Can another person use my ADR and another question about tickets

julesann

DIS Veteran
I made a couple of ADRs for an upcoming trip for my family. If I am not present (I am thinking to not go on this trip), can another family member use my name for the ADR?

Also, I have a 3 day ph I got through Disney; can I use it in November if I cancel my park reservations.

I know at Disney World as long as someone checks in with the name reserved you're fine. Does DL do on-app check-in (I can't remember)? That could be the only glitch if so - they would need your log-in info. But otherwise I don't think it would be a problem unless it's very different from WDW. They never asked for ID when I was at ADRs in Feb 2022 (except for checking it when I ordered a drink).

No clue about the tickets.

Assuming it is a standard dated ticket, the ticket itself will "expire" if not used on it's date window, however you can apply the cost of the unused ticket toward a new one for the new dates. There may be a small difference in pricing and you would have to cover that (if the new dates are more expensive).

I know at Disney World as long as someone checks in with the name reserved you're fine. Does DL do on-app check-in (I can't remember)? That could be the only glitch if so - they would need your log-in info. But otherwise I don't think it would be a problem unless it's very different from WDW. They never asked for ID when I was at ADRs in Feb 2022 (except for checking it when I ordered a drink).

No clue about the tickets.
Thank you for this. Any DLR folks have direct experience with this? I am hoping to make my decision about going today and this answer will be a deciding factor as ADRs would be difficult to get as the trip is next week.

Thank you for this. Any DLR folks have direct experience with this? I am hoping to make my decision about going today and this answer will be a deciding factor as ADRs would be difficult to get as the trip is next week.

I doubt the ADRs will be an issue. It's been a while since I did one at DL, but they don't check at WDW as long as you have the name. You might make sure that whoever is going has a little documentation, like the confirmation number handy. I seriously don't think it will be an issue, but I am not 100% sure.

Assuming it is a standard dated ticket, the ticket itself will "expire" if not used on it's date window, however you can apply the cost of the unused ticket toward a new one for the new dates. There may be a small difference in pricing and you would have to cover that (if the new dates are more expensive).

For DLR multi-day tix, it has been our experience that they are good for the year, up until sometime in mid-January. After that, they are good for a credit toward a valid ticket. We had 3-day tix that expired in January 2023 that we didn’t use and we were able to pay the difference-they are now good until January something, 2025. (I was surprised but happy that it was 2025 rather than 2024.)

For DLR multi-day tix, it has been our experience that they are good for the year, up until sometime in mid-January. After that, they are good for a credit toward a valid ticket. We had 3-day tix that expired in January 2023 that we didn’t use and we were able to pay the difference-they are now good until January something, 2025. (I was surprised but happy that it was 2025 rather than 2024.)

It appears you are right. The DL tickets are good for much longer than the WDW tickets and the price isn't based on specific dates chosen. That's good to know as I am likely buying some DL tickets soon.

Last edited:

I made a couple of ADRs for an upcoming trip for my family. If I am not present (I am thinking to not go on this trip), can another family member use my name for the ADR?

Yes, they can use your ADRs. They can check in at the restaurant with your name or they can use your app login to do mobile check in. They don't check IDs or anything. They just care someone checks in.

Also, I have a 3 day ph I got through Disney; can I use it in November if I cancel my park reservations.

As already corrected above, you're fine to just use them later this year. Multi day DLR tickets do not work like WDW tickets where they are tied to dates for price. Only single day tickets have different tiers at DLR. DLR tickets usually have at least a year to be used (multi and single day). And if they do expire you can use the value of them towards another ticket.

Exceptions are special event tickets can have different expirations. This is not just the after hours parties, but also specially priced tickets. So like the Cali resident deal currently happening for the summer will have a different expiration than a standard ticket. Or a conference that offers specially priced tickets might only be good for the few days before, during, and after a conference. Just adding as a disclaimer for the future if anyone searches this later. Does not apply in your case since sounds like you just have standard tickets.

I just love Disboards...thank you all for the helpful information. One more question, I have a 3 day PH; I will be going in November for 5 days. Can I upgrade my ph to a 5 day so I can make park reservations ? And, if so, can I do this in the Ap or with a call or....?

Yeah...for ADRs as long as someone in party has the reservation time and name the reservation is under anyone can check in...they don't check ID as mentioned.

Yes on the ADRs! We gifted someone in the waitlist line at BB our reservation because I had accidently made two and forgot to cancel. I gave them my name, party size and they were able to check in. Worked out great!

I just love Disboards...thank you all for the helpful information. One more question, I have a 3 day PH; I will be going in November for 5 days. Can I upgrade my ph to a 5 day so I can make park reservations ? And, if so, can I do this in the Ap or with a call or....?
It can be done but not easily unfortunately. I have found it helpful to start with a chat through the app … they will let you know what you need to do to make this happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter