• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can DVC Members purchase park tickets with meal plans?

rmaiers

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I thought I remember reading about WDW Vacation Packages that include meal plans (i.e. "all inclusive" - except for alchohol). Just wondering if this is correct and if DVC Members can purchase them, too.

If so, can somebody provide info or a web link?

Unless the plans have changed, the ones I did in the past also included your room, so DVC on points would not work with it.
Anyone else have more up-to-date info?

In our pre-DVC days we flirted with going silver or gold a couple of times, but when pricing it out we would have had to eat a lot more than we do to make it worth it; just a lot of stuff we were not interested in.
pirate:
I don't think these are that good a deal for most people. Check out what the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World or Deb's AllEarsNet.com have to say on the subject and price it out for yourself.

Jump over to the Budget Board and read the thread about the Quick and Casual meal vouchers that can be used at WDW. It's a great way to prepay many of your meals and save a few bucks as well.

They offered a couple of plans over the years, but nothing for quite some time.

The quick and casual meal vouchers might be a way to go. But be warned: My family went once on a 2-meal-a-day plan. Like the whirling gravitational field around a black hole, it sucked us screaming into the fanciest restaurants twice a day ("Gotta get our money's worth!), where we ordered unwanted appetizers and desserts ("We paid for 'em!") until we thought we'd explode.

It sounds like fun, but it was more of a burden than a joy. Our life was dominated by PS reservations and we felt logey all day.

The upside is that our kids got to try prime rib, filet mignon and lobster tail, which we'd never have let them order otherwise. The downside is that now our kids love prime rib, filet mignon and lobster tail, and try to order them all the time!
:crazy:

rocketriter:
Did you post about something different from the Q&C meal vouchers? I ask because they can only be used at counter service restaurants. Cost is about $11.75 each and you get a drink, entree w/side, and a dessert. They don't save you money everywhere but there are a least two places in each park where you can buy a meal and the total is much higher than the price of the voucher (which also includes taxes). The best thing is to get an entree you can share like a double cheeseburger and then purchase an extra bun (I've heard many of the restaurants will do this for a small charge). You could even order an extra side if there are two people eating and still come out money ahead. Maybe you can take that extra money and have that Filet Mignon at the end of your visit!!!

Originally posted by rocketriter
The quick and casual meal vouchers might be a way to go. But be warned: My family went once on a 2-meal-a-day plan. Like the whirling gravitational field around a black hole, it sucked us screaming into the fanciest restaurants twice a day ("Gotta get our money's worth!), where we ordered unwanted appetizers and desserts ("We paid for 'em!") until we thought we'd explode.
It sounds like fun, but it was more of a burden than a joy. Our life was dominated by PS reservations and we felt logey all day.
The upside is that our kids got to try prime rib, filet mignon and lobster tail, which we'd never have let them order otherwise. The downside is that now our kids love prime rib, filet mignon and lobster tail, and try to order them all the time!
:rotfl: Too Funny Rocketriter! I guess we knew ouselves too well, and always avoided going "silver" or "gold" in our pre-DVC days because of it. We definately would have felt pressure to get our money's worth, and our waistlines would have paid for the excesses of those plans.

The pre-paid vouchers seem like a decent idea, especially if you go to counter-service locations a lot. We like a number of counter-service restaurants (Kringla at Norway, and Tusker House at AKL being our favorites), but we like to do at least one sit-down restaurant meal a day when on vacation (we sit down for all our meals, thank you). How many of the Q&C vouchers do you have to buy at a time, and where do you get them?

I think most people use the free 10-day trial through the Hotwire Savings Club to order their vouchers and then cancel before the trial period is over to avoid any membership fees. Order as many as you think you might use during your next visit. I would get one per meal for each two people. The thread on the Budget Board is huge and should have any other info. as well as links.

One word of caution: Don't make the mistake I did and buy them from eBay. I had not found this website and didn't know they could be purchased directly and ended up paying much more for the vouchers than they were worth. Oh well, live and learn!!!

rocketriter: Did you post about something different...
I posted about the so-called Silver Wishes plan, which is not available to DVC members at present. I don't have experience with the coupons, although I understand you can buy them either for luxury meals or (for less cost) for fast-food meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter