staff) and have a doctors apt in there somewhere too.

:faint:
It doesn't end for you!
When does it end?
How much longer do you have?

I'm suppose to be baking right now for my family Christmas Saturday, but just can't find the desire to do so. LOL

Baking on top of all that???

Oh, you have tons of time
for that!

:sad2:

:hug:

Hopefully I will find time soon to read your shenanigans.

No rush. :)
Like I said, I'll be here.
You take your time
and please take care of you.
Okay?

She also took me to see the Eagles, Journey, Styx, Rod Stewart, Cheap Trick......and the Bee Gees. :laughing:

Whoa! Nice!
Only one of those
I wouldn't want to see is...

Nope. Want to see 'em all.

Yikes! Tickets for the two of us going to be $500. Canada IS more expensive!

Mine was a floor ticket,
so more expensive.
He's coming here (Winnipeg)
in October.
I just looked at tickets
are about $250 for uppers,
$300-420 for first sections,
about $500 for floor.
(Up to $1,000 for 2nd row, floor.)

Not for the first time, though?

Oh no. But the last time I did was in like I dunno... 1988?

I didn't.
It was good, but.
The first one was much better.
And not as dark.

Agreed! Those were my thoughts too.

I just checked and...

Finally can access it.

So, does that mean you're sticking with PB then?

Second, I fell (and fell hard) and was out of commission for a couple days on pain meds. Third, with picking up extra hours since I was out of school I have been working a lot.

WHOA! Are you okay now? And, you've been BUSY!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter