Cabanas for Dinner

We ate one time in Cabanas for dinner on our first DCL cruise. We were surprised because on other lines the buffet was just that in the evening too, a buffet. The selections seemed to be the same as what was in the MDR's that night only more limited in choice. Since they had to know our table number from the MDR it left the impression that nights tips were going to be diverted to the servers in Cabanas, could be wrong but that was my impression. My overall feeling was if we wanted table service we would not do Cabanas again and just eat in the MDR where our services learned our preferences.

We skipped out on MDR service twice on our last cruise on the Wonder and it was buffet. Not sure how I would feel about Cabana's being a sit down but I'm leaning towards trying it out.

We tried Cabanas table service for dinner one night on our last cruise. The menu was limited but slightly different than the MDRs; I had heard and expected it to be a sampling of the exact items across the 3 main menus but it was not. It was very quiet in there. To answer an earlier post, yes, you can just walk in anytime during their posted hours of service for the evening. We would return because it was a super pleasant experience. The waiter in training bent over backwards to serve and please us. He had two tables from what we could tell and was very eager to try his jokes, tricks and hospitality on us. Some of his delivery still needed polishing but his desire to please was evident and the only thing that mattered. It was a relaxing break from the bustle of the main dining rooms.

DH and I found dinner in cabanas so much better then the MDRs. The food was so much hotter and fresher. Cabanas was so much quieter then the MDRs. The wait staff was so much more attentive. The only downside is that Cabanas menu does not change at all the entire cruise. We go to the MDRs just for a change from the Cabanas menu. If they offered a changing menu in Cabanas you wouldn’t see us in the MDRs anymore.

Wow, is that true? I've never read that anywhere. Hoping someone can confirm. I'd love that option - and it would be great for European itineraries where you're too tired to deal with a long drawn out dinner in the MDR.

I want to say I remember something similar. On the super long days in port (like a WDW day and maybe when we overnighted in Reykjavic) you could go to your assigned MDR for either seating and they would take you, but then then had Cabana's open LATE (like maybe 9-midnight or something - after the dinner seatings). So not for dinner, but for whenever you straggled back to the ship.

Wow, is that true? I've never read that anywhere. Hoping someone can confirm. I'd love that option - and it would be great for European itineraries where you're too tired to deal with a long drawn out dinner in the MDR.

Yes, they do have this option on occasion. Here is a link to the most recent Magic northern Europe. You’ll notice that on the overnight in St. Petersburg, that the dinner options are very different from most nights, including open dining options and AP completely closed. On the nights just before and after that day though it very specifically says Cabanas table service.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...ruise-from-copenhagen-to-dover-august-8-2019/

DH and I found dinner in cabanas so much better then the MDRs. The food was so much hotter and fresher. Cabanas was so much quieter then the MDRs. The wait staff was so much more attentive. The only downside is that Cabanas menu does not change at all the entire cruise. We go to the MDRs just for a change from the Cabanas menu. If they offered a changing menu in Cabanas you wouldn’t see us in the MDRs anymore.

same here. We use cabanas to get our son a decent dinner before kids club if we have Palo dinner. We also prefer it over the looooong MDR 'experience' and as you said, the food just sees fresher. The menu is varied enough - seems there is always steak, salmon, chicken, and pasta. One cruise we got seated with another family that complained about everything so we ate in Cabanas each night after except for our Palo night.

Served only on the middle night or nights of a cruise, we prefer Cabanas to the main dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter