• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Grill

Is California Grill switching to buffet style? There menu seems to have all stations??

I think that's just brunch (which I think is only served on Sunday). Make sure you select dinner from the drop down menu on the WDW site.

ETA: oops. Just looked and it does appear to be in stations. Interesting...

That's very interesting...wonder how much it would cost for something like this if the Brunch was pushing $80 per person.

I wonder if it's some kind of error. There are only two prices listed: $14 for strawberry salad and filet mignon at $28.99. How can that be right?

Something is off. The menu is completely revamped from what wdwinfo is carrying. Either the chef decided to redo the entire menu, or Disney did something wrong with the database.

Edit: I looked at the menus from allears, touringplans, and Disney official, as well. The three "unofficial" ones were all posted at different times, and the menus are all rather different. I'm thinking it's another revamp, and a reorganization.

I hope they don't go buffet-style.

Last edited:

Several of us have already called and were told that the menu is a glitch and that California Grill hasnt/isn’t changing to a buffet style. Like already stated, this is likely the preliminary menu for the NYE party - several of the items are winter flavors (peppermint, winter truffle, etc).

Now, why Disney hasn’t quickly changed the menu is another issue

This is really irresponsible reporting (what a surprise coming from this site). Until this is confirmed or announced by Disney, this is not a fact and, very likely, a glitch. The headline should really say, "website indicates California Grill menu has changed to buffet-style".
And it's not the first time it happened. I can't recall now what it was but they did the same thing, reported something as a fact when it was in the end, just a glitch or misunderstanding. Had they stopped long enough to verify the info before writing the article it would have never happened. I don't understand why they don't do that before publishing their articles.

People are thinking they accidentally put up the menu they do for their New Years Eve Party under the regular menu for California Grill.
This happens too often on their site too. They forgot to tag something correctly when listing a new menu and it goes up wrong. Takes them too long to catch it.

And it's not the first time it happened. I can't recall now what it was but they did the same thing, reported something as a fact when it was in the end, just a glitch or misunderstanding. Had they stopped long enough to verify the info before writing the article it would have never happened. I don't understand why they don't do that before publishing their articles.

I totally agree!

Here's my theory, from working with content management systems in other capacities. They're working on a draft of a special event menu that will eventually be published under a "holiday" choice on the drop-down. Someone forgot to check which menu choice was active when they were editing, and accidentally saved their work under "dinner" instead. But because they were copying and pasting the new content into the template, they over-wrote the proper content and now have to go back to put it all back together.

Here's my theory, from working with content management systems in other capacities. They're working on a draft of a special event menu that will eventually be published under a "holiday" choice on the drop-down. Someone forgot to check which menu choice was active when they were editing, and accidentally saved their work under "dinner" instead. But because they were copying and pasting the new content into the template, they over-wrote the proper content and now have to go back to put it all back together.
Shouldn't you do that on the non-live version of the website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter