Cabana and the CC 5K

The 5k usually gets under way about 9ish, and depending on how quickly you go you may be to your cabana by 10ish.. I did a 10 mi bike ride during our last stop and found it nice to be able to go to the cabana and change and still feel relaxed, so I guess my point for you there is if you don't feel like you HAVE to go back to the boat to shower/ change then you save yourself some time and will be able to spend several hours enjoying your cabana...

The 5k usually gets under way about 9ish, and depending on how quickly you go you may be to your cabana by 10ish.. I did a 10 mi bike ride during our last stop and found it nice to be able to go to the cabana and change and still feel relaxed, so I guess my point for you there is if you don't feel like you HAVE to go back to the boat to shower/ change then you save yourself some time and will be able to spend several hours enjoying your cabana...
Good point about going back to the ship. We would not do that but it's a good thought for someone else new to this. But it also leaves me wondering if we can reign in our excitement to try everything and just enjoy relaxing at the cabana.

Do the cabanas have showers? I definitely felt like I didn't even want to dirty the ocean up after doing the 5k in August. I don't recall ever being that sweaty in my life, and I live in Texas. I really felt that I needed a good shower. I did "try" to run the 5k though.

Cabanas have an open air shower. So you have to either shower in running clothes or manage to change into swimsuit first. I did the latter. It was not easy lol.

Ds and I did the island run then checked in for our cabana, met dh, and went on out there. (And then I awkwardly changed into swimsuit etc)

We had the cabana and ran the 5k. We were done before 10- not the fastest runners. Headed right to the cabana check in and they brought us right over. We used the open air shower and changed in the cabana. Did not want to waste one second of our time there. Walking back to the ship to shower to just jump back into the ocean and get all full of sand we felt was not the best use of our time. Worked out just fine for us. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter