campground reservations modifications changes in the works starting Oct 2022 to ???

So just an update- I was able to call a CM a couple weeks ago and extend a reservation that started in early January. Basically I saw the days I wanted to add were available online, tried unsuccessfully to 'modify reservation' online, but calling did the trick.

Then, strangely, a couple days ago, tried to do the exact same procedure for a reservation I held late December, (saw availability online, called CM) but the CM said they were unable to extend reservations around the busy time of Christmas/New Year's. They could book the available nights I found, but I'd have to possibly move to a different campsite. I thought ok, guess that makes sense, but out of curiosity tried to extend the reservation myself online- and it worked!

So my conclusion now is that sometime in the last two weeks, the website booking system has been fixed, and reservations can now be modified online. CM's are limited in what they can do around Christmas/Halloween, but you are not limited through the online system. In both cases, online and through calling, modification have only worked for extending dates, not changing the start date, which I haven't tried lately. I hope this helps someone.

I also found out that booking campgrounds and tickets separately does not qualify you for magical extras. It may however be possible to rebook through a castmember to make it a qualifying package, but I have not tried this yet.

I am down to only possibly having to move my camper twice (instead of 5 times) during a 14-night stay/10-day pass, which is such a relief with four kids and early hours to navigate. Hope I can get it down further- it really affects everything from park reservations to dining to how early we have to wake up and trying to find relaxing afternoons for everyone to rest.

Edited to add- Yes, it is possible on the website to add days at the beginning of a reservation, not just at the end.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter