Cabins on Deck 1 - how bad are they?

meandmyshadow

Earning My Ears
I'm getting nervous. We have 4 rooms guaranteed on deck 1. When we booked our trip through our TA, she told us that this would be the best place for us if we had motion sickness - center of the ship on the lowest deck. Now I am having second thoughts! We have other family members coming along, I don't want to disappoint them.

What are everyone's thoughts about deck 1??

THANKS!

We had a deck 1 cabin last year for our first week of a back to back, and it was brilliant. The sailing was calm and we were very near the gangway exit for a speedy getaway in ports. Dont panic: you will be just fine. Nat:Pinkbounc

We also stayed on Deck 1. It was very convenient for departures at ports. Don't worry, it is fine.

We also stayed in deck 1 last year and loved it... it's mostly set up for castmembers (employees) so it is extremely quiet... also it's great because if you do need to take an elevator, it's always empty when you get on...

And NO motion sickness at all... couldn't feel a thing... this year we are on Deck 2, but wish we could go back to deck 1..

Another praise for Deck 1!! We have stayed on many deck of the Magic and Deck 1 and 2 are our favorite!!! Quite, elevator always empty...very near guest service, dining rooms, formal pics with characters, etc...

Love the location!!

MJ

The inside cabins are all the same no matter what deck you are on, the cat 9 cabins have bigger porthole on Deck 2 than on deck 1, but the cabins themselves are exactly the same, you will love it.

Deck 1 was great for us. I was glad not to have to venture up the stairs when we came back from being on shore. I also liked the two portholes - one for each kid. It was very quiet down there. We got to interact with more of the staff as well - my kids loved it! We saw some staff practicing a fire drill one day. Whenever anyone entered the lift area, the leader made them all get down on one knee and stop their maneuvers.

Denae

We have had cabins all over the ship....my preference is low, midship.....a close second is deck 5 aft.

Lower is less movement. Ditto closer to center. Deck one is quiet and very pleasant.

It's funny but there are a lot of people that will "look down their noses" at you when you tell them you are on deck 1 or 2. The thing they don't realize is that these rooms are just as nice as all of the other rooms on the ship. It's not 3rd or 4th class like it was on the Olympic (sister ship to the Titanic that you've never heard about). The cat 10 rooms on decks 1&2 are the same as on deck 7 (the deck 5 cat rooms ARE special). The cat 8 & 9 rooms are not equivalant to the veranda rooms since you don't have access to the outside from the 8/9's, but the room itself is just as nice.

The advantages to decks 1&2 are:
*Going ashore in the ports of call is easy - don't need an elevator
*dinners are just a few short flights up - dont' need an elevator
*the adult clubs are 1 or 2 flights up - easy to get back to your room in case of emergency. oh yea - dont' need an elevator
*Deck 9 for the daytime activites is a lot of flights up - dont' need an elevator because you need to work off the prior nights dinner so you can "reload" tonight!:teeth:
*Quite - only staterooms
*If an outside room - closer to the water for watching the ocean slip by -- and without that :crazy2: "nasty" sea smell (ok that last part really isn't an advantage)

Don't worry - Decks 1 & 2 are great!! Remember most of your time will be spent in the common areas of the ship that all passengers get to use.

We stayed on Deck 1 last year and loved it. When we rebooked for this year we knew we wanted a lower deck. The first night we had dinner at Parrot Cay, DH had a little motion sickness, he was very concerned about the rest of the evening. But once we got back to the room, we couldn't feel the boat move at all. And it was very quiet, we had an inside room and you could hear some machinary humming behind our wall but my AC at home is 3 times louder then any noise we heard. It actually helped put me to sleep and I am one that is very disturbed by noise. Don't worry, your rooms will be fine. And if you think about it, you won't be in there very often because there is so much to do on the ship. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter