CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Is it bussing or walk to parks? How close to the Entertainment Area at night? And can you get the refillable mugs now and if so are they good at hotel and parks?

I'm sure you can walk to the parks (IOA and US, Volcano Bay really is a walk from CBBR) but why would you? The busses are quick and we never had to wait.

CBBR offers their own refillable mugs, they are only good at the resort. We got ours on the first night and activated them for length of stay. We used them quite a bit. The designs change from time to time (seasonally it looks like), and they offer different lid colors so theoretically everyone in the family has their own lid color. There were only 2 color choices when we went so I just sharpies initials on each persons cup.

The resort also offers a pool cup with a lid available at the bar. discounted price on drinks when you use it. (alcoholic beverages) if that appeals.

Then there are park mugs which you can't get until you're in the park, but really there's no need to get them ahead of time. We got an older version off of eBay to save some $$ then activated them as needed.

I'm sure you can walk to the parks (IOA and US, Volcano Bay really is a walk from CBBR) but why would you? The busses are quick and we never had to wait.

CBBR offers their own refillable mugs, they are only good at the resort. We got ours on the first night and activated them for length of stay. We used them quite a bit. The designs change from time to time (seasonally it looks like), and they offer different lid colors so theoretically everyone in the family has their own lid color. There were only 2 color choices when we went so I just sharpies initials on each persons cup.

The resort also offers a pool cup with a lid available at the bar. discounted price on drinks when you use it. (alcoholic beverages) if that appeals.

Then there are park mugs which you can't get until you're in the park, but really there's no need to get them ahead of time. We got an older version off of eBay to save some $$ then activated them as needed.

Thanks. Sure would be nice if they had the same mugs to use in both parks and resorts instead of having to pay for 2 different ones. But that would make it too easy!!

Hi everyone. Planning a trip to Orlando March 6-13th. (Had to cancel our Cruise then planned Cabo but cancelled that too with all the flight restrictions and testing) Will be Me, DS22 and DD19. (DH is not an Orlando/Theme Park Fan so he is staying home with the dog..). Originally was looking at Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Sheraton Villas Resort (2 Bedroom). Mainly for the extra room and pools. Then thinking this might be a good time to try Universal (we have never been). We have a Disney Trip planned for May so no Disney this trip except to Disney Springs.

Cabana Bay looks fun. Looking at Family Suites - just not sure if Exterior or Interior is better. Are the in different locations? Not sure what to pick here. May also book one night at Royal Pacific to get 2 days of Express Pass - assuming that would be cheaper than adding it on but will have to look at that.

From what I am reading only 1 Pool is open and the other on weekends? Is that still correct. Are all the food places open?

Probably get 4 day passes with VB since that looks fun too. And will be open when we are there.

Is it bussing or walk to parks? How close to the Entertainment Area at night? And can you get the refillable mugs now and if so are they good at hotel and parks?

Sorry for so many questions - Universal is all new to me.

Hi Lynn!
I've stayed in a standard room and an exterior suite here. My only complaint about the exterior suites is that the pool music is quite loud in the morning. They are in different locations - if you look at a map the exterior suites are closer to the walkway to the parks, the interior suites are the rooms closer to Volcano Bay. I've stayed here and done a throwaway at RPR before - it's super easy to do.

Currently, you're correct about the pools. Food places are open, as well as Starbucks and the bowling alley.

You can bus or walk to US and IOA. Volcano Bay has a private entrance for Cabana Bay guests since it's literally right next door to the water park, so just walk there. We walked every day to the parks except twice. The walk wasn't bad at all - one we walked to RPR to check in for our express passes and then boated over to the park. The time we took the bus it was a Saturday evening and it drops you off at the entrance to City Walk. It took FOREVER to walk back through City Walk security due to the way the que was set up. It would have been shorter to walk. Might have been a fluke because it was Saturday... IDK.

We never did refillable mugs because we had food delivered with Prime Now.

Check out resort maps, park maps and City Walk maps over on the Orlando Informer site. They have some great info there that would help you.

Hi Lynn!
I've stayed in a standard room and an exterior suite here. My only complaint about the exterior suites is that the pool music is quite loud in the morning. They are in different locations - if you look at a map the exterior suites are closer to the walkway to the parks, the interior suites are the rooms closer to Volcano Bay. I've stayed here and done a throwaway at RPR before - it's super easy to do.

Currently, you're correct about the pools. Food places are open, as well as Starbucks and the bowling alley.

You can bus or walk to US and IOA. Volcano Bay has a private entrance for Cabana Bay guests since it's literally right next door to the water park, so just walk there. We walked every day to the parks except twice. The walk wasn't bad at all - one we walked to RPR to check in for our express passes and then boated over to the park. The time we took the bus it was a Saturday evening and it drops you off at the entrance to City Walk. It took FOREVER to walk back through City Walk security due to the way the que was set up. It would have been shorter to walk. Might have been a fluke because it was Saturday... IDK.

We never did refillable mugs because we had food delivered with Prime Now.

Check out resort maps, park maps and City Walk maps over on the Orlando Informer site. They have some great info there that would help you.

Thanks for the info. I ended up booking an Interior Family Suite. Still not sure about booking a night at RPR - even the Season Pass Rate is still about $350 and we will be there for a week. Did book a day at Discovery Cove with a Cabana. Looking forward to that.

Thanks for the info. I ended up booking an Interior Family Suite. Still not sure about booking a night at RPR - even the Season Pass Rate is still about $350 and we will be there for a week. Did book a day at Discovery Cove with a Cabana. Looking forward to that.
We are going in March of this year. Out of pocket for two days of unlimited Express Passes would be $1022. One night at RPR for those two days $425. Worth every penny for us to have that throwaway in the middle of our trip!

Hi,
Looking at booking 8 nights at cabana bay in one of the family suites.
We don't require an accessible room but do need a room close to lift and facilities (food, pool etc) as my husband is disabled and we will have a mobility scooter with us, what room type would you recommend booking (exterior/interior, pool view etc) and any specific building requests/suggestions?
Also what is parking like? Are there many disabled parking spaces and are they near any specific building, or are they reserved for those people booked into accessible rooms?
Thanks, will be our first time staying at cabana bay. 😊

We don't require an accessible room but do need a room close to lift and facilities (food, pool etc) as my husband is disabled and we will have a mobility scooter with us, what room type would you recommend booking (exterior/interior, pool view etc) and any specific building requests/suggestions?
Also what is parking like? Are there many disabled parking spaces and are they near any specific building, or are they reserved for those people booked into accessible rooms?

You definitely want to be in an interior corridor room as those are closest to the food court, the lazy river and pool, and bus to the parks. Pool view versus standard is simply which side of the hallway you are on so either will work. You do NOT want a volcano view room as those are the furthest away from the lobby.

I believe one of the room requests is to be near an elevator. However, there are 3 bays of elevators in the interior rooms so you may need to specify that you want the one closest to the lobby. The handicapped parking (I only know the situation on the Continental Building side as that's where we stayed when we had a car) are nearest the doorways that head to the elevator bays and can be used by anyone with a handicapped plate/placard.

The standard rooms are pretty tight. I would recommend getting a suite which should give you much more room to park the scooter and still be able to maneuver around it in the room.

Reactions: AJA
Looking at videos of exterior and interior family suites. The living area in the interior family suites looks awfully dark. Did anyone find that an issue? Just from every video I've seen it looks like night time in there with all the lights on, then they move over to the bedroom area with the window and it's actually day time.

I see one of the Cabana Bay pools is only open on the weekends. We plan to be staying there on weekdays, during the second half of March. Any guesses as to whether both pools will be open during the week once the weather is a little warmer, or do we think it will stay weekends-only? Kids like waterslides!

Just a wild guess, but I'd say the pool might open during the week at the same time Universal re-opens Volcano Bay. I do believe VB is scheduled to re-open on Feb. 27th. Given CBBR is the closest resort to VB and even has its own separate entrance, CBBR may well see an increase in people staying there. And that may translate into Universal/Loews opening both pools all the time.

But again, that is just an educated guess on my part. I have no inside knowledge.

I see one of the Cabana Bay pools is only open on the weekends. We plan to be staying there on weekdays, during the second half of March. Any guesses as to whether both pools will be open during the week once the weather is a little warmer, or do we think it will stay weekends-only? Kids like waterslides!
That’s Spring Break for a lot of people so my guess is both pools will be open.

Booked for CBBR from March 12-15 and put a note that it was my Birthday on the reservation. Does that really mean anything like a room upgrade? I am curious if there is any magic the hotel does for that option or just the Birthday button. Not expecting any magic at the Hotel but was curious. Do they offer paid upgrades at Check In? I would like to get a Family Suite, but there were none available on AP rate.

Hi everyone. Planning a trip to Orlando March 6-13th. (Had to cancel our Cruise then planned Cabo but cancelled that too with all the flight restrictions and testing) Will be Me, DS22 and DD19. (DH is not an Orlando/Theme Park Fan so he is staying home with the dog..). Originally was looking at Wyndham Bonnet Creek or Sheraton Villas Resort (2 Bedroom). Mainly for the extra room and pools. Then thinking this might be a good time to try Universal (we have never been). We have a Disney Trip planned for May so no Disney this trip except to Disney Springs.

Cabana Bay looks fun. Looking at Family Suites - just not sure if Exterior or Interior is better. Are the in different locations? Not sure what to pick here. May also book one night at Royal Pacific to get 2 days of Express Pass - assuming that would be cheaper than adding it on but will have to look at that.

Sorry for so many questions - Universal is all new to me.

I love Cabana Bay and am glad you chose it for your stay. To answer some questions, that haven’t been answered:

Buses run every 10-15 minutes from an hour before EPA until an hour after parks close. The drop off/pickup point is just above the Security screening area for the Parks/Citywalk. Citywalk is the main entertainment area and it’s right after security and the moving walkways.

Booked for CBBR from March 12-15 and put a note that it was my Birthday on the reservation. Does that really mean anything like a room upgrade? I am curious if there is any magic the hotel does for that option or just the Birthday button. Not expecting any magic at the Hotel but was curious. Do they offer paid upgrades at Check In? I would like to get a Family Suite, but there were none available on AP rate.

I got a free drink coupon and something else - a dessert, maybe? - when I was there for my birthday. It was good at any of the hotel's bars, the Bayliner Diner, or I think at Starbucks. I doubt you would get a room upgrade, but anything is possible. I believe birthday buttons come from guest services at the park, not the hotel. (Remember that the hotels are run by Lowe's, not Universal).

I got a free drink coupon and something else - a dessert, maybe? - when I was there for my birthday. It was good at any of the hotel's bars, the Bayliner Diner, or I think at Starbucks. I doubt you would get a room upgrade, but anything is possible. I believe birthday buttons come from guest services at the park, not the hotel. (Remember that the hotels are run by Lowe's, not Universal).

The hotels do give out birthday buttons too, they have them at the front desk :thumbsup2

Do the family suites have plates/bowls/utensils or should I plan on bringing my own for breakfasts? Thanks.

Also what do you recommend for getting food. Instacart or Uber to Walmart (and is there a liquor store near by or does Walmart sell liquor down there). We're not going to need a lot - basically some breakfast stuff and some drinks. Wish they had a toaster in the rooms - tempted to just buy a cheap one.

Do the family suites have plates/bowls/utensils or should I plan on bringing my own for breakfasts? Thanks.

Also what do you recommend for getting food. Instacart or Uber to Walmart (and is there a liquor store near by or does Walmart sell liquor down there). We're not going to need a lot - basically some breakfast stuff and some drinks. Wish they had a toaster in the rooms - tempted to just buy a cheap one.

We were staying in a Cabana Bay Interior entry Family suite 2 weeks ago, They did not have any plates or utensils in the room, we swung by the QS restaurant and grabbed some on the way to our room. We ordered a Lyft from the airport to the Publix, got a pub sub, drinks and breakfast food then ordered another Uber/lyft to CB. It worked out well but we don't bring much luggage (We fly Spirit) so we didn't mind lugging our luggage around the publix. I hope you have a great time!

We were staying in a Cabana Bay Interior entry Family suite 2 weeks ago, They did not have any plates or utensils in the room, we swung by the QS restaurant and grabbed some on the way to our room. We ordered a Lyft from the airport to the Publix, got a pub sub, drinks and breakfast food then ordered another Uber/lyft to CB. It worked out well but we don't bring much luggage (We fly Spirit) so we didn't mind lugging our luggage around the publix. I hope you have a great time!

Thanks for the info. I think it may be easier to just get a Lyft to the store and back again, instead of trying to figure out what to order in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!