• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can a DVC Guide Get Membership # Faster?

Whositsgalore

Nap Aficionado
We purchased resale and we are awaiting our membership number so that we can purchase a 80 point direct contract. Can our guide get a membership number for us faster?

I doubt it. It has to work it's way through member admin, a different divison. You can try calli then starting about 7 days after closing to see if they can give it to you over the phone. That worked for me.

We purchased resale and we are awaiting our membership number so that we can purchase a 80 point direct contract. Can our guide get a membership number for us faster?

I would give it a shot especially since you are waiting to buy an 80 point direct contract. Money can motivate and all of a sudden your membership # will show up.

I would give it a shot especially since you are waiting to buy an 80 point direct contract. Money can motivate and all of a sudden your membership # will show up.

That's what I was thinking also. I read a while back someone was buying a direct contract but couldn't until the membership number was available. After a few calls it was "magically" available. I will ask my guide tomorrow when he gets back to the office.

stupid question -- but if you bought resale -- why not just buy 80 direct now and use that direct purchase as the primary contract in order to get your member number -- and then when the resale contract completes its process, they can match it to the direct?

*ETA -- I guess I'm wondering where you are in the resale process.

To be clear...... you bought resale but are working with a guide to buy direct afterward??

stupid question -- but if you bought resale -- why not just buy 80 direct now and use that direct purchase as the primary contract in order to get your member number -- and then when the resale contract completes its process, they can match it to the direct?

*ETA -- I guess I'm wondering where you are in the resale process.

We are closed on the resale but don’t have the membership number yet. We need the membership number to purchase direct at the member price.

Okay. So it sounds as though you are wanting to do a direct add-on to your resale master contract? I know of no way the guide in this scenario could get access to your member# before you. Pretty sure resale contracts have to be closed before you can get your member #. Good luck with everything! And welcome home!

Okay. So it sounds as though you are wanting to do a direct add-on to your resale master contract? I know of no way the guide in this scenario could get access to your member# before you. Pretty sure resale contracts have to be closed before you can get your member #. Good luck with everything! And welcome home!

Thank you. We have closed on the resale contract. Just awaiting the number now.

Any luck with contacting your guide?

When we spoke Tuesday he initially told me no he couldn’t but I’m assuming he could and didn’t want to get my hopes because yesterday I got a call from him. It wasn’t what I was expecting....

He spoke to MS Admin (I’m assuming to push through a number for me so he could make a sale) what came next was less than pleasant. He was told they do have our contract and information but no number would be given on our contract until the sellers completed their reservation for next week!!!!!!!! Needless to say I was SHOCKED! What? How is the previous owners using our contract for a stay? Well my broker made a mistake and didn’t “check a box” which tells Disney I’m aware of the reservation (even though I’m not) and we won’t close until after the reservation is fulfilled. Obviously we closed and deed recorded etc but I have to wait until they check out (of MY contract) before DVC will transfer the contract and points into my name thereby issuing me a membership number. Insane!

He spoke to MS Admin (I’m assuming to push through a number for me so he could make a sale) what came next was less than pleasant. He was told they do have our contract and information but no number would be given on our contract until the sellers completed their reservation for next week!!!!!!!! Needless to say I was SHOCKED! What? How is the previous owners using our contract for a stay? Well my broker made a mistake and didn’t “check a box” which tells Disney I’m aware of the reservation (even though I’m not) and we won’t close until after the reservation is fulfilled. Obviously we closed and deed recorded etc but I have to wait until they check out (of MY contract) before DVC will transfer the contract and points into my name thereby issuing me a membership number. Insane!

Yours is an unusual scenario to be sure. The good news is you only have 1 more week to wait. Sometimes closings on resales are AWFULLY slow. Sorry this happened, but hey! Ya'll are DVC Members! And you can happily start planning what you will be booking the next few years. :cutie: :cutie: :cutie:

There’s a member price for direct? What’s the difference?

Same price, but slightly higher purchase credit (and you get credit starting at 125 pts rather than 150 pts).

Add-On

When You Purchase... You'll Receive a Purchase Credit of...
125 to 149 Vacation Points $3,000
150 to 174 Vacation Points $4,250
175 to 199 Vacation Points $5,250
200 to 249 Vacation Points $6,250

New purchase

150 to 174 Vacation Points $3,500
175 to 199 Vacation Points $5,000
200 to 249 Vacation Points $5,750
250 to 299 Vacation Points $7,750

Interestingly, if you buy 250 points it's actually better to have a new purchase, though I'm guessing you might still be able to get that deal even if you are adding on, doesn't really make sense otherwise.

Same price, but slightly higher purchase credit (and you get credit starting at 125 pts rather than 150 pts).

Add-On

125 to 149 Vacation Points $3,000
150 to 174 Vacation Points $4,250
175 to 199 Vacation Points $5,250
200 to 249 Vacation Points $6,250

New purchase

150 to 174 Vacation Points $3,500
175 to 199 Vacation Points $5,000
200 to 249 Vacation Points $5,750
250 to 299 Vacation Points $7,750

Interestingly, if you buy 250 points it's actually better to have a new purchase, though I'm guessing you might still be able to get that deal even if you are adding on, doesn't really make sense otherwise.
But they’re buying 80 points.

When we spoke Tuesday he initially told me no he couldn’t but I’m assuming he could and didn’t want to get my hopes because yesterday I got a call from him. It wasn’t what I was expecting....

Wait, were the points used for that contract part of your deal? If so, you need to contact your broker ASAP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter