Can you walk easily from MK handicap parking?

In my honest opinion, the walk from the handicapped parking at TTC, is not that bad. In fact I think the walk from the Contemporary to the MK is longer.

You can't tell where they will be parking cars when you get there. It could be quite far out and too far to ECV to the entrance. And, even if it is not, People are not meant to walk to the TTC from the parking lot, so an ECV would be in the same area as the trams are traveling.

People are intended to be able to walk to the TTC from the parking lot. You can't take the ECV along the road the trams use, though. You should walk/ECV on the parking lot side of the bollards. We used to do it all the time with strollers. It's not a bad walk - the far end of Rapunzel is about two-thirds of a mile from the monorail and there's a sidewalk once you reach the front of the parking lot. You do have to cross the tram road - exactly where depends on which lot you're parked in, but I recall it having a standard crosswalk painted on it.

For the return trip, I suggest checking the map at the TTC that reminds you where your lot is. You can spend a lot of time hunting for your row if you don't remember the route.
mkpark.jpg

The handicapped parking lot to the monorail should be between a tenth and a quarter mile, depending on where you parked.

People are intended to be able to walk to the TTC from the parking lot. You can't take the ECV along the road the trams use, though. You should walk/ECV on the parking lot side of the bollards. We used to do it all the time with strollers. It's not a bad walk - the far end of Rapunzel is about two-thirds of a mile from the monorail and there's a sidewalk once you reach the front of the parking lot. You do have to cross the tram road - exactly where depends on which lot you're parked in, but I recall it having a standard crosswalk painted on it.

For the return trip, I suggest checking the map at the TTC that reminds you where your lot is. You can spend a lot of time hunting for your row if you don't remember the route.
mkpark.jpg

The handicapped parking lot to the monorail should be between a tenth and a quarter mile, depending on where you parked.
Thanks. That sign looks pretty new.
Yes...I like that the monorail is also an option from CR!! Thank you so much.:moped: (scooter)
The monorail IS an option, but with getting upstairs at the Contemporary and waiting for the mnorail, will take longer than just walking.

Park at Epcot in the HC lot. Take the monorail to MK.

Interesting idea; and BONUS, the monorail stop at Epcot has an ELEVATOR. It is hard to spot, and I only found out it was there from this board.

I know all this talk might sound crazy to some of you, but it is really stressful to figure this out. I can't take the busses or trams with my son, and pushing him up big hills is hard too.

I try and stay at BLT. Next trip is at BWV though. :scratchin So I will have to figure it all out.

Okay, Options with a handicap placard are:

1. Park at handicap TTC and take boat to MK.

2. Park free with Valet parking at CR and take monorail which is upstairs (is there an elevator?)

3. Park free with Valet parking at CR and walk over with ECV.

4. Park at EPCOT handicap parking and use elevator for monorail.

Thanks for all these options.pixiedust:

emjean said:
Okay, Options with a handicap placard are:

1. Park at handicap TTC and take boat to MK.

2. Park free with Valet parking at CR and take monorail which is upstairs (is there an elevator?)

3. Park free with Valet parking at CR and walk over with ECV.

4. Park at EPCOT handicap parking and use elevator for monorail.

Thanks for all these options.pixiedust:

Yes their is an elevator at cr for monorails it goes from the fourth floor to the platform I ink the best bet would be the valet park at cr. even if the walk a little longer it just be less travel so you get their quicker.

Yes their is an elevator at cr for monorails it goes from the fourth floor to the platform I ink the best bet would be the valet park at cr. even if the walk a little longer it just be less travel so you get their quicker.

Sounds great. Even though my sister is using the ECV due to ESRD, I am perfectly healthy. My plan is to actually get as many miles on my feet as I can. I am taking a pedometer with me to count the miles traveled! Thanks for all the great advice.:cool1:

emjean said:
Sounds great. Even though my sister is using the ECV due to ESRD, I am perfectly healthy. My plan is to actually get as many miles on my feet as I can. I am taking a pedometer with me to count the miles traveled! Thanks for all the great advice.:cool1:

Well their no better place then Disney to walk and get miles you he surprised home many miles you will walk. Well hope you and your family have a great trip and everything works for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter