Can you freeze Oreos?

Yes you can. There is no change in texture or taste once they thaw. But really there is no reason to freeze them, the sealed package (or even if it's opened put it in a ziplock bag) lasts for several years without going stale.

Honestly, my DH ALWAYS keeps Oreos in the freezer. He likes them very cold so he puts the package in the freezer and eats them frozen.

I have a recipe that calls for baking oreos between a layer of chocolate chip cookie and brownie. I'm wondering if the oreos will freeze okay (if the cookie part will get soggy from the baking process, once frozen). Any thoughts or has anyone tried this?

Thanks!

I have a recipe that calls for baking oreos between a layer of chocolate chip cookie and brownie. I'm wondering if the oreos will freeze okay (if the cookie part will get soggy from the baking process, once frozen). Any thoughts or has anyone tried this?

Thanks!

The cookie part will get soggy from being baked inside batter. IT'll be in a brownie batter and inside greasy cookie dough so it won't stay crisp like an oreo regardless. I've heard of this but never tried it but just in a general baking sense.

Have you ever had Cookies & Cream ice cream?

I've baked Oreos inside cookies, and the baking process made the Oreos mushy. I'm not sure how they would freeze in that condition. It seems they'd probably just end up with a similar texture to the rest of the cookie.

Thanks!
:wave2:
Can you pm this recipe pleeeeeeeeze???
:goodvibes

oh - and i've done mini oreos in cupcakes and they sort of disintegrate during the baking process, but leave a sort of gooey center--yummy but hard to explain.

The white chocolate covered Oreos that you can only get around the holidays...they are so good frozen. :goodvibes

:wave2:
Can you pm this recipe pleeeeeeeeze???
:goodvibes

oh - and i've done mini oreos in cupcakes and they sort of disintegrate during the baking process, but leave a sort of gooey center--yummy but hard to explain.

They're called slutty brownies.

Take a 9"x9" brownie pan and line it with parchment paper.
Make a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough and spread it on the bottom.
Put a layer of Oreos on top of that.
Make the brownie mix and pour it on top.
Bake on 350 for about 30 minutes (though I usually do it longer.)
It will be gooey - a toothpick will not come out clean.
Let them set a bit and then enjoy!

They are amazing when served nice and warm.

No need to. They will look and taste the same 10 or more years later. Try it. It is rather frightening, actually.

ummmm no they don't....Oreos get stale.

Yes you can. There is no change in texture or taste once they thaw. But really there is no reason to freeze them, the sealed package (or even if it's opened put it in a ziplock bag) lasts for several years without going stale.

Honestly, my DH ALWAYS keeps Oreos in the freezer. He likes them very cold so he puts the package in the freezer and eats them frozen.

I think your DH may be onto something there......and I have had Oreos go stale, even in a Ziploc bag. They still get used, I crumble them up and make a chocolate pie with them as the crust, but they do go stale.

The white chocolate covered Oreos that you can only get around the holidays...they are so good frozen. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 YES!!!!!!! The chocolate covered ones too. :)

Oh my........I can see this recipe being made in my house soon! LOL Thank You!!

Thank you for sharing!!
I know what I'M doing this weekend...:thumbsup2

No need to. They will look and taste the same 10 or more years later. Try it. It is rather frightening, actually.

Any time I buy Oreos and don't eat them all within a week, they start to taste pretty stale. I may start freezing my oreos to help them last longer.

Oh my by BS is going up just reading that recipe, but got to try it anyway and I am diabetic. Kids will certainly make sure I don't overdo. Yum, thanks for sharing.

hmmmmm..... i wonder what would happen if i use the peanut butter oreos.....

Our HS colors are orange and black. The mothers all buy the Halloween oreos and nacho chips and M&M's in those colors and save/freeze them until graduation for parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter