California Grill’s New Year’s event

lulialdao

Earning My Ears
As many of you, I have been waiting for the New Years events to be released since November.
I checked the App two or three times a day with the hope of finding availability for dinner at California Grill or (at least) being able to book an "in room dining".
I reserved my room at the Contemporary Resort 8 months ago, with the aim of spending our New Year's Eve dinner there, but day after day I lost hope, to the point that I ended up reserving Raglan Road for December 31 at 9:45 PM because I had any other options available for receiving 2022.
As hope is the last thing to be lost, today I checked the App again and I could see that the California Grill event was published!
For all those who are in the same situation as me, I leave the details of the event below.
TIP: Whenever I call Disney I select the option to speak in English. Today I did it the same as always, and there was a 2 hour wait, so I hung up and called again, I selected the option to speak in Spanish and they answered me immediately. I hope this information helps you!

copy paste:
A Golden New Year's Eve in Wine Country
Ring in the New Year with elegance at California Grill. Enjoy champagne and delightful wines, marvelous food and one-of-a-kind entertainment.
Dine and delight in a setting inspired by the twinkling lights and lush greenery of California Wine Country. Your brand-new 50th Anniversary Hosts––a pair of Sparkling Sommeliers painted in luxurious gold––are here for your photographic fun!
Enter the Napa Room, now transformed into an eclectic speakeasy! Be mesmerized by a slight-of-hand magician while you sip delicious wine pairings and custom crafted cocktails.
The Sonoma Room is next on your journey into 2022. Here you can visit Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Baby New Year Donald.
We hope you come dressed in your best and are ready to dance! Our DJ has curated a music fest and a roaming violinist is ready to serenade you with upbeat melodies.
As you float between the 2 rooms, you’ll find 50th Anniversary food stations. Indulge in delicious seafood––including delectable caviar––that honors the legacy of California Grill chefs. Enjoy this trip down memory lane as you dine on some favorite offerings from the last 50 years.
Menu highlights include:
  • Chilled Appetizer Station
    Chilled Seafood Bar
    Caviar Station with Potato Blinis
    Smoked Beef Tartare
    Chilled Golden and Candycane Beet Salad
  • Wood Burning Station
    Perigord Black Winter Pizza
    Duck Char Sui Bao
  • Sushi Station
    An array of maki, sashimi, nigiri and a collection of original sushi creations
  • Hot Seafood Station
    Lobster Ravioli
    Plancha Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops
    Seared Ahi Tuna
  • From the Grill and Rotisserie
    Grilled Porcelet
    Oak Fire-grilled Beef Tenderloin with Truffle Sauce
    Rohan Duck Breast 2 Ways
  • Sweet Treats from our Disney’s Contemporary Resort Pastry Chefs
    5 Magical Bites – 50 Years in the Making
    Banana Butterscotch Buzz
    Valrhona Molten Lava Cake
    Florida Citrus Cream Puffs
And so much more!
As you dine, feast your eyes on a glamorous ice sculpture featuring both the 50th Anniversary and California Grill logos.
Finally, experience the first moments of 2022 as the fireworks spectacular from Magic Kingdom park fills the sky above.
Event Information
  • Date: December 31, 2021
  • Check-In Time: Begins at 7:00 PM
  • Event Time: 7:30 PM to 12:30 AM
  • Reservations: Call (407) 824-2013 to book this experience. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Price
The cost for this experience is $700, including tax and gratuity.
Full payment is due at the time of booking. Cancellations must be received at least one day prior to event to avoid being charged full price.
All events, offerings and menus are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

TIP: Whenever I call Disney I select the option to speak in English. Today I did it the same as always, and there was a 2 hour wait, so I hung up and called again, I selected the option to speak in Spanish and they answered me immediately. I hope this information helps you!
Thank you so much for the info! Following the description, I called (407) 824-2013 but it went straight to voicemail. The announcement said their office hours are Mon-Fri, 10 am to 6 pm. So I waited for Monday at 10 am and called a few times but it still just went to voicemail...

May I ask how you were able to make a reservation yesterday? Was it through the usual Disney DINE phone line (407) 939-3463? The app doesn't allow me to select 12/31 still...

Also, how did you select the option to speak in Spanish? They don't tell me which number to press, I said "Español" and it still goes to English.

Hi!
I called 407 824 2284 and they redirected me to Disney Dining, then I selected option 9 (to continue in Spanish)

Thank you so much for the info! Following the description, I called (407) 824-2013 but it went straight to voicemail. The announcement said their office hours are Mon-Fri, 10 am to 6 pm. So I waited for Monday at 10 am and called a few times but it still just went to voicemail...

May I ask how you were able to make a reservation yesterday? Was it through the usual Disney DINE phone line (407) 939-3463? The app doesn't allow me to select 12/31 still...

Also, how did you select the option to speak in Spanish? They don't tell me which number to press, I said "Español" and it still goes to English.

Hi!
I called 407 824 2284 and they redirected me to Disney Dining, then I selected option 9 (to continue in Spanish)

For $700 a person they should dedicate a toll free number
I totally agree, but lately I don’t know why is almost impossible to reach a human being by phone in Disney.
Sadly, guests services in WDW are not what they use to be anymore.

I called (407) 824-2013 around 9:00 am on Friday, December 3 and the voicemail instructed to leave a message with name and phone number if you were interested in booking the New Year's Eve party. It is not Disney dining, you call the restaurant direct. Someone called me back before 10:00 am the same day to explain the event and then made the reservation for me. I was sent an email confirmation shortly after the call. It did not show up automatically in my plans, I had to manually link the reservation.

I called (407) 824-2013 around 9:00 am on Friday, December 3 and the voicemail instructed to leave a message with name and phone number if you were interested in booking the New Year's Eve party. It is not Disney dining, you call the restaurant direct. Someone called me back before 10:00 am the same day to explain the event and then made the reservation for me. I was sent an email confirmation shortly after the call. It did not show up automatically in my plans, I had to manually link the reservation.
My experience: I called Disney Dining because yesterday that phone number was unavailable (Sunday), I booked directly with Disney and showed immediately in my Plans

Thanks for posting. I've been trying to find any information on NYE events at Disney World and have found nothing. I still can't find information on the event you've listed, except for here and on various online blogger sites. I must be doing something wrong. I've checked MDE online and on the app. Can't find this event. Oh well, not a huge deal. I'd never spend $700 per person anyway. **** never mind, I found the information on the California Grill page. I was assuming it would be under the "Holidays" or "experiences" pages. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I've been trying to find any information on NYE events at Disney World and have found nothing. I still can't find information on the event you've listed, except for here and on various online blogger sites. I must be doing something wrong. I've checked MDE online and on the app. Can't find this event. Oh well, not a huge deal. I'd never spend $700 per person anyway. **** never mind, I found the information on the California Grill page. I was assuming it would be under the "Holidays" or "experiences" pages. Thanks again.
Yes, you need to look at the restaurant pages. There is also an event at La Hacienda in Epcot that is $250/adult, $89/child - New Year's Eve Fiesta.

Resurrecting an old thread. It looks like they’re doing this event again this year. Could anyone who went last year share your thoughts on it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter