California Grill First Timers

The last time we were there I had a Gnocchi Appetizer that was one of the best things I have ever eaten. It was lick the plate clean good.

I ordered the exact same thing at Cali Grill and loved it!!! My DS also had the steak and said it was the best he's ever had. Its truly delish. The flat bread was amazing too. For dessert instead of the banana caramel, i ordered the seasonal berry cobbler with vanilla bean icecream. OMG heaven! I highly recommend it. Cafeen, I have to ask, what camera do you use? your pics are incredible!!!!
Thanks :). They were taken with my Canon T1i dSLR. I'm not 100% sure which lens for the window and food shots, but pretty sure it was the 18-55mm kit lens. The observation deck shots were with my Sigma 8-16mm ultra wide angle.

I've been trying to get back up to CG this year, but sadly, I can't find a time that will work :(. I'm planning to keep trying, so we'll have to see.

Thanks :). They were taken with my Canon T1i dSLR. I'm not 100% sure which lens for the window and food shots, but pretty sure it was the 18-55mm kit lens. The observation deck shots were with my Sigma 8-16mm ultra wide angle.

I've been trying to get back up to CG this year, but sadly, I can't find a time that will work :(. I'm planning to keep trying, so we'll have to see.

Very nice. I figured it was SLR camera. I dont have one of those fancy gadgets unfortunately. Maybe one day thou.

Keep trying for that CG ADR!! If you check multiple times each day, im sure you will be lucky enough to snag one eventually. Always works for me! :thumbsup2

It is all delicious. Don't be cheap! It's a vacation: splurge a little (or a lot) ;)

I have had meals at Disney that have ranked up there as some of the best meals I have ever had. That includes some amazing meals in New York, Chicago, and Paris.

So yes, you can go to Disney to enjoy great meals.

Well... this is a wee bit of an exaggeration...

Sure, there are loads of restaurants at WDW that are fantastic. But compared to the best restaurants in New York, Chicago, or Paris? Paris???

;)

Well... this is a wee bit of an exaggeration...

Sure, there are loads of restaurants at WDW that are fantastic. But compared to the best restaurants in New York, Chicago, or Paris? Paris???

;)

Why is that hard to believe? If LilyWDW has been to each of those places and can make that claim, I believe her.

I guess youre not very fond of Disney restaurants? Lol.

No, I am very fond of WDW restaurants, but I am very very fond of dining in Paris. :love:

Isn't everything better in Paris?

Well, Disneyland Paris isn't better than Disney World, but just about everything else is better in Paris. J'adore Paris!

Look at my avatar for pete's sake ;)

No, I wasn't talking about DL Paris... never been there.

I've only been to Paris once, and only for 2 days. Spent 1 day at Disneyland (it was ok, but so small and I didn't feel the magic) and 1 day touring the city. I loved the city and really hope we can get back there someday...for more than just 1 day.

No, I am very fond of WDW restaurants, but I am very very fond of dining in Paris. :love:

I will admit that THE best meal I had in Paris. It was a little hole in the wall place that would be so easy to just walk by. Had maybe 8 tables. The duck dish I had was simply amazing and I have yet to find anything that could beat it. Maybe at V&A's next year!

The best sushi I ever had was in London. At Harrods is a small sushi counter. The fish was melt in your mouth fresh and so delicious. Very very very fresh.

But yes, I have had meals at Disney that have ranked right up there with some of the best I have had in major cities in the US and Europe. The lamb at HBD was simply perfectly cooked and wonderful for example. The steak at HBD was also one of the best cuts I have ever had... and I am a Chicago girl born and raised!

I think one of the downfalls of Disney dining is consistency. That is where I see the biggest issues (from these boards) and where I think Disney can do better. When their chefs are on target though... amazing things can happen.

We always get the flatbreat with pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and cheese, and oak-fired filet. we also had the banana dessert when we ate there 2 nights ago, and it was very good. had a chocolate cake too that they brought out for my birthday... it was REALLY rich... i don't now if it was a normal menu item or just something for celebrations/free dessert... i will say, though... if you don't have a perfect view from your table, get out to the observation deck early enough to get a good spot. it was way too crowded by the time we got out there and i couldn't see a thing. totally missed the fireworks, which was the main reason for eating there... it was my special birthday dinner that was supposed to have a perfect ending with fireworks.... good meal but not the perfect ending i wanted...:sad1:

When we went last May it was fantastic, we actually sat in a side room with an incredible view, we could even see EPCOT! The food and was awesome and they were really good to my kids......(1 and 6 at the time) ......:flower3:really the best.....:love: BTW I had gone there when I was a little kid when it was called "The Top Of The World" so it was fun to relive that a little.......:flower3:

The Pork dish gets raved about alot , but I hate goat cheese...so that one is out for me! Luckily, the filet gets much the same love....so I think that's what I'll be ordering in Sept. I've never tried REAL sushi before besides playing it safe with a California Roll.....I am a little scared to try raw fish, I don't want a strong raw fish/ slimy taste in my mouth! but this sushi gets raved about so much, that I think I'll pay out of pocket to try some Spicy Kazan Roll or the Dynamite rolls!
Hope they are good!!!!! ;)

My family just loves CG!! We also eat here twice every trip. I think we already know what we are going to eat before we get there. My DD and I absolutely love the goat cheese ravioli and the filet. My DH starts off with the spicy Kazan roll and he also gets the filet. The banana desert tops off our meal perfectly. I might have to consider the pork on one of our visits this year. It gets such rave reviews.

The Pork dish gets raved about alot , but I hate goat cheese...so that one is out for me! Luckily, the filet gets much the same love....so I think that's what I'll be ordering in Sept. I've never tried REAL sushi before besides playing it safe with a California Roll.....I am a little scared to try raw fish, I don't want a strong raw fish/ slimy taste in my mouth! but this sushi gets raved about so much, that I think I'll pay out of pocket to try some Spicy Kazan Roll or the Dynamite rolls!
Hope they are good!!!!! ;)

I hope you give it a try. I love sunshine. Just had some for dinner. I've never experienced a "slimy taste" from any I have had.

Just booked CG for our August trip. DH and I haven't been there since the night he propsed 14 years ago! DS9 and DS10 will be with us this time--can't wait! :lovestruc

The Pork dish gets raved about alot , but I hate goat cheese...so that one is out for me! ;)

The filet is wonderful, too, but if you want the Pork Tenderlion, they will be happy to sub something for the polenta. :)

Absolutely! I believe that more than half of happiness in life is approximately 90% dependent upon managing expectations. ;)

Well said. CG was the only restaurant I did this with. I had fairly low expectations for Ohana and La Hacienda and really enjoyed both meals at those places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter