CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

We have a poolside standard. I have back problems and will be bringing a cane with me, so I may call and try to request a room as close to the lobby as possible, unless the walk is shorter than it looks!
I completely agree with the PP. The American Building has rooms that are close to the lobby/bus. We did a lot of walking at this resort and got lost a couple times at night :)

How is the bowling access? Last 2 times we stayed there hoping to have a family activity the slots were all filled by 530 or 6. One time we were staying at Sapphire across the street and they said you must be a guest at cabana so no go that time, the next time this past May, it sold out an hour after opening!?

Wondering if the info about a a free shuttle to SeaWorld is current practise and if there are any recent reviews?

Is closing one of the pools during the week something that always happens during the slower months, or is it just happening now because of staffing issues and other such things?

Is closing one of the pools during the week something that always happens during the slower months, or is it just happening now because of staffing issues and other such things?
We were at CV 9/22-9/27 and was told that it was a seasonal thing. They also said it's on the UA website.

Does anyone know of a resource for room view photos? Or have any to share? I wish TP did those for the UO hotels like they do for the Disney ones! Most of what I've seen is people showing off Volcano Bay views, which is def not what we want/will be getting.

Does anyone know of a resource for room view photos? Or have any to share? I wish TP did those for the UO hotels like they do for the Disney ones! Most of what I've seen is people showing off Volcano Bay views, which is def not what we want/will be getting.
Just search on YouTube. There are a million room videos. It’s easier to see what your getting that way.

What kind of room are you getting? When you have an exterior suite, it will really either be a parking lot view or a pool view. There's not really anything "blocking" the room - no decorations like at Pop or ASM - unless people are walking by. For a standard room it's the same. There is nothing really blocking the view - though lower floors might have a palm tree in the way (which obviously can change through the years so it's hard to record that one) and the other view is really a parking lot or parking garage (which you can see on the resort map.
Check out Google Maps and drop the person in the resort. You can see some buildings/rooms that way too. Might help some.

We have a very old thread of picture views at the hotels.
I need to go back many years to find it

With things opening back up and getting to some sort of normality again, what does Cabana Bay offer for kids? We are transferring over to Cabana from Royal Pacific and staying just one night. We are not going to the park that day so will have a resort day. Anything for the kids to keep them busy? I heard the bowling alley is hard to get into and odds are slim. Thanks.

With things opening back up and getting to some sort of normality again, what does Cabana Bay offer for kids? We are transferring over to Cabana from Royal Pacific and staying just one night. We are not going to the park that day so will have a resort day. Anything for the kids to keep them busy? I heard the bowling alley is hard to get into and odds are slim. Thanks.
I've never had any issues getting a lane bowling. We'd walk by early in the evening (I think they open at 3pm?) and make reservations for after dinner for the same day.
Other than that, just the pools, smores by the fireplace and minigolf at CityWalk (Those are our plans for our non-park day! LOL)

I've never had any issues getting a lane bowling. We'd walk by early in the evening (I think they open at 3pm?) and make reservations for after dinner for the same day.
Other than that, just the pools, smores by the fireplace and minigolf at CityWalk (Those are our plans for our non-park day! LOL)

Thanks. Good to know. That is good enough for the kids. They are 9 and 7 so a little young for Universal parks but want to keep them a little busy.

Thanks. Good to know. That is good enough for the kids. They are 9 and 7 so a little young for Universal parks but want to keep them a little busy.
Our girls were about that age and there was no problem keeping them busy for a 4 night stay. We were up for rope drop each morning, took a break in the afternoon, and then went back to the parks until closing. They were HP fans before the trip, so they could not get enough of those areas. Don't forget about all of the various shows around the parks.

Our girls were about that age and there was no problem keeping them busy for a 4 night stay. We were up for rope drop each morning, took a break in the afternoon, and then went back to the parks until closing. They were HP fans before the trip, so they could not get enough of those areas. Don't forget about all of the various shows around the parks.
Thanks. Our kids have only seen the first Harry Potter film. The other ones get too dark for them but they will know what to expect. We might let them watch a couple more of the Harry Potter films before we leave.

Is there a big difference between the exterior door entry and the interior door entry suites? Aside from the obvious, lol. Are they both located in the same buildings? We don’t care about views but would prefer to be closer to the walking path to the Park and/or the shuttle.

Is there a big difference between the exterior door entry and the interior door entry suites? Aside from the obvious, lol. Are they both located in the same buildings? We don’t care about views but would prefer to be closer to the walking path to the Park and/or the shuttle.

They are different buildings. The exterior room buildings are in a square around the pool that has the slide (and the pool that has been closed at times during the week since COVID). It is closer to the lobby and the walking path. The interior room buildings are in the shape of a "V" around the pool and lazy river. These rooms are closer to the restaurant, the bus to the parks and Volcano Bay.

I've heard the pools are pretty much always very crowded. Has this been the experience of those in this thread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!