Can You Upgrade a Park Hopper To a AP

MikeWazowski

DIS Veteran
On my last trip to WDW my family bought 4 day hoppers and I bought a AP because I will be returning a few more times. Now my mother is thinking a bout returning again. I was wondering if it was possible to upgrade the hopper to a AP to save money. Thanks

Yup, they'll be able to take care of that for you.

And how ironic that you're from Buffalo too.

Will I have to go to the TTC to take care of this and what would the cost be. Thanks again

SnackyStacky - How About That Snow, LOL

Originally posted by MikeWazowski
Will I have to go to the TTC to take care of this and what would the cost be. Thanks again

SnackyStacky - How About That Snow, LOL

Hi, nope any guest relations window at any major park can do this, I believe they can do it at Guest relations at DD.
The cost? Well that depends on the pass you are trading in, if it has been used or not and where you purchased it.
The cost for a new AP is 392.99 (tax included).

No you can not do this at TTC. You need to go to one of the 4 parks guest relations windows and they will help you out. the nice part is that the value of the hopper will go towards the cost of the AP and then you just need to pay the difference. They usually go by the current cost of the ticket you are turning in, not the actual cost. I've always liked that policy.

Mike,
yes, you can do this....I think it can be done at any of the major parks...I do know that whatever they paid for the park hopper ticket will be applied to the price of the AP....I think the activation date on the AP would be retroactive to the date the park hoppers were first used...I think this last part is correct...someone out there that knows for sure care to answer that part as well?

Thanks

So if I have a four day hopper w/ no days left on it and I bought it at AAA will I still be able to upgrade? Which hopefully will mean subtracting the cost of the original hopper from a new AP. That would be great.

Mike, you can still upgrade! :)

The catch is that what you paid for your hopper pass is encoded on the mag strip. So you'll only get credit for the discounted rate that you paid.

As for where you can do it, I was always under the impression that APs could be purchased at any theme park ticket window, and that would include the TTC. Granted, that's probably not the EASIEST place to do it, but it's an option.

I checked on allearsnet.com, just to be sure, and here's what they say:

The following places will sell you an activated AP/PAP...:

- Any WDW major park ticket window
- Guest Relations at the major parks or at Downtown Disney and West Side

...So if I have a four day hopper w/ no days left on it and I bought it at AAA will I still be able to upgrade? Which hopefully will mean subtracting the cost of the original hopper from a new AP. That would be great.
Yes, it would be great but you can't do it. You can only upgrade a PH or a PHP to an AP and apply the total amount of what you paid for the PH(P) towards the AP if you do the upgrade within 7 days of first use of the ticket.

If you were to do the upgrade after the first seven days, then only the dollar value of the remaining unused major park admissions can be applied to the upgrade.

In your case, it's past seven days and you have nothing left on the ticket for unused admissions. Sorry but you are out of luck.

Thanks For Bursting My Bubble, LOL

Probably just going to bite th bullet and pay the full AP price. thanks

Thanks

So if I have a four day hopper w/ no days left on it and I bought it at AAA will I still be able to upgrade? Which hopefully will mean subtracting the cost of the original hopper from a new AP. That would be great.

You can only upgrade a fully used pass if done within 7 days of first use.

This explains it really well. http://allearsnet.com/pl/ticket.htm#9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter