Can anyone at Disneyland right now report crowd levels for this week? :) (any days between 10/5/19 through 10/13/19)

The weather is nice but it’s super crazy. They are actively shepherding people over to Tom Sawyers island. Which is really smart. But I’ve never in my life seen so many people on this island. 😆 I was talking to a custodial CM on the island who said she’s never seen so many people on the island in 19 years lol. She also said that today is the busiest she’s seen it all year.
Oh my gosh 😳

Attachments

• 4DDD0D92-C766-4C97-90B9-6023C728C4C7.png
    4DDD0D92-C766-4C97-90B9-6023C728C4C7.png
    266 KB · Views: 77
Oh! And some schools in norcal are closed because of the power outage and people are making trips down. So this week is just getting slammed in all areas

Ugh! I have friends driving in now for their first trip. I tried to talk them out of going this week once I saw how booked all the hotels on Harbor were. They're planning on "just winging it" when they get there. Words that make this DL over planner cringe.
It will be difficult. I would urge them to at least get to the parks before rope drop and invest in MaxPass (which will hopefully be all fixed soon). I was finally able to place a mobile order (pumpkin spice Mickey beignets yay!) after three hours of not being able to. I just overheard CMs in the baby care center saying most local school districts are closed today. Not sure how accurate that is but people are asking the CMs why it’s so crazy today.

I was at the park from 7:20 till about 12:30 today. Crowds were heavier than I expected - easily double what I thought they'd be. A few people told me that they were largely due to both the Utah and Arizona schools' fall breaks. I was also told that the breaks are in some way linked with the UEA, the Utah Education Association. Or, as it's called at Disneyland at this time of year, "Utah escapes to Anaheim." I'm told that the elevated crowds are expected to last through the weekend.

Last edited:

We are here this week and it is really busy from my uneducated perspective. We left the parks today because it was so crazy after our 11:30 lunch. Fast passes are gone pretty quick, especially DCA. We had planned to move there after lunch today and grab some passes but all were gone looking at the app.

Yesterday we started at DCA and got quite a bit done at rope drop, but Toy Story Mania was down a lot in the morning and we never got to it. We moved to DL at 4:30pm and couldn’t get much done until really after 9pm.

We are still having fun, but it is the busiest I have ever seen it. Most every major attraction is 90 minutes plus. We haven’t been here since 2015 and am not sure we will be back if this becomes normal. Fastpass can only do so much. We pulled an Indy pass at 11am for 2:00pm and by the time we could pull another FP at 1:00, Space Mountain was out to 7:30 return time and fastpasses were pretty much gone before we could get another at 3:00. DCA was worse because the 4 big rides were gone before lunch.

Last edited:
After seeing this, you know what sounds great? A summer visit to DL. Preferably when So Cal APs are blocked out. This week is perhaps a perfect storm because you have:
  • fabulous So Cal October weather
  • Halloween time, which locals & out-of-towners alike totally love at DL
  • So Cal Select AP holders can go Mon-Thurs (blocked out Fri, Sat, Sun)
  • So Cal AP holders can go Mon-Fri (blocked out Sat, Sun)
  • Flex AP holders can go Mon-Fri (blocked out Sat, Sun)
  • Deluxe AP holders can go Sun-Fri (blocked out Sat)
  • Utah schools on fall break
  • AZ schools on fall break
  • some CA schools on fall break
  • power outages in Northern CA driving some people to head south for a few days to see Mickey
Never before have I ever seen a queue just to get back from Tom Sawyer's Island. That is NUTS!

I’m on break at work and have been checking the app. It just keeps getting worse lol. I wonder how staffing is today 🤔 Also when does the park close for capacity? The wait times look like when the park is at capacity around Christmas

Update, just checked again:
105 for toy story midway mania
160 for Incredicoaster
110 for space mountain
120 for Matterhorn
90 for Indiana Jones
75 for big thunder
105 for haunted mansion
Are these accurate?? my gosh 😳I don’t think I’ve ever been to the park in crowds like this.

Last edited:
I’m on break at work and have been checking the app. It just keeps getting worse lol. I wonder how staffing is today 🤔 Also when does the park close for capacity? The wait times look like when the park is at capacity around Christmas

Update, just checked again:
105 for toy story midway mania
160 for Incredicoaster
110 for space mountain
120 for Matterhorn
90 for Indiana Jones
75 for big thunder
105 for haunted mansion
Are these accurate?? my gosh 😳I don’t think I’ve ever been to the park in crowds like this.
I would say they are accurate.

We went in late today after getting in after midnight. We grabbed an Indy fast pass, ate lunch, rode Autotopia, then grabbed a space mountain FP and left the park. That is all we got done from 11-3:30pm Luckily, we have 5 day passes, but the park is not enjoyable from 11:00am until late with wait times like this and fastpasses gone.

We are currently at our dinner reservation and will hit our space mountain FASTPASS afterwards and not sure how the wait times will be after 8pm.

Today was a recuperate day and tomorrow we will hit it hard early am and then sleep to go back and close it down :)

After seeing this, you know what sounds great? A summer visit to DL. Preferably when So Cal APs are blocked out. This week is perhaps a perfect storm because you have:
  • power outages in Northern CA driving some people to head south for a few days to see Mickey
Never before have I ever seen a queue just to get back from Tom Sawyer's Island. That is NUTS!
You are missing what I suspect is another major factor... all of the people who didn’t come this summer due to “Star Wars crowds” and delayed their trips “until things died down.” A lot of people here on the boards and in other places talked about that, often citing October trips... so I think that’s playing in, too.

You are missing what I suspect is another major factor... all of the people who didn’t come this summer due to “Star Wars crowds” and delayed their trips “until things died down.” A lot of people here on the boards and in other places talked about that, often citing October trips... so I think that’s playing in, too.
That's a very good point!!

Lots of things are contributing to the week in general, but I think today's crowds are mostly due to the entire Los Angeles school district having the day off. That's 10% of the kids in California, more than 600,000.

I think it will stay turnt, in the days ahead, but not like today.

Great points!! One clarification: Flex AP are not blocked this weekend, it is just “reservations required” this weekend. Looking at the app right now, Saturday 10/12 is available to reserve for both parks, and Sunday 10/13 is available to reserve for DL but not DCA.

Lots of things are contributing to the week in general, but I think today's crowds are mostly due to the entire Los Angeles school district having the day off. That's 10% of the kids in California, more than 600,000.

I think it will stay turnt, in the days ahead, but not like today.
Was today the only day they have off this week? If so, maybe there’s hope for everyone the rest of the week! I will say that my very unscientific observation today was I saw a ton of out-of-towers and people who were visiting the parks for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!