• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Campground Off I - 95?

Andrew_Lubow

DIS Veteran
I may be driving down to WDW on I -95 from central New Jersey this December. I expect to only do an overnight on the way down before driving to Disney. Are there any campgrounds you'd recommend off the highway?

Andrew Lubow
Email A_AndyL@hotmail.com
http://communities.msn.com/MyWaltDisneyWorldTrip My Adventures at Fort Wilderness
"Live every day as if it were your last. Some day you'll be right!" Benny Hill

We drove down 95 from PA last year and I wondered about the same thing!! We stayed at the Florence SC KOA, which is billed as "the half way point to Disney".
It was really nice, not too expensive and the sites were drive through, so there was no need to back into a space. It was a full hook up, so it was real easy to get back onto the road the next morning.
There are alot of KOA's along 95.
Hope this helps! If you have any other questions about this or the drive down 95 with the camper, feel free to ask!
Colleen

Sending a little pixie dust your way to brighten up your day!

South of the Border has an ok camp ground too, with lots to do (shopping, food,indoor pool and hot tub).

Off site 86, FW 86, FW 88,FW 90,ASMu 98, ASMu 98, ASMu& ASSp 01

I know this seems crazy, but stay at a Walmart!! I had read somewhere about this, and once we started talking to some full time RVers, they all stay at walmart. The stores have a policy that it is okay to just park into their parking lots. We felt really funny about this until we pulled into Savannah (I think exit 104???) and there were already 10 other campers there in a circle. If you just want what we did which was a nights rest, this idea is great. You pull into the parking lot, hop into your camper and sleep. Then you wake up, go into the Walmart for hot coffee and donuts and you're on your way!! Of course if what you want is a nice campground, this won't suit you, but maybe think of it for some future use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter