Can this be right? Geico question

binny

do something that MATTERS!
so the hospital that dh was at Friday called and said " How would you like to pay for the ER visit?" he said " uhhhh I would like the person who hit ME to pay for it!" and the woman asked who the insurance was, dh said it was Geico and the woman said " oh you will have to call them they dont call you"

How can that be right?

The hospital is after US to pay? when dh was the one who was the victim? They have all the information that we have for the insurance. I dont get why we should have to call them :confused: I mean I know from MY accident on Friday that my insurance has already taken care of everything and checks are being issued already. I know thats fast but Geico hasnt bothered to contact us at all.

Is this how Geico works?

THAT IS HOW ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES WORK.

the hospital is right, your dh had the treatment, and he is primarily responsible for the bill.

if you want an suto insurer to pay a medical claim you have to contact them, let them know that you expect them to pay, fill out claim forms, etc. it's not like health insurance, whre hospitals have a rleationship with the isnurers.

call them in the morning.

well as I said, my insurance company didnt work like that and thats the only thing I have to go by.
My insurance company handled everything!

I figured since they had all the same info that dh had they (the hospital) would know who to bill.

My insurance has already totalled my van and expects to issue checks tomorrow. Why shouldnt Geico work like that?

BTW he already called Geico.

rubyslipperlover said:
THAT IS HOW ALL INSURANCE COMPANIES WORK.

the hospital is right, your dh had the treatment, and he is primarily responsible for the bill.

if you want an suto insurer to pay a medical claim you have to contact them, let them know that you expect them to pay, fill out claim forms, etc. it's not like health insurance, whre hospitals have a rleationship with the isnurers.

call them in the morning.
Actually, the laws are different in PA. When I accidentally slammed my car door on my ankle (long story based in stupidity) the hospital would not even take my health insurance info, they said they had to submit it to my auto insurance (per state law) because it was an accident that involved a vehicle. A few days later, my auto insurance co called me to verify the claim. I never heard another word about it from my insurance company or the hospital.

First of all, let me tell you I am an insurance agent for the state of PA. Here is how it works, regardless of fault, you are provided with a minimum of $5,000.00 medical under your policy. That is not medical for others ( Such as a homeowners policy). This is for you and covered family members. It does not go "against" you on your record. After that limit is exhausted, you should receive a "letter of exhaustion" from your company. At that point, you submit the additional claims to your primary health coverage provider.

ok nevermind dh got a hold of them and they had the wrong contact information for him :confused:

thats why they didnt call, theyre handling it now.

BTW, This was in no way his fault he was at a complete stop behind traffic and a woman slammed into the car behind him that slammed into him.

the good news,
I just saved a bunch of money switching to geico. :rotfl:
sorry i could'nt resist.hope everything works out for you and your dh feels much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter