Can I check someone else in?

HHMcG

DIS Veteran
My FIL is making this trip with us. When I check my family in, can I check him in too without him being present? Our reservations are linked but he is in a separate room.

I don't think I can but it sure would make my life easier.

DH and FIL are taking the 'big' kids to Legoland when we arrive in FL and I am taking the 'baby' straight to AoA to check in and then MK. I will need to 'help' FIL check in as he is clueless, we woudl like our suites close and he needs to add SIL and DN to his reservation as room only guests. I really don't want to have to rush back from MK to meet him for check in. It would be awesome if I could have it all arranged by the time he makes it to The World. I guess I could trust DH to help FIL but I am a control freak.

Yes, you can still check in.

Your ressies are most likely linked because you made some kind of request to be close to one another or that you got a discount with multiple rooms.

But you ultimately have your own reservation on your own room. The linking does not matter.

Yes, you can still check in.

Your ressies are most likely linked because you made some kind of request to be close to one another or that you got a discount with multiple rooms.

But you ultimately have your own reservation on your own room. The linking does not matter.

He is in a separate room ...the OP wants to know if she can check in for HIS room. She will definitely be able to check in for her own room but I cant say for sure if she can check in for a different room.

My FIL is making this trip with us. When I check my family in, can I check him in too without him being present? Our reservations are linked but he is in a separate room.

I don't think I can but it sure would make my life easier.

DH and FIL are taking the 'big' kids to Legoland when we arrive in FL and I am taking the 'baby' straight to AoA to check in and then MK. I will need to 'help' FIL check in as he is clueless, we woudl like our suites close and he needs to add SIL and DN to his reservation as room only guests. I really don't want to have to rush back from MK to meet him for check in. It would be awesome if I could have it all arranged by the time he makes it to The World. I guess I could trust DH to help FIL but I am a control freak.

If you check him in, how will he get into his room if you are at MK? Checking into a Disney resort is very easy. You are trusting these men with your child(ren) in a theme park. I would hope that they are capable of checking in without help. Your FIL will need to know his name and have his ID. That's it. :goodvibes

Maybe so if they are linked...but they usually want to see the ID of the main guest.

If she is able to check him in, she can note that he will pick up his key. when he arrives they will cut him a key. So she doesn't have to worry about whether he can get his key. I just don't know if they can do this for two separate rooms. If she can, he can just go to the desk, show his ID and pick up the keys.

I was unable to do this with linked reservations. I was only able to check in for the room in which I was registered.

I have no idea what the rule is but I was not able to do it. This was at Beach Club.

TDC Nala said:
Maybe so if they are linked...but they usually want to see the ID of the main guest.

If she is able to check him in, she can note that he will pick up his key. when he arrives they will cut him a key. So she doesn't have to worry about whether he can get his key. I just don't know if they can do this for two separate rooms. If she can, he can just go to the desk, show his ID and pick up the keys.

Bolding is mine...
I guess the operative word here is 'usually'
I have been always been the Lead guest until DD became a CM and then when we booked w/ her she had to be lead... Either of us have checked in first without issue. And when we have arrived at the checkin desk the CM has asked for ID and DH said something to the effect of from whom...and the CM responded that any Adult on the reserveration would be fine. So either his ID or mine was acceptable, even though I was lead. I guess it may depend on the CM you get. Just like some report they want to see everyone in your party for FD. We have NEVER been asked to present everyone!! Never, LOL!! :)

Checking into a Disney resort is very easy. You are trusting these men with your child(ren) in a theme park. I would hope that they are capable of checking in without help. Your FIL will need to know his name and have his ID. That's it. :goodvibes
:rotfl2: You are right.
The only part that I'm concerned about is he needs to add SIL and DN to the ressie as room only. He keeps telling me "just to add them now." But they do not arrive until 3 days later and do not need the same package he has. He doesn't understand any of it. I fear he would mess it up and pay an arm and leg for something they don't need.
I guess I could always go down later (after he arrives and checks in) and add then to the ressie.

:rotfl2: You are right.
The only part that I'm concerned about is he needs to add SIL and DN to the ressie as room only. He keeps telling me "just to add them now." But they do not arrive until 3 days later and do not need the same package he has. He doesn't understand any of it. I fear he would mess it up and pay an arm and leg for something they don't need.
I guess I could always go down later (after he arrives and checks in) and add then to the ressie.

You can add them anytime. I would just do it the day (or night) before they arrive. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter