call me the bionic woman - i have a new elbow

Oh my. As stated, even through the internet, that HURTS!
Best wishes for a very speedy and great recovery! :goodvibes

My DS broke his elbow in March. He tried to do a one arm handstand in our living room and just didn't make it. He got very lucky it broke in the only direction it could for him to not need pins put in. Still - that was on carpet!

And I hear you on the needing help with things - I had surgery on my shoulder at the end of Feb. I had to have DH do pretty much everything for 2 weeks - very frustrating. We figured out a way for me to wash my hair, leaning over the tub edge with a rain poncho on as he scrubbed and rinsed. He still has to do most things around the house - I am still in physical therapy for it. But it is getting better! :) Slow and steady, take it as easy as you can and it will get there! pixiedust:

Oh my. As stated, even through the internet, that HURTS!
Best wishes for a very speedy and great recovery! :goodvibes

My DS broke his elbow in March. He tried to do a one arm handstand in our living room and just didn't make it. He got very lucky it broke in the only direction it could for him to not need pins put in. Still - that was on carpet!

And I hear you on the needing help with things - I had surgery on my shoulder at the end of Feb. I had to have DH do pretty much everything for 2 weeks - very frustrating. We figured out a way for me to wash my hair, leaning over the tub edge with a rain poncho on as he scrubbed and rinsed. He still has to do most things around the house - I am still in physical therapy for it. But it is getting better! :) Slow and steady, take it as easy as you can and it will get there! pixiedust:

ouch!! a one arm handstand!!
almost as silly as what i did!!

sorry to hear about your shoulder - i think only when these things happen do we realize how much we depend on our body.
it should be obvious of course but only when something goes wrong does it sink in!

i've been lucky so far with my hair.
i had the surgery 5 days after the mishap - so by then my hair was way beyond bad hair day.
on the day of my surgery (which was in the afternoon) i walked with DD to the salon we go to -only one block from my house.

they washed my hair for free and pulled it back so that it would be out of the way in the hospital.
a week after the surgery they washed it for free again (despite my protests)
They're very sweet.
it's been over a week now, but i'm embarrassed to go back. maybe next sunday , but this time i will absolutely insist on paying so that i can keep coming each week.

i'm writing this here, because i can't post it on my facebook...

very few people actually 'know' me here, so i can afford myself the luxury of feeling sorry for myself in public..

i'm really feeling low.....
the pain is nearly constant and the inability to do anything is beyond frustrating....i can't even reach my face with my fingertips...i can't do anything....
and not being able to drive means not only can i not help anyone else, i'm a burden to everyone else....

and it's so upsetting why it happened....last night i spoke with the woman who came to my aid.....she said i tripped over a crate that was sticking way out into the aisle leading out of the store....i knew i had tripped over something, but i didn't know what it was...in the blink of an eye....

complain, complain, complain....so many people with so much worse problems than me..

Beth, please continue to keep us informed with your progress. I am always here to listen if you want to vent about your elbow. I hope you start to see improvement soon.

But you can't keep a good lady down and you are going through a lot but know that there are lots of us who care about you.

Beth, please continue to keep us informed with your progress. I am always here to listen if you want to vent about your elbow. I hope you start to see improvement soon.

But you can't keep a good lady down and you are going through a lot but know that there are lots of us who care about you.

thanks Kathy!! i really appreciate the shoulder - it means more than i can put into words..

I truly feel your pain! I had an injury and had to have both of my knees replaced at the same time.
Now as I look back on it, my knees always were kind of stiff and achy.
They do wonderful things now!
And my new knees are GREAT!!!!!
I can do EVERYTHING I did before (OK, maybe not kneel in church for more than a couple of minutes)
It does get better...to the therapy......put yourself first for a while!

I truly feel your pain! I had an injury and had to have both of my knees replaced at the same time.
Now as I look back on it, my knees always were kind of stiff and achy.
They do wonderful things now!
And my new knees are GREAT!!!!!
I can do EVERYTHING I did before (OK, maybe not kneel in church for more than a couple of minutes)
It does get better...to the therapy......put yourself first for a while!

wow! both knees at once must have been so very difficult and painful!!!!!
i'm hoping it gets better...being able to take a shower was a big improvement!!
still can't do anything with my right hand but being in the shower was heavenly :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter