"Call the Midwife" Show

I couldn't find it last night. I'm in Canada but we get pbs out of buffalo New York. When was it in? What channel?

I'm near Boston, and our PBS station does it Sunday nights at 8:00. But it looks like WCNY has something else then.

Yes, the South Africa episode was the most recent Christmas special. It was wonderful. I feel like I have a new appreciation for what the people of South Africa have faced. You must see it!

Unfortunately, the last episode in the extras section is the 2015 Christmas one. I can't find the 2016 one on Netflix either. But I'll keep trying!

I can also vouch for the most recent Christmas episode which was fantastic. It's well worth a watch if you can get hold of it.

Thanks to all who recommended the Christmas Special! I was able to see it this morning, and I agree it was fabulous!!

:jumping1: SO EXCITED!! Call the Midwife Season 4 just dropped onto Canadian Netflix and it couldn't have come at a better time. I just finished 13 Reasons Why and it has left me deeply disturbed :sad1: . Hopefully the nurses and the nuns will be soul-restoring. I'm about to start binging it in 3-2-1!

Last edited:
The first two episodes of season 7 appeared in my DVR this morning! :) :)

I love the newest nurse!

The first two episodes of season 7 appeared in my DVR this morning! :) :)

I love the newest nurse!

The same thing happened to me! I had no idea the show was back, but I was looking for something to watch today while dealing with our AC installers and there were two episodes waiting for me!!! I really like the new nurse, I also love how Trixie has grown over the seasons. Shelagh's facial expressions were hilarious in the scenes with the new Au Pair. I used to really love Sister Julienne, but I feel like the writing for her has gone downhill, or maybe she just isn't getting as much screen time? This is one of my favorite shows.

ETA: TV shows and movies don't usually get to me, but I ugly cried during the speech that the Jewish baker husband gave his wife in the first episode, thank goodness I watched it while it was just me and the dog.

Last edited:
We were excited to see the new season 7 start. But I guess I need to purchase season 6. I like the new nurse. I really like sister monica joan she cracks me up.

The same thing happened to me! I had no idea the show was back, but I was looking for something to watch today while dealing with our AC installers and there were two episodes waiting for me!!! I really like the new nurse, I also love how Trixie has grown over the seasons. Shelagh's facial expressions were hilarious in the scenes with the new Au Pair. I used to really love Sister Julienne, but I feel like the writing for her has gone downhill, or maybe she just isn't getting as much screen time? This is one of my favorite shows.

ETA: TV shows and movies don't usually get to me, but I ugly cried during the speech that the Jewish baker husband gave his wife in the first episode, thank goodness I watched it while it was just me and the dog.
Boy, you and me both. I cried, it touched me to core of my heart.....

Boy, you and me both. I cried, it touched me to core of my heart.....

What the husband said was so incredibly profound.

I’ve caught an episode of this show here and there but I am completely out of the loop and need to start it from the beginning. It looks great though and I think I will start it when I finish Downton Abbey (which I LOVE).

DW and I love this show, but it can get pretty intense. For example, this season's 1st episode--we lost my mother to metastatic lung cancer last fall and it hit a little too close to home seeing the baker's wife go through it.

Last edited:
I’ve caught an episode of this show here and there but I am completely out of the loop and need to start it from the beginning. It looks great though and I think I will start it when I finish Downton Abbey (which I LOVE).
I was shocked that my husband fell in love with this show. Not much he likes to watch. But he will watch the reruns witch it is unusual for him to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter