Can 2 rooms be booked under different discounts?

Karebear

DIS Veteran
Hi

I was wondering if this can be done. I would like to book a room under S/P/D for our family of 4--mom, dad and 2 kids. My husband is a horrible sleeper and often gets up in the middle of the night to watch tv or work--he brings his laptop even on vacation :rolleyes2

My question is that I would like for him to have some place to go in the middle of the night when he can't sleep. Is there any way to book an extra room with a room only discout so that we would have some "extra space"? I was pricing it out and it was a lot more expensive to get 2 rooms under S/P/D than to book one package room and one extra room under the room only discount. Not sure how to do this or if this is allowed? Any input would be great! Thanks!

You can book rooms under one discount or another. A different lead person must be on each ressie.

You must also use the room. If the room goes unused, Disney will cancel your ressie and there will be no refund.

You can book rooms under one discount or another. A different lead person must be on each ressie.

You must also use the room. If the room goes unused, Disney will cancel your ressie and there will be no refund.

I was sort of hoping to get connecting rooms--and we would have the 2 rooms to "spread out" in. So, what you are saying is if I put myself as the lead on one room and my husband is the lead on the other room, that this would work? Thanks!

I was sort of hoping to get connecting rooms--and we would have the 2 rooms to "spread out" in. So, what you are saying is if I put myself as the lead on one room and my husband is the lead on the other room, that this would work? Thanks!

Where are you staying? Have you looked into a Deluxe room at WL or BWI or a Junior Suite at CSR? Any of those would give you the space you are looking for without having to book two rooms that may not be connecting.

Yes, you could be the lead guest on one room and your husband on the other - only concern is they may not allow your husband on both reservations. If that is the case, one of you won't be on the S/P/D package. Hopefully someone can chime in on this scenario!

Keep in mind that connecting rooms are not guaranteed. If you book another room on hopes that they will be connecting and connecting rooms aren't available during your stay, that second room could be down the hall, on another floor, etc. Good luck.

What about just staying at a deluxe resort and having your DH go down to the lobby? I room at WL or AKL is probably cheaper than two rooms at a mod, and he could just go down to the lobby and relax in the middle of the night.

I've taken trip with DS when he was teething, and we were familiar guests in the SSR lobby in the middle of the night. DS was able to play around without disturbing guests in the other rooms, and we made friends with the night staff. No one had any problem with us being there. I can imagine it would be even more convenient if you stayed at a deluxe where you didn't have to leave the building to get to the lobby.

Thanks everyone--you bring up some good points. Maybe I will look into a deluxe--that might just work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter