California Grill parking and atmosphere for kids

blanders76

Earning My Ears
I just snagged a 7:10 pm reservation for California Grill for the night before Presidents' Day. I can't believe it was available! This is the night before we fly back home, so I thought it would be a magical way to end our trip with a nice dinner and watching the fireworks from California Grill.

We've never been to California Grill before, so I don't know what to expect. My two sons (ages 8 and 10) eat everything, so no worries about the food options, but will the atmosphere be ok for them? They're pretty well-behaved in restaurants, but they are kids, after all. Is there a dress code there?

Also, we will be staying off site for this portion of the trip with a rental car, so we'll have to drive and park at the Contemporary. Will they let us park there at the Contemporary since we have a reservation at 7:10? We're hoping to stay and watch the fireworks from California Grill too. I'm not sure if the fireworks will be at 8 or 9 pm (does anyone know the schedule for February 19?), but I think either time should work with a 7:10 dinner. Will they let us park the car there for more than two hours if the fireworks aren't until 9?

The atmosphere will be fine for them, especially if they're well-behaved. A lot of parents let their kids run wild there, to be honest. Crying kids, kids up too late and kids running around are not uncommon.

There is a dress code, as it is a signature. It's mostly "clean, upright, don't look like you just came off Splash Mountain or wear swimwear."

They'll let you park there, generally; if space is at a premium they may send you to the TTC lot or require you to pay valet, however.

We used to end our trip at CG timed for WIshes. It was a lovely last night. Children are fine in CG. The dress code is basic resort casual. Clean and as @_auroraborealis_ suggested, don't look like you just hooped out of the pool, you will be fine.

we found CG to be VERY noisy with lots of noisy kids (and adults)....so i doubt well behaved 8 and 10 year olds will have any issues at all..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter