BWV trip report 10/22 - 10/29

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
We arrived at BWV on Sunday at about 12:30 p.m. We had 2 - 1 bedroom BW view rooms reserved. Requests were non-smoking and upper floor. Rooms were not ready so we enjoyed lunch at B & C (banana split!!) and were able to get into our rooms at about 3:00. We were disappointed to find both rooms on 2nd floor, one a HA smoking-permitted room (2049). The other was actually facing the Village Green (2051). 2049 also has the solid wall balcony, which we really dislike because we love sitting and people watching and this type of balcony makes that impossible unless you stand and lean over. I was surprised that 2051 is considered a BW view room. It has a nice large balcony but the view is blocked by 2 trees. The one real plus was that Nazareen was our mousekeeper. She is such a sweetheart, pampers us (even makes the bed, lines up our shoes, etc. on T & T day!) and her service was once again super. We hope that the pixiedust that did not find us for room location this time will rain down when we return with other friends in 5 weeks.
We were disappointed when front desk manager Alfredo told us that he was moving to the GF to be lobby manager there. The new BW lobby head is named D.J. and we were very pleased to see him actively working the lobby as Alfredo has done. Welcome to BW, D.J.!
I have not read ANY of the DVC boards as yet so am anxious to catch up. No news regarding CR villas. A kiosk CM says that they do not even know when the AKL villa points will be available, only that the points there will expire in 2057, 3 years later than SSR (old news to all of you, I am sure). Can't wait to catch up on the DIS gossip!
Our first day was a record high of 92° and later in the week there was a record low set also. Gorgeous weather overall, even the cold day when it still managed to reach 70°. Only rained one morning lightly until about 9 a.m. or so. We love late October at WDW.
Made the mistake of doing F & W on a Saturday. We knew better but the time just got away from us. Crowded! We did not do any signature events.
Our friends really enjoyed Cirque. I think there have been a few slight changes since I last saw it a year ago. We're going again in December but I never get tired of it.
We spent one day at Daytona Beach and St. Augustine. It was a great change of pace. We had not seen Daytona since January, 2005 and we were happy to see that much of the hurricane damage to buildings and dunes has been repaired.
Time to get up to speed with the DIS!

DJ was the person who got us the complimentary park hopper passes for the day. This was because I packed our AP's and then checked our luggage at the BWV on the day we were going home. We knew we had a late afternoon flight and were going to go to a park, but still, as we were packing I asked DH if we would need anything in the "travel folder." He did agree that it could be packed, but still, if we're planning to go to a park, we do need our passes!

Anyway kudos for DJ.

I'm sorry to hear about the rooms/view you had, but glad you did have a good time. We failed to notice each other in the BW....maybe on another trip. We'll be going down BWV, December 15th.

Bobbi :)

PS. We spent Saturday (21st) at Daytona Beach visiting a friend, but we were there with bikers, lots and lots of them. I'm guessing you had an easier time of traffic when you were there.

We also made the mistake of doing the F & W on a Saturday, and we didn't enjoy ourselves at all. I was quite disappointed, much ado about nothing--then we did a couple of signature events, and WOW! Had a wonderful time! Sweet Sundays was exceptional!! :love: Also did the Halloween party, a must-see, in my opinion. I was glad I had done the party, and the Signature events, it saved the trip from being a bust. Instead, we had a great time, and can't wait to go back next year(later in October, though, when the weather is cooler) :)

Sorry to have missed you, Bobbi. (Happy, and not surprised, to hear that DJ helped you out. CMs make WDW magical.) We were commando-ing it this time because our friends had not been to WDW in many years, so we were mostly at parks. This also prevented us from scheduling a lot of special events, like F & W sessions (lucky Cruella!) We may be bringing kids in Oct. 2007, so we may do MNSSHP at that time. Saw a family in the airport all sharing goodies out of their MNSSHP bag.

We got to BWV the day before you did. We lucked out and were able to get into our villa at 1:00!!! When I asked the CM if he was sure, he said he could take back the room number if I liked!!! First time ever that I got in before 4ish. We snagged rooms 5015/5017. Long walk from the elevator but great spot. I have had 5063 twice before now...that one was the second villa (studio) on the right after you got off the elevator and headed to the left. It looked out over the green and was terrific.

And yes, it was hot that weekend!!! To go from mid-90's to the 60's was not so much fun was it??!! I also wondered where Alfredo went to but forgot to ask. Thanks for the update. He is a really terrific person...GF is lucky to get him. I did see DJ in the lobby..in fact he was the first person to greet us upon arrival!!! He seems to be a good addition.

Hope you had as nice a trip as I did. You said you're going back in Dec?? When are you headed back? A bunch of us will be there from 12/7-12/13 or so.

Diane,
We will be at BWV Dec. 3 - 10. I just LOVE the holiday stuff at WDW in Dec. I don't think we have ever had the good fortune to get a 5th floor room--usually end up on 2nd floor for some reason. Maybe this Dec. will be our lucky charm. We are bringing my girlfriend and her DH. She has recently completed mastectomy, chemo and radiation and we are ready to CELEBRATE, so it would be very nice to have 2 great BW view rooms! Maybe our paths will cross at CP, MVMCP or Merry Mixer.

Hi Jean,

Glad to hear you had a great trip and the weather was good. Sorry to hear about the rooms that you received at the BWV. We are looking forward to our upcoming trip and haning out with yall at the CP. What day are you doing the MVMCP?.

I send you some pixie dust hoping you get a great room at the BWV on your upcoming trip. :wizard:

Jim.

Hi, Jim.
Waiting until we get there to choose our MVMCP date. Want to wait to see weather forecast so we aren't in a cold rain!
Most of the Osborne Lights are up and this year they will be dancing to music. Some Xmas stuff is showing up in the shops. Can't wait!

Good to hear you had a good trip even though the rooms were not what you hoped for! Our first trip there was only this past Sept (Labor Day) and we were given room 5011 and it was INCREDIBLE!!! It made our trip extra special. Here's to hoping you get a great room next trip and congrats to your friend for being a true survivior! :goodvibes

Hi Jean,

I am really sorry rooms were not what you hoped for!!

You did bring some news to me...I didn't know about the exp. date for AKV!! I wonder if the new trend will be to "stagger" the exp dates of the DVC's? Makes me wonder if we might get offered the option to "re-sign" our contracts, or extend them. That would be really cool!! I would LOVE to be able to leave that gift for Ireland. :goodvibes

I hope you have a GREAT trip in December!!! I would really like to meet up with you again sometime!!

DJ came from the Grand Floridian where he is greatly missed. I am sure he will soon be a favorite of all the guests at the BW. :thumbsup2

I wonder if the DJ everyone is talking about is the DJ that started out working in the BC Concierge about 5 years ago. We used to always stay there before BCV's opened and he was from Ohio if I remember correctly. He was an incredible new CM back then. If it is the same one, it is no wonder everyone is raving about him, he is one of the few CM's I only met on one vacation that I still remember.

MsA

jekjones1558 said:
Diane,
We will be at BWV Dec. 3 - 10. I just LOVE the holiday stuff at WDW in Dec. I don't think we have ever had the good fortune to get a 5th floor room--usually end up on 2nd floor for some reason. Maybe this Dec. will be our lucky charm. We are bringing my girlfriend and her DH. She has recently completed mastectomy, chemo and radiation and we are ready to CELEBRATE, so it would be very nice to have 2 great BW view rooms! Maybe our paths will cross at CP, MVMCP or Merry Mixer.

Hi Jean.....sounds like a terrific reason to celebrate...here's hoping you get some great rooms like we did. It was still pretty noisy up on the 5th floor though...those JRers can be pretty loud in the wee hours.
Anyway....I think we're going to the Merry Mixer on the 7th!!! And MVMCP the same night. Perhaps we'll see you at the Mixer. Look for our lime green mickey heads!!!

I wonder if the DJ everyone is talking about is the DJ that started out working in the BC Concierge about 5 years ago. We used to always stay there before BCV's opened and he was from Ohio if I remember correctly. He was an incredible new CM back then. If it is the same one, it is no wonder everyone is raving about him, he is one of the few CM's I only met on one vacation that I still remember.

MsA

Yes! He said he worked at the BC before going to the GF! I was VERY impressed with him. We BWV folks are lucky.

I was a little bummed about our rooms at first but slapped myself into remembering to not be such a brat. It's ridiculous to get hung up on such stupid issues. Maybe our Dec. trip will be the lucky one!

Beca,
Still remember our CP dinner in France. We will be hoping for a chance to renew in 2042 also.

Diane,
I will be trying for the Dec. 7 Merry Mixer. Since we will have friends with us, I'm not sure how the schedule will go. Last year it rained on our MM day, so I'd really like to go this time.

So glad you had a great time!!! We sure did experience a wide range of temps, didn't we? You're lucky to be going back again so soon. I have to wait until March!!! :sad2:

Donna

Hi,
We checked in to a 1 bedroom Boardwalk view on Sat, Oct 28 and were given room 5051, just 3 floors above you. The view was great from higher up.
We were very lucky because we left our BWV studio at 8am to check in to the 1 bedroom and hit the parks, never expecting our room to be ready and it was! I'm assuming the room had been vacant the night before, which is very surprising especially at this time of year.
Murphy

DJ is the same DJ that was at the GF and the BC. Rumour has it he left the company and went to work for NBC. I called a friend at the GF and said they tried to get him back, but he ended up at the BW. She said the cast really misses him. I guess he was great with the guests and the cast too. Anyway....good to have him back. He appears to be something of a legend.

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter