• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV standard view, to request or not to request?

MommyMK

Mouseketeer
We are staying at BWV in a standard view 1 bedroom next month for the first time. I've read tons of reviews on different areas to request and I can't decide what to request or if we should request anything at all. Top floor sounds nice because maybe we'll see the fireworks, ground floor sounds nice because we don't have to deal with the stairs. Close to the elevator sounds good because we'll be close to the elevators and closer to Epcot, far from the elevators sounds good because we'll be closer to HS and a better chance of a fireworks view. The super cool corner rooms sound cool because well, they are cool.

I guess our top priorities are a quiet-er room. Can we send a request that says something like top or ground floor, dedicated 1 bedroom preferred? Should we request across from the bus stop to get a quiet-er room? Or should we just leave it up to luck of the draw.

Thanks!

We are staying at BWV in a standard view 1 bedroom next month for the first time. I've read tons of reviews on different areas to request and I can't decide what to request or if we should request anything at all. Top floor sounds nice because maybe we'll see the fireworks, ground floor sounds nice because we don't have to deal with the stairs. Close to the elevator sounds good because we'll be close to the elevators and closer to Epcot, far from the elevators sounds good because we'll be closer to HS and a better chance of a fireworks view. The super cool corner rooms sound cool because well, they are cool.

I guess our top priorities are a quiet-er room. Can we send a request that says something like top or ground floor, dedicated 1 bedroom preferred? Should we request across from the bus stop to get a quiet-er room? Or should we just leave it up to luck of the draw.

Thanks!

I always request top floor, across from the bus stop for standard view. Close to the elevator will be noisy.

Since you have a 1 bedroom, you could request one of the 3 corner rooms that are extra large.

I always request top floor, across from the bus stop for standard view.
I have followed DebbieB's advice every time we have booked a Standard View 1BR and every time I've been very happy with our room location. We got a corner room once and that was great! The other times we have had a dedicated 1BR across from the bus stop. We have had great fireworks viewing every time (thanks to being on a high floor).

If you don't mind using the stairs it is very easy to get to both the bus stop and the pool from that part of BWV. We don't find it noisy because there is quite a bit of green space between the building and the road at that end of the building.

Thanks!
if you have a 1bed standard why would you request dedicated 1 bed preferred

if you have a 1bed standard why would you request dedicated 1 bed preferred
I think the OP is using the word "preferred" as in "a top or ground floor, dedicated 1 bedroom is preferred", not "Preferred View booking category".

I request top floor. You need to be not near the elevator to get a quiet view. Near elevator also means you could be right next to the luggage depot and the noise is distracting. We also request as far away from elevator as possible. The standard action is fairly small, so not a lot of choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter