Canada Vaccine Queue Calculator

Summer is about what I expected for the vaccine so no surprises here. I'm assuming that most of us will end up getting AstraZenica despite the lower efficacy rate since that travels best.

But let's hope that they get it all figured out by the time everyone becomes eligible to get the shots.

Well so far Britain. Argentina, India and most recently Mexico have given the green light to AstraZeneca /University of Oxford Vaccine.
Hopefully Health Canada has some good news for us soon.

Hugs
Mel

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/anita-anand-covid-19-vaccine-rollout-1.5867870
According to Health Canada, we'll have enough to vaccinate everyone who wants it by September even if they don't approve any other vaccines... so I'm hopeful that the provinces will get their plans in order, the the feds will get the doses provided expeditiously. They are also saying it could be sooner than September, though I am guessing they are assuming things will speed up. I am glad to see they are still going for the AstraZeneca as well though, I understand it doesn't need to be kept as cold so perhaps will work better in certain areas.

I bet they push those trials as well. There's no way the world wants to go through this year again in the school systems.

I just meant they will push their data to the countries asap so they can be reviewing each phase while waiting for the next one to finish.

I’m in group 3 too. Hopefully it will be at least by July! Not sure if my daughter will be group 2 as she is a daycare worker.

Looks like I might be getting my first shot tomorrow. It’s a bit of a stand by situation so I won’t know until it happens. Vaccines are being brought in house for our residents and they are supposed to be bringing enough for all staff that have submitted a paper consent form. Once the residents are finished they will start with staff but since they don’t know how long it will take we have to wait for a notification. I made sure I let them know that I can be there in 10 minutes.

Looks like I might be getting my first shot tomorrow. It’s a bit of a stand by situation so I won’t know until it happens. Vaccines are being brought in house for our residents and they are supposed to be bringing enough for all staff that have submitted a paper consent form. Once the residents are finished they will start with staff but since they don’t know how long it will take we have to wait for a notification. I made sure I let them know that I can be there in 10 minutes.
Fingers toes and nose crossed for you Hon.
Hugs Mel

So I did get my shot yesterday. It almost didn't happen...I'm allergic to the flu shot so they had to consult with Public Health and then they pulled out all the documentation and we went over it together. Even though I said I was ok with going forward with the shot they took their time and carefully made the determination that it was ok. We all had a bit of a laugh because 'generally' was the key word used in the documentation. Anyway, I'm feeling good this morning....no allergic reaction but I do have a slight headache and a small, tender bump where the shot was administered. Those are some of the common side effects in 50% of people.

So I did get my shot yesterday. It almost didn't happen...I'm allergic to the flu shot so they had to consult with Public Health and then they pulled out all the documentation and we went over it together. Even though I said I was ok with going forward with the shot they took their time and carefully made the determination that it was ok. We all had a bit of a laugh because 'generally' was the key word used in the documentation. Anyway, I'm feeling good this morning....no allergic reaction but I do have a slight headache and a small, tender bump where the shot was administered. Those are some of the common side effects in 50% of people.
So happy for you!
Today is a new day to celebrate!
Hugs Mel

Looks like they updated it.
Originally I got July - end of August.
Now it says as above with late June - mid Sept

I don't know...don't mean to be too pessimistic, but with the vaccine delays and the fact that these companies are delivering to the entire world, I'm questioning if even Sept is a too optimistic.

I agree. Maybe if the Johnson no Johnson one gets approved and if we are on their order list, things might be different.

Also, it would be nice to know what news is real. I’ve heard Canada has orders for 5 times our population and we’re hogging it all. And then I’ve heard we are lower on the list to get our orders, putting us behind everyone else. It feels like there are conflicting messages about everything.

I feel like once the vaccines start to arrive in the big shipments like they are " saying " they will ( April and forward ) that they will have solidified processes more by then. They are not going to be "perfect" by any stretch of the imagination, but for those who are eager to get their vaccinations done, they will have the means to do it. I ham hoping that this roll out was a dress rehersal for when they really need to dig in and get people vaccinated.

I look at here in Alberta, ( and let me be clear, they did not do it perfect ) we were able to give the first dose to all seniors ( who wanted one) to all seniors living in long term care homes first and foremost, and those in the front lines. I do know that we are out of vaccine now and some people who are exposed or could be exposed daily to the virus did not get their vaccinations. We ran out. Now THAT falls onto the federal government for not having their po-op in a group and securing doses faster or having an actual plan to roll out to the provinces so that they could have BETTER plans rolled out about how to distribute them.

My hope is that when we start to receive all the purchased doses, that governments will have their plans solidified to be able to roll them out. The one area that I want to see them have a very solid plan is how to get the vaccine to those living in our Indigenous Reserves, especially the seniors living in those areas. I know that they are next in line here in Alberta to get their vaccinations for the next rounds that we receive.

AS for all the EXTRA that has been bought and paid for...I am sure they will be donated to other countries. It is just what Mr. Trudeau will do, we all know that. Not that I mind at donating to other countries for this cause. It is just that for this whole covid crisis, our great grandchildren will be paying for this with their tax dollars. This whole covid situation is just bleeding debt that the middle joe blow will be paying off for the next 100+years. THAT makes me sad.

On the subject of why Canada has purchased more than we need. Yes, many doses will be donated to other countries. If the wealthy nations don’t help the poor ones this never gets under control.
There is an international consortium of nations called Covax that have joint in sponsoring testing, treatment and vaccines for under-developed countries. According to this press-release by our Ministry of Global Affairs, Canada has pledged almost $500 million towards this cause, which I don't imagine any of us begrudge. This is in addition to the actual doses we have purchased. Donation of excess doses is not mentioned. It is a bit of a mystery why we ordered so many. :confused:
https://www.canada.ca/en/global-aff...o-covid-19-tests-treatments-and-vaccines.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter