California Grill vs Grand Floridian Ballroom

Pandora.becca

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any advice on which to choose?

One of my big things is watching the fireworks during the reception.

Love the California grill views and fireworks deck but not so sure about the dinner menu (prefer the California grill lunch menu better) and inability to customize.
Like the Whitehall patio for dancing (would love to put some marketplace lighting out there!) and you can also see the castle from there. Plus, customizable menu.

Anyone have any suggestions?!

Thanks lurkyloo!

Do you think 40 people would be too crowded in the Napa room?? Wondering if you could have dinner in the Napa and dancing in the Sonoma due to space constraints.

With the obstructed fireworks view, we'd have to walk to the marina-and if it's pouring out (typical Florida weather) I'd be disappointed to miss them.

I think you'd be fine with 40 in the Napa room even with dancing. You can book Sonoma, but then you have to meet a food and beverage minimum for that room too. And some people don't like the idea of the party being split up like that, though the rooms are right next to each other.

If you're going to move your party from Whitehall to the Marina, why not do a dessert party there so you have reserved viewing? Some people do this with the DP being the last part of the reception, but others take a break for the DP and then go back to the GF convention center for more dancing. I wouldn't worry about rain at night. During hurricane season it usually only rains in the afternoon.

We had the exact same debate and our priority was fireworks too! We decided on Napa Room because it was a rain-safe plan, better viewing of fireworks, less money for decor needed, and I love the dinner menu we have (ravioli, salad, sorbet, filet) :) it was honestly overwhelming to have too many dinner choices so I liked that California grill only had a few and they are going to replicate the entree we tried in the restaurant during our planning session

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter