Cambodia, Vietnam & Laos: Jewels of Southeast Asia Meets Thread

deckes, ABD Whovians & abbyjt - you guys all have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Sayhello

ABD Whovians - we are on the same flight. Will have our old green ABD backpacks with us. Hopefully we meet at the airport!!

FWI, in Hoi An there's an option to send out laundry. I think it was $2 per kg. Whatever it was it was a welcome bargain. The Sofitel in Siem Reap is another good place to do laundry if you want to get things clean before heading home or continuing on your own. I want to say $33 for a bag stuffed as full as you can. They come back folded and wrapped up in tissue paper in this nice box. They even wrapped my DS and my clothes separately. It was so cool.

9165997865_dcd024fd98.jpg

I did this trip in May and it was great! Just be prepared for VERY HOT weather :crazy2: and you will be drinking LOTS of water!

I loved Hoi An a lot and the Sunrise Hotel. There are so many amazing things to see and experience on this trip.

Those of you doing an upcoming trip, say hi to Jennae for me!

Sue Ellen

So we just got back from Viva Italia and have taken advantage of the 5% discount and have booked the SEA trip Dec 22 2014 - Jan 2 2015

There will be me, DH, DS13 at trip time and DD11 also at trip time

K.

Our adventure starts (2 days pre and 2 days post) in 14 hours. Last minute packing and boarding the furry little beasts... and we are off!

:moped::moped::moped::moped::moped:

Hi all! Did everyone just go through the link on the ABD website to get their Visa's? I would prefer to not have a lose leaf one, but I travel extensively for a living and can't be without my passport.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi all! Did everyone just go through the link on the ABD website to get their Visa's? I would prefer to not have a lose leaf one, but I travel extensively for a living and can't be without my passport.

Thanks!

We used CIBT for our China Visa's when we went and will probably use them again for our Vietnamese one - we found them to be very efficient and they kept in touch with us about the progress of the visa and the shipping information was sent in a timely manner as well

WDWMaggie said:

Thanks!

We just got back today from the trip and did visa on arrival for the same reason. You have to apply and be approved ahead of time but you don't need to send in your passport. Let me know if you want more info.

We got ours at the consulate in New York. If you bring a Fed Ex envelope prepaid they will send it right back. We went on a Friday & I think we had Wednesday.

We did not use CBIT - just sent our passports and photos with a Fed Ex return postage page envelope to the Embassy (I think we used the link Disney provided) and had them back literally in no time.

The trip is amazing. Our best trip ever.

Thanks!

We used the Visa-on-Arrival option when we went to Vietnam last year and it was very convenient. Everything can be done online without having to mail your passport anywhere.

http://www.hotels-in-vietnam.com/vietnam/vietnam-visa.html

Upon arrival at the airport (either Hanoi or Saigon), just go to the Visa-on-Arrival counter with your letter (printed at home beforehand) and your passport and pay the Stamping Fee. They will issue the visa there and you're on your way.

We just booked this morning for the 12/23/15 trip. It's me, DH, DS (8), and my dad. We can't wait!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter