Cafe Mickey - reviews

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This table service restaurant is located in Disney Village at the end towards the hotels.
It is a complete homage to "The Mouse" with appropriate colours.
You can get character breakfast, lunch and dinner at the restaurant, although booking is advised.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

We were there as a group of 16 last Monday 23rd Oct and it was fantastic. We had booked before we went for 7pm which was good as they were telling people in the queue in front of us that the next available table was 9.30pm. The food and character interaction was excellent. We didn't feel rushed at all, the characters spent lots of time with the 7 kids in our group. Yes a bit pricey but we thought well worth it, 34 euros + drinks for the adults, think it was 20 euros per child and they got to keep their drinking cup and straw.

Lynn

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

We have eaten here a couple of times and always enjoyed ourselves. The first time we sat downstairs which was fine then I read online the view upstairs by the window was wonderful so the next time we asked for there the view is lovely and it is and area where it is a bit quieter which we enjoyed. The only thing is the dancing was not as good upstairs the night we were there.
The first time the children ate the childs meal which included the pudding buffet which they enjoyed. I dont remember really what I ate either times but I had enjoyable meals. DD & DS had steak thelast time which they finished. They then had the chocolate fondue between them which was wonderful and we plan to have 2 between the 4 of us the next time we eat there.
I only have photos with people in but you can see we are having a good time.
largechip038.jpg

largechip037.jpg

largechip036.jpg

We arrived at cafe mickeys for our reservations at 7.50pm for an 8pm reservation. It was 8.45pm before we were seated and 15 minutes before we were taken a drinks order and another 15 minutes before our food order was brought. Wasn't impressed by the mushrooms. Couldn't see why everyone raved about them on here. PLuto's steak was delicous and the chips were really nice. Lacked a veggie dish though. Birthday cake was meant to be brought out at 9pm. But due to the service we got it at 10.15pm. Far too late for a 4 year old. There were also 3 characters instead of the 6 characters at 9pm. I later discovered that my friend was fuming and told the maitre d' she wanted an address to complain too and the manager came over and was horrified and told the maitre d' he wasn't happy on our behalf. we got 15% off the bill but it didn't really make up for the inconvience caused. Would go back but eat earlier.

We ate there in June and had a fab time! My daughter loved chatting to all of the characters even tho they didn't talk back :rotfl: . She wanted all of them to sit with us which didn't happen, they came to our table said hello, signed her little book and went to greet everyone else. :cheer2:

We had to book the restaurant as it was packed around 1pm (went for lunch)

The food was great, it was prepared on the spot not like the other restaurants (fast food microwave type) and the deserts yummy :) !!! I had Ballo's fruit salad with chocolate sauce and was delicious.

We're going to EuroDisney again in 2 weeks time and going to the restaurant again on our last day. Can't wait!!! :grouphug:

Ema xxx

I though the food in Cafe Mickey was revolting, service was awful as well. Cheap steak really tough and fatty. I will stick to a character tea at Plaza Gardens next time as it's much better value for money.

I though the food in Cafe Mickey was revolting, service was awful as well. Cheap steak really tough and fatty. I will stick to a character tea at Plaza Gardens next time as it's much better value for money.

Couldn't agree more - sorry Cafe mickey fans!

Janet

We enjoyed CM but mainly down to the atmosphere and the character interaction which was superb. IMHO the food was OK - a little expensive for what it was but well worth the cost as a one-off.

Would probably not go again but enjoyed it.

I agree with Sarah...the food was OK. Service was good...the waitress even gave my 2 DD two extra clean Mickey cups to take home.
I guess the most important thing was the character interaction...that is what we were there for, and it was wonderful. My DD's had photos with every character.;)

Being this our first experience at DLP , it was a good one basically because of te high season and we were able to have photos without the pushing and shoving...!

I believe that next time we will try the Lucky Nugget.

We were booked in for 7.45 on Valentines Day. I was so looking forward to it, as this was the first character meal we had ever done, as my husband does not see the point.:sad2:
I could see a very long queue but was hoping this was made up of people who hadn't booked. No, they all had reservations and ALL of them were 7.45! There were about 30 people all with the same time and there were no tables free. People were getting quite cross, there was nowhere to wait in comfort and none of the staff were giving out any information. My sister wanted to go elsewhere, but I really wanted to do it for my daughter, as I knew we'd never get another chance. So we waited, more people arrived, with their 8 o'clock bookings and they waited too!
We were called, about 20 minutes past our time - we were seated upstairs and 4 characters had just come out, much to my daughter's delight. An hour after this 4 different characters came out, so in all she had 8 autographs, 8 cuddles and 8 photos and she was over the moon. That much made the whole night worthwhile. The staff were all very nice as well.

BUT..... the food was not much. Our starters were inedible - Fantasia mushrooms, which had obviously been made incorrectly. They were so salty that I can only assume they made them with salt instead of parmesan cheese. I noticed the woman on the next table sent hers back and got a different starter, but we had already had to send back my daughters drink (they brought coke instead of water) and I just couldn't bring myself to do the same with the mushrooms. We just left them instead. Our main courses were quite nice (steak) and my daughter enjoyed her pasta. My son said the fish and chips were good.

It wasn't easy to catch the waiter's eye for the bill, so we were hanging around for a bit after the meal.

I don't regret going there, as my daughter LOVED the character interaction so much, but unless that is your main reason for going there, I would give it a miss.

Hi Everyone

We ate in Cafe Mickeys back in January.Here is a copy of the kids menu.Hope you can all make it out it didn't scan too well.

cafemickeykidsmenu.jpg

My husband, our 3yr old daughter and I ate here on 15th March 2007 and am pleased to say the food was lovely on all counts - so perhaps they have improved since January.

We booked the afternoon before for 5.30 as our daughter likes her sleep and doesn't do well with late nights! It was just as well we did as when we arrived they were turning people away saying they were fully booked for the rest of the night even though this was March and presumably low season.

We were seated immediately when we arrived at 5.20 and the place filled up quite quickly. My husband and I ate from the set menu for adults at 34euros exc drinks and my daughter ate from the childs menu at 15euros exc drinks and kept the cafe mickey drinking cup. I had the chicken cesear salad starter which was a huge yummy portion, followed by the Pinnochio Pasta (creamy garlic pasta with chicken, broccoli, peppers etc) which was delicious. Hubby had some sort of roasted cheese on olive bread starter which he said was nice, and the pinnochio pasta. My daughter had the pasta bolognese, then the smarties push up ice cream as she didn't fancy anything in the pudding buffet.

The character interaction started at 6.15 and every character went round every table (we were sitting in the centre downstairs). We had Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Tigger, and Friar Tuck from Robin Hood. They took lots of time with all the kids for cuddles, kisses, photos and autographs, then all took part in the dancing and larking around with the waiters and waitresses. It was a brilliant atmosphere and all the kids clearly enjoyed it - almost as much as the adults!

If/when we return to DLP, we will also be returning to Cafe Mickey for a good dose of fun and laughter.

We ate at cafe Mickey on Wednesday 14th March. We were booked in at 6.15pm, arrived at 6.00pm and were seated staright away, upstairs beside the window with a great view of the air balloon and the hotels. The restaurant is lovely and clean with plenty of room between tables.

The 4 kids had the kids meal, which included the drinks cup they got to take home and the buffet desert. 3 of the kids had chicken nuggets and chips, 1 had the mickey pizza and a couple of the nuggets off the other kids plates.

I had the pinnochio pasta, very delicious. Sil had the princess steak, bil had the honey pot ribs and they were all lovely meals. DP was very disappointed, he is vegetarian and the choice was Mulans pasta or nothing. The veggie starters were not available and they do not do pizza, as stated in the dlpfoodguide.com. The manager offered to give him 1 of the other meals and take out the shrimp, but Dp refused as he was not certain it was already made up in the kitchen and the shrimp would be in with the pasta, leaving the taste and smell.

The character interaction was briliant. We got so many autographs and photos. The characters spend so much time at each table, it is well worth it. We had minnie, mickey, donald, jessie, woody, pluto, goofy, pinnochio and many more I can't remember.

I would try and go there again, but not sure DP would go for it, might need to bribe him.

Maureen

Tinkerbell's Tantalizing Tart:

P1020251.jpg

Pocahontas’ mushroom soup:

P1020250.jpg

Bread (there were 4 to begin with):

P1020247.jpg

Pinocchio’s Pasta:

P1020254.jpg

Thank you for all your food pics in the different threads! Cafe Mickey looks great! :thumbsup2

We originally tried to get a reservation on thursday around noon for that evening but only 22:00 was available and we did not like to eat that late so we made a reservation for the next night. When we arrived we only had to wait a few minutes before we were seated. During the meal a family tried to sit at a table near the windows apparantly without a reservation and they were sent downstair to wait in line.
We really liked Cafe Mickey. Both the food and characters were very good. All the characters came to our table (the youngest at our table was 16) for photographs. While we were there at least two sets of characters made their rounds and perhaps even three. We saw Goofy, Captain Hook, Mickey Mouse, Tigger, Genie, Sheriff of Nottingham and a few others. The characters do a really good job in making sure that children stay at their tables and that they will only interact with them at their own table and not when they are at another table. This also applied to the character tea at Plaza Gardens.

I think we were there for approximately two hours. This restaurant is for us a definitely must do for a next trip to DLRP. Our table was very close to the windows at the upstairs level with a very nice view of the PanoraMagique balloon and Sequoia Lodge.

P9060012.jpg

Three out of four went for the Cafe Mickey Set Menu

Breadsticks
P9060014.jpg

BUT..... the food was not much. Our starters were inedible - Fantasia mushrooms, which had obviously been made incorrectly. They were so salty that I can only assume they made them with salt instead of parmesan cheese. I noticed the woman on the next table sent hers back and got a different starter, but we had already had to send back my daughters drink (they brought coke instead of water) and I just couldn't bring myself to do the same with the mushrooms. We just left them instead. Our main courses were quite nice (steak) and my daughter enjoyed her pasta. My son said the fish and chips were good.

Three of us ordered the Fantasia mushrooms and really liked the dish.
P9060016.jpg

I've checked a picture of the menu and I can't see that they should have been made with parmesan cheese. When I make this kind of this dish at home I'll also use (sea)salt.

P9060006.jpg

P9060051.jpg

P9060050.jpg

P9060004.jpg

P9060005.jpg

One of us ordered the Caesar Salad.
P9060017.jpg

We all had the Hunny Pot Barbeque.
P9060028.jpg

I can't remember what each of us had for dessert but at least two of us had the Cafe Mickey Sundae
P9060055.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts