can someone pls answer this for me? (sad...?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaneParkerIRL

Earning My Ears
so i just turned a teen and i going to start losing weight but when im going on my disney cruise in july imma eat alot and not healthy lol and the gym is for 18+ it says and i dont wanna go back to how i was before after i lost all this weight so is there any like thing i can do? like go in with a 18+ year old? cause this is kinda bugging me...

Don't go to crazy with food, it will make it more difficult when you get home too. And don't use the elevators. We actually lost weight on our (12 day) cruise! And we did eat desserts (or multiple) every night. We had everything the pooldeck had to offer, just not multiple times.

Last cruise I ate a ton but avoided junk & I didn't gain anything. There is also a jogging track outside around the boat on one of the decks. You can do it! Stay focused & congrats on your weight loss!!! And really... if you gain anything it sounds like you know what to do to lose the few pounds you may gain.

Don't go to crazy with food, it will make it more difficult when you get home too. And don't use the elevators. We actually lost weight on our (12 day) cruise! And we did eat desserts (or multiple) every night. We had everything the pooldeck had to offer, just not multiple times.
what im trying to say is im probably not gonna eat healthy like im gonna have steak and icecream and stuff...

Last cruise I ate a ton but avoided junk & I didn't gain anything. There is also a jogging track outside around the boat on one of the decks. You can do it! Stay focused & congrats on your weight loss!!! And really... if you gain anything it sounds like you know what to do to lose the few pounds you may gain.
thxs!

As others have said, use the stairs whenever possible vs. the elevator. You'll get lots of walking in on the ship going from place to place. Play basketball, ping pong, etc in the sports area. Use the jogging track on deck 4. If you're Vibe age, check and see if they have a Vibe night at the gym, and try to participate in some of their 'active' activities.

The one diet thing I would recommend is to avoid regular soda--it's just empty calories. You'll enjoy eating your calories (as desserts/pizza/fries, etc) more than you'll enjoy drinking them!

Also, if you do gain weight, some of it should come off a few days after you're back on your normal diet due to water retention from a higher salt content in 'restaurant' foods vs. home cooked meals.

Last edited:
what im trying to say is im probably not gonna eat healthy like im gonna have steak and icecream and stuff...
Yes and I'm trying to say that's ok, but make sure you don't do it to often. It's ok to have a steak or ice cream, just make sure both aren't daily

Start your meals with a large green salad with a vinaigrette dressing. Have a glass of seltzer or sparkling water with your meals. Have everything that you want but cut the served portion in half or ask them to bring you a half portion. Take every opportunity to walk the decks and use the stairs, even when you aren't going anywhere. Bring some exercise bands ith you and use them in your cabin. Good luck!

I don’t want to sound preachy but I get nervous hearing children talk about dieting/weight loss. You say you just became a teen so I assume you are 11-13. I hope you are enlist the help of your parents on this journey. You are still growing and proper nutrition is very important. Exercise is very important as well and as others have said you should be able to get it by just staying active. Take the stairs if you are physically capable. Shoot hopes on the sports deck. Use the jogging track if so inclined. Just keep moving and eat only until satiated.

As someone who has struggled with weight issues his whole life, trust me when I say alternatively switching between dieting and binging is a difficult road to travel. Learn good behaviors now and develop a healthy relationship with food and physical activity.

Okay. Sorry. I’m stepping off of my soapbox. Have a great trip.

so i just turned a teen and i going to start losing weight but when im going on my disney cruise in july imma eat alot and not healthy lol and the gym is for 18+ it says and i dont wanna go back to how i was before after i lost all this weight so is there any like thing i can do? like go in with a 18+ year old? cause this is kinda bugging me...

Although you won't be able to use the gym, there are some other options for you to get exercise. Check out the activities available In the Edge/Vibe as many of them are active. You can do shuffleboard, use the walking track, use the basketball court on the top deck. If your cruise includes a stop at Castaway Cay there are a number of activities available there that are very active like kayaking and biking.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!
Heard that in Weight Watchers 30 years ago and it rings true.

Have a good time get your ice cream cone and enjoy it. If you taste in moderation you will be fine.
My son in law is a gym rat in his normal every day life and on cruises he goes to the gym twice a day, which is crazy cause he still gains weight.
But he always tells me once he gets home and goes back to his regular eating schedule and routine, he looses anything he gained really fast.

You can do this, moderation is the key, a couple pounds is okay, don't beat yourself up over it.

Just go and have a great time!

Based on menus that I have seen, they have some healthy options. I would also say treat yourself, just don't binge. Everyone says you walk a lot, take the stairs instead of the elevator, take a walk on the running track or run. I also agree with a comment above, forget the soda, that is wasted calories. I rarely drink it, I would rather get my calories from eating.

:welcome:

If you are specifically looking for ideas for how you can keep up with your exercise routine on the ship, my suggestion would be walking or jogging on the jogging track. You can also find an empty area on deck and do some strength training exercises that just use your body weight (push ups, squats, lunges, etc). Maybe put together a short routine at home so that you have it down before your trip. You definitely don't need a gym to exercise, although I feel your pain about not being allowed in the gym. I personally think it's an unfair rule.

First piece of advice, don't stress about this while on vacation. Our son struggles with weight loss issues and he usually gains about 5 to 8 lbs every cruise. He is 15 and cannot go to the gym, but he does use the stairs for the majority of the cruise, plays mini golf (Dream and Fantasy), walks on Deck 4 around the ship several times and of course uses the Aquaduck (Dream and Fantasy) which has MANY levels of stairs to get up to the top. The Aquadunk is the same thing with getting up all the stairs.
He picks his food choices wisely on the buffet and does not over do on the fried foods and ice cream. He will sometimes get kids meals as opposed to choosing on the adult menu and will not overeat that way.

Stay active and watch your carbs and have a lot of fun on your cruise! :)

The Bread Basket OY, the dreaded bread basket, try to avoid it. Its my weakness for sure.
You can ask your server to bring you some fresh cut up veggies to nosh on in place of the bread.

The Bread Basket OY, the dreaded bread basket, try to avoid it. Its my weakness for sure.
You can ask your server to bring you some fresh cut up veggies to nosh on in place of the bread.

It is really my downfall as well. Especially the dips that come with the bread. So not fair. :)

OP, this is one week. That’s it. It’s not going to mess you up for the rest of your life.

Eat things that are nice but you don’t have to cram your stomach full of those things. Be active. Walk, play, swim. Hang out with the other 13 years olds and be silly.

My son is 13 and very active. When on a cruise he eats and is happy with that, then gets home and goes back to his normal active life and any little gain he might have had goes away.

So don’t worry about this. Have a nice cruise then get back to your normal daily life. Be and stay active. Have fun!!!

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!
Heard that in Weight Watchers 30 years ago and it rings true.

Shudder. That statement is a seriously dangerous one in the minds of some people. Like me starting at the age of 9. And given that the OP just became a teen it could be dangerous for him or her as well. That statement just isn’t true, first off, or some people are eating the wrong things, and second it’s a doorway to eating disorders in many.

And yes at WW I would say this every single time someone made that statement.

Please don’t say it to teens...

OP, first of all, welcome, and congratulations!

You've made a choice (hopefully with the assistance of parents, etc.) and you are going to "start losing weight."

By the time you get to your cruise you will have many advantages:

1) You will already have begun altering your eating and exercize habits and developing good habits. That will make it easier to keep it up during the cruise.
2) The cruise is a great opportunity to be active. No cars. No Internet. None of your home gaming consoles or other things that might keep you inside. Plenty of time to go out and have fun, and at the same time be active. If you have a device that tracks your steps, I think you'll find you have no trouble keeping them at a high number daily.
3) Attitude. Remember, what happens to the scale after a one week cruise isn't what matters.
4) Not to be preachy, but keep in mind a healthy weight is important, but your weight doesn't define you. Remember the good things about the person you are while you are adjusting your weight to where you and your parents feel is best for your long term health.

I have a teen-aged son who is a bit heavier than he wants to be (his doctor agrees), and he is working on eating less and exercising more, but at the same time, I try to make sure he knows that he's a great person, regardless of his weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter