Can I watch the NYE fireworks right outside MK

Normally, guests with CG reservations booked at a time that comes after an MK fireworks show time are generally allowed to go up and watch that night's MK show even before their reservation time.
I know. I've done it many many times. Last July 4th actually

I was referring to last night only. Who was allowed there last night? Was it empty? PP didn't say

If it's a private event then I can accept it even if I don't like it but you need to tell people

That's why I mentioned the possibility of Disney "brass" holding an event there.
And, the CG manager being told (something similar to,) "Don't tell restaurant guests who is using the area.
Just say that for the late show the area is not open."
Then, the "new" manager (6 months is not "new" in my book) was not too quick on her/his feet and didn't
fineness the situation... just said, "Its not open due to policy..." and clammed up.

That's what comes to my mind about it.
Its a PR mess!

Yes and I don’t even know who to send the email to. I can’t find the info online. They had security patrolling the balcony and asking people to leave. They said they close at 11:30 to get ready for the big event the next day. I think they don’t want us coming in and getting the good seats for a discount the night before the big event but it was really upsetting. I wish I had just stayed. Anyone have any suggestions in who to contact?

Yes and I don’t even know who to send the email to. I can’t find the info online. They had security patrolling the balcony and asking people to leave. They said they close at 11:30 to get ready for the big event the next day. I think they don’t want us coming in and getting the good seats for a discount the night before the big event but it was really upsetting. I wish I had just stayed. Anyone have any suggestions in who to contact?
There's a general guest services email
guest.services@disneyworld.com
Or the big guns
george.kalogridis@disney.com

So was anyone out there at all?

Getting back to the OP, do note that boat traffic on NYE is restricted between 11:00 and 12:30. There will be no ferries or boats from the resorts running during the fireworks.

gehrig...thank you for your reply with your tidbit advice. We stay at the Shades of Green and I was thinking that we could walk over from the path through Grand Floridian and walk close enough to MK, sit out a blanket and enjoy the fireworks from there. Though I never once saw or read anyone else doing this idea of mine. Can't this be done?

gehrig...thank you for your reply with your tidbit advice. We stay at the Shades of Green and I was thinking that we could walk over from the path through Grand Floridian and walk close enough to MK, sit out a blanket and enjoy the fireworks from there. Though I never once saw or read anyone else doing this idea of mine. Can't this be done?

There is no walking path past GF.

We just left California Grill where we spent a lot of money to watch these fireworks and then were told we could not stay. There are guards posted on the balcony and we were quite rudely treated. They told us we could have watched the 6:30 fireworks but how were we to know that. We will not be back to the California Grill.
I’m sorry to hear about your experience! But I do appreciate the info for the future. I will be there next year and was wondering if I could get a late CG reservation for the midnight fireworks (even though the restaurant hours are just to 10pm). I guess instead I will do an earlier CG for the 6:30 fireworks and do a dessert party in MK for the midnight fireworks!

Woah - a lot of animosity here for something that a bit of research clearly shows isn't allowed! California Grill hosts a special New Years Eve "experience" for a whopping $675 a person - only those attending that event are allowed. California Grill closes to regular diners at 10 for this reason. Yes, it would have been nice for them to mention this to you sooner when it became apparent that you were stretching out your dining time to see the fireworks.

If you're skeptical, check out the NYE info on California Grill's page straight from Disney's website! https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/california-grill/

(Though it looks like you weren't there tonight, but another day they did the special fireworks? I would hope that wouldn't be the full $675 a person, but it still seems extremely probable it was for a special event. Either way, I can see why they'd have an issue with people staying two hours past closing time.)

Woah - a lot of animosity here for something that a bit of research clearly shows isn't allowed! California Grill hosts a special New Years Eve "experience" for a whopping $675 a person - only those attending that event are allowed. California Grill closes to regular diners at 10 for this reason. Yes, it would have been nice for them to mention this to you sooner when it became apparent that you were stretching out your dining time to see the fireworks.

If you're skeptical, check out the NYE info on California Grill's page straight from Disney's website! https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/california-grill/

(Though it looks like you weren't there tonight, but another day they did the special fireworks? I would hope that wouldn't be the full $675 a person, but it still seems extremely probable it was for a special event. Either way, I can see why they'd have an issue with people staying two hours past closing time.)
Nope this was the 30th. Not the 31st.

Whoa, a lot of telling everyone they should do some research when have it's you who should. At least you figured out you had the date wrong. There could have been a private event but no discounted version of NYE offered. PP has since said no one was out there. So no private event either. They always allow guests to watch fireworks, other than the 31st, on the deck. They've even allowed those who dinned anytime of the day to return. Not to mention if you've ever dinned at CG you should also be aware that a meal can easily take 2 hours. No stretching out needed. 100% of those booking at night do so to watch fireworks. Hopefully from their seat. Do you think they kicked those guests out? No
If you are skeptical book there and dine sometime.

This is me just speculating but it had to be something else.
I live stream for a living and know a couple of other disney live streamers, the night in question one of them was live streaming at the contemporary and was approached by security and told, very rudely, to stop and actually delete the video. Something that doesn't really happen as there are no disney rules saying you can't record our live stream while on vacation.
Could've been someone very, very important was there and needed additional security?

This is me just speculating but it had to be something else.
I live stream for a living and know a couple of other disney live streamers, the night in question one of them was live streaming at the contemporary and was approached by security and told, very rudely, to stop and actually delete the video. Something that doesn't really happen as there are no disney rules saying you can't record our live stream while on vacation.
Could've been someone very, very important was there and needed additional security?

Of course! My guess would be Tom Cruise and his entourage.

Whoa, a lot of telling everyone they should do some research when have it's you who should. At least you figured out you had the date wrong. There could have been a private event but no discounted version of NYE offered. PP has since said no one was out there. So no private event either. They always allow guests to watch fireworks, other than the 31st, on the deck. They've even allowed those who dinned anytime of the day to return. Not to mention if you've ever dinned at CG you should also be aware that a meal can easily take 2 hours. No stretching out needed. 100% of those booking at night do so to watch fireworks. Hopefully from their seat. Do you think they kicked those guests out? No
If you are skeptical book there and dine sometime.

I have dined there and watched the fireworks - but not at midnight. My understanding has always been that NYE or not, the CG fireworks viewing does not extend to midnight since they are closed by that time. There may be a few tables still finishing up their meal (although yes, in my opinion it is rude to the employees to stretch out your meal to be there for three hours when the place is clearing out and the workers are waiting on you - remember, OP got there at 9.) I just think it’s a bit ridiculous the way people are going on about how they would refuse to leave, say they can just arrest them then, etc., over this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter