Can you walk a five day reservation?

People with more points at 11 months out can beat you to the spot by booking a week, so 5 nights at a time won't get it done if availability is tight. You'd have to walk a week.

People with more points at 11 months out can beat you to the spot by booking a week, so 5 nights at a time won't get it done if availability is tight. You'd have to walk a week.

I don't think this is true, but I could be wrong. If you have a five day reservation made at 11 months, no one else can book that room until five days later (at their 11 month window). As long as you walk on day 4 of your reservation, your room is still available for you to have your start date 4 days later. But then again, I have never walked, so I may not understand all the nuances.

Not true, the day you will be missing is the first day, you already have that day locked down with your original reservation, the only way a 5 day could get bumped is if you forget to walk it, unless you're trying to walk at 7 months which IMO is pointless.

Or do you need to walk a week and drop days once you hit your target dates?
You only need two nights to be able to walka reservation at 11 months. At 7 months, 7 nights is helpful but even then, someone who owns at that resort can book ahead of you and ruin your walk.

Not true, the day you will be missing is the first day, you already have that day locked down with your original reservation, the only way a 5 day could get bumped is if you forget to walk it, unless you're trying to walk at 7 months which IMO is pointless.
Not pointless, that is how we got our 7 days in VGC. I went in full well knowing an owner can scoop it up away from me. But most owners are booking long out. So a 2 week walk was well worth it.

I walked a 2 bedroom lock off at GFV for two nights....we needed the occupancy for ten people. I was surprised, but it did work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter