Can you overdo the character meals?

My niece and nephew are 7 years old and love character meals. It is hard to get them to reduce their lists because they will come up with 3 or 4 each. My niece loves the 3 princess meals, CRT and PSB for breakfast and Park Faire for dinner. She also enjoys Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace. My nephew wants anything except for the princesses, Cape May, Breakfastasourus and Chef Mickeys for breakfast and Crystal Palace and Chef mickeys for dinner. We are trying Crystal Palace for breakfast for the first time this summer. The kids have always enjoyed all of the character meals and always ask for more when they hear we are planning another trip. The adults just get a little tired of the buffets.
You may want to ask your children who they would like to see and then plan your meals.

DD will be 4 and we are going to Disney primarily to SEE THE CHARACTERS! As someone mentioned before, you have to eat...why not eat with the characters? My DD LOVES characters (of any kind) and is SOOO excited to hug all of them. That said...we will be there for 10 days and have 7 (count them 7!!!) character meals planned. Chef Mickey's (D), LTT (L), CRT (B), CP (B), Cape May (B), 1900 Park Fare (D), and Princess Storybook (B). Would've booked Garden Grill, but it's closed when we're there. :guilty: This may seem like a lot, but we're not doing more than one sit down meal a day...it's just that most are with the characters! :sunny:

Happy planning!

Thanksgiving week 2004 we did LTT, Chef Mickey's, CP, Donald's at AK, and Garden Grill. Our boys are character nuts who eat well at buffets between character visits, so we had a great time at all!! ::MickeyMo

We mix things up

2 to 3 character dinings
2 to 3 dinings at Epcot/WS
and a must Fant dinner package. . .too bad no char dining here, or I would take it!!

And visit or enjoy the dinings at resorts

I have PSs for the following character meals over an 8 day trip this April:

1) Donald's Restaurantasaurus (breakfast) 8:05a before opening at 9a
2) Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)
3) Crystal Palace (breakfast) 8am before opening at 9am
4) Chef Mickey's (breakfast) on check-out day

...all are included in the dining plan. My DS11 and DS8 aren't that much into characters but they love the buffets because they can sit down and eat without waiting. The characters are a bonus. We could make out better $-wise if we ate at sit down restaurants (with desserts, appetizers, etc.), but my sons would rather eat and go at our own pace. We are hoping to make do with a snack from our room, a sit down meal and a counter service meal each day. We usually wouldn't eat 7 sit-down meals in one trip, but the dining plan sounded like fun and we are going to try it. I figure we save about $180 if we eat where I've planned.

Our other table service meals are at Ohana's, Concourse Steakhouse, and Hollywood&Vine.

30 days and counting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter