• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can we talk dessert party?

Did they say why? We always sit...?
We’ve always been told to stand (when fireworks start). You can sit before the lights dim. We went Nov 2021 and Mar 2022. I believe it’s a fire code. People can get trampled if something happens suddenly and everyone starts running (it’s pretty dark).

Last edited:
We’ve always been told to stand (when fireworks start). You can sit before the lights dim. We went Nov 2021 and Mar 2022. I believe it’s a fire code. People can get trampled if something happens suddenly and everyone starts running (it’s pretty dark).
Thanks- maybe thats new? We havent been in three years but have never stood up...Also seems strange because everywhere else people are sitting on curbs etc.

Thanks- maybe thats new? We havent been in three years but have never stood up...Also seems strange because everywhere else people are sitting on curbs etc.
The people sitting on the curbs are also usually told to stand up.

Does anyone know what is going on with the treat and seat. I have been checking them everyday before we go in Dec and nothing is available for Nov 1-5 but the other two has availability. Is it that popular.
I was able to book Treats and Seats for November 9th this week. The reservations open at midnight. I booked it at midnight the first day I could make reservations for our trip so it was 60+4 days out. I looked later that day and they were already sold out. So I think it is popular and there are only limited amount of seats.

I was able to book Treats and Seats for November 9th this week. The reservations open at midnight. I booked it at midnight the first day I could make reservations for our trip so it was 60+4 days out. I looked later that day and they were already sold out. So I think it is popular and there are only limited amount of seats.
What day did you book it on the 60+4. I checked it last night at midnight and the 9th was available.

For a party of 5 at treats and seats, is a railing option possible? Or are all those 2 and 4 tops?
I believe (maaaybe) there was a table for 6 next to me - on the railing - a few weeks ago. I was solo, and a family of four was at the table chatting with me, I am pretty sure there were two empty seats at their table. But for sure, almost all 2’s and 4’s. Arrive early!

I believe (maaaybe) there was a table for 6 next to me - on the railing - a few weeks ago. I was solo, and a family of four was at the table chatting with me, I am pretty sure there were two empty seats at their table. But for sure, almost all 2’s and 4’s. Arrive early!
What is early? An hour before? An hour and a half?

We've been to the HEA party a few times before.

I was watching a review of the new dessert party and noticed that the menu was drastically reduced?

It appears Disney removed the following?
ooey gooey toffee cake w/ Ice cream
roasted marshmallows station
build your own cupcake station
cookies and brownies area
seems to be a few less selection of desserts also.

non-dessert foods removed?
cheeseburger eggrolls
Spanish dip

So it looks like Disney removed a ton of items, and increased the price!
Oh man the spring rolls and the ooey gooey cake were the best things there!! I was sad when the mango shooters disappeared but the rolls and the cake were great. We may have to rethink our next trip.

They need to improve the offerings esp. since they have more on the dessert cruise (same price). There were so many servers just standing in the walkway and chatting (they are anything but short staffed). CMs this time around we’re much nicer and better trained vs last year. Suggestions:

1. Spring rolls, savory crepes, mini pita bread and veggies with dipping sauces, mozzarella sticks, chicken/veggie skewers, mini pizzas
2. cupcake/cookie station or a pre plated make your own treat like at BOG/CRT
3. soft serve ice cream (with vegan opt) with toppings

Can someone tell me how many types of parties there are?

I can't find info on WDW.com

We attended 2 parties where you go to the Tomorrowland Terrace, eat some snacks, then go to a roped off area near the hub.

I also have seen parties where the fireworks are first then you go have snacks.

I've heard of the party where you have snacks and sit in Tomorrowland Terrace DURING the fireworks.

What, exactly, are the current party options?

Can someone tell me how many types of parties there are?

I can't find info on WDW.com

We attended 2 parties where you go to the Tomorrowland Terrace, eat some snacks, then go to a roped off area near the hub.

I also have seen parties where the fireworks are first then you go have snacks.

I've heard of the party where you have snacks and sit in Tomorrowland Terrace DURING the fireworks.

What, exactly, are the current party options?
I don’t know if this is a complete listing but searching dessert on MDE showed these offerings:

AF1C3C40-FE18-425C-852F-6F382B066997.jpeg

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but do you pay for the dessert party at the time of booking or when you actually go? TIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter