California Grill or Flying Fish?

bpcbutterfly

Earning My Ears
Hi! Havent been to WDW in ages so looking for advice. Our day of arrival will not be a park day. We will be dining in parks for the rest of our trip. Holding reservations at California Grill and Flying Fish. Which should we keep?

Where are you staying, what kind of transportation will you have, and what ages are your travel party?

I agree with the posters above and would recommend Flying Fish. It's walkable from your resort and has an a la carte menu (vs. the prix fixe at CG) and is delicious. Just dined there a few weeks back and loved every bite. A walk around Crescent Lake after (or before) dinner is always fun as well.

Flying FIsh is excellent - a short walk from the Swan. After dinner, walk over to the Skyliner station at EPCOT, and ride the loop. It's a great way to start your stay without going to a park, and the Skyliner at night is pretty cool.

Another vote for Flying Fish especially on arrival day and enjoy a relaxing evening on the Boardwalk. Save California Grill for a later evening to combine dinner and Magic Kingdom Fireworks viewing from the terrace, but reservation timing is important. To be honest both are great choices and you’re not making a mistake choosing either.

I’ve never eaten at Flying Fish, but I just ate California Grill Friday night. Unimpressive, in my opinion. I picked the sushi appetizer. I’ve had better sushi from my local grocery store. View and service was very good, but food quality was lacking. For the price they charge- it should be a wonderful meal, not just meh- which is exactly how I feel about it. I will not return while they continue the prix fixe menu.

We ate at the Flying Fish on Friday and I thought it was my best meal on our whole trip! I had the Seafood Pearl Pasta!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter