Can someone help me understand this offer email?

LaurinG

Earning My Ears
I got an email with a 15-digit PIN, and the offer says Free Disney Dining Plan: When you buy one of these 4-night/5-day vacation packages at select Disney Value Resorts including accommodations and theme park tickets, just $1284 for a family of 4, for the following dates, yada, yada, yada...through dec...

I'm confused...isn't this the same offer I'm seeing in the Disney commercials?

Is there some deal here other than the free dining, which everyone is getting? And if so, could I use it on a Deluxe resort (for more $$$, of course)?

I guess I just need to call Disney, but the truth is that I'm not planning to go until Presidents Week in Feb. and I'm hoping to get something like the 7 for 4 deal that they offered last year? Did that deal even work for the holiday week 2009?

I've already booked a room at the WL...just to have it reserved. Does this email hurt my chances of receiving another code in 2010 for the week I actually want to go?

Well that's a relief! I still can't figure out what the deal is that they are offering me in this email...I'm feeling really dumb at the moment.

We got the same PIN. We already booked with free dining in September, so I'm not sure WHY we got it. :confused3 We called - it's the same as the free dining they are currently offering, but I did notice you can book through 10/3 with the PIN and only through 9/26 with the current free dining offer.

We're considering a second trip in December for our anniversary, so we may use the PIN for that if we don't book before the current free dining offer expires (but I think we'll book sooner). I'm not sure if there is a separate block of rooms available if you book with the PIN instead of the general public offer?

Either way, even though it's not much use to us, we were just glad to get a PIN. Hopefully that means we're on Disney's radar and will get future offers! :worship:

I got an email with a 15-digit PIN, and the offer says Free Disney Dining Plan: When you buy one of these 4-night/5-day vacation packages at select Disney Value Resorts including accommodations and theme park tickets, just $1284 for a family of 4, for the following dates, yada, yada, yada...through dec...

I'm confused...isn't this the same offer I'm seeing in the Disney commercials?

Is there some deal here other than the free dining, which everyone is getting? And if so, could I use it on a Deluxe resort (for more $$$, of course)?

That PIN is slightly different than the new free dining promotion. With the free dining PIN (which I used about a week ago), you booked the hotel & room tickets, and got the free Disney Dining Plan thrown in. With the new free dining offer, if you book a Value resort, they thrown in the Quick Service Dining Plan (and you can pay to upgrade to the regular plan), and with the Moderate or Deluxe Resort, you get the Disney Dining Plan. When I priced it up for our exact trip, the PIN saved me about $120 over the current plan with the paid upgrade (we are 2 adults staying at POP from 10/23-10/30)

The pin got us Regular Disney Dining at POP for free. It saved us from paying the difference between the Quick Service (offered free right now to everyone staying at the value) and the Regular Dining. So no complaints here!

I received the pin in my email yesterday. I had already booked a value w/ free dining (quick service) the day before. But I called using the pin I received in the email and it allowed us to upgrade from quick service to the regular dining plan. Saved our party almost $300. No complaints here! :)

We have the same situation. I booked POP with the free QS FD and would like to get a pin for free regular dining and save the $300!!! I have no problem with the quick service as this eliminates getting ADRs and planning our trip around eating.

Chech out out the Free Dining PIN FAQ located in my Signature below.

I think it answers all of your questions.

I got the sane thing, Saved me over 200 dollars on my dinning upgrade i did.
Went from quick service to full dinning for free. Sweet :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter