BWV stand booking brutal

I want to say I will walk with the best of them. I don't view it as against the rules. That being said I also don't think it should be allowed. It completely voids the 11 month booking window.

With anything my personal views on rules and laws that should change will not make me avoid using them in my favor.

You add days....

You just can't modify to remove all 7 original days.

You could add 10 months. As soon as you remove all 7 original days your whole reservation would be canceled and would not be back in the booking pool until 8 am the next day's if it was originally booked at 10-11 months.

What you are suggesting is that one must decide at 11 months the exact dates one must go and that they would lose flexibility of booking within a timeframe.

Why would anyone want to see that a change in dates must be a cancel and re-book. But, hey, like I said, someone like me with 825 points and 3 memberships, would have a huge advantage under your plan because I could secure multiple rooms, all at different reservations, for overlapping dares, for several weeks and drop them later. Not sure how this is any better.

Bottom line is as soon as you start saying changes are a cancel and rebook, you have completely changed the DVC product. And, that would hurt far more members who change trips outside the 11 month window that has nothing to do with walking.

I walked a reservation in March at my 7 month window because of airfare. I booked And then a few days later, prices came out. I adjusted it. Then I did more research and realized that if I switched airlines, I could go even cheaper. Modified again. Had to waitlist a few of the nights but Then walked and stalked, and guess what, over the course of a few weeks, switched the trip by two weeks, to get what I want.

We will agree to disagree that what you want to see to impact walking is something I say would be a big negative for the membership as a whole.

What you are suggesting is that one must decide at 11 months the exact dates one must go and that they would lose flexibility of booking within a timeframe.

Umm then

A) don't book anything
B) don't book one trip have it split allowing you to combine the chunks you want later

I am not sure cancelling a whole week of a vacation that your originally booked would be called normal changes to a vacation.

switched the trip by two weeks, to get what I want.
And since that was at 7 months and not 11 months you likely could have canceled. You even stated you started by walking. But my first response still applies.

If this only applies when booked directly at 11 months that's fine.

I say would be a big negative for the membership as a whole.

It's a negative for you. You don't like the removal of walking under any circumstances likely which is fine. I highly doubt this hits more than 5% of members in the life of their membership they are modifying their reservation over a week removed from the oringal reservation instead of rebooking. Likely for whatever small group it's a couple times over the 50 years they have the membership. (to avoid a yearly grind of checking when walkers drop reservations randomly)

Only Disney know. Luckily for you they don't care to curb any of this really most likely.

It's a negative for you. You don't like the removal of walking under any circumstances likely which is fine. I highly doubt this hits more than 5% of members in the life of their membership they are modifying their reservation over a week removed from the oringal reservation instead of rebooking. Likely for whatever small group it's a couple times over the 50 years they have the membership. (to avoid a yearly grind of checking when walkers drop reservations randomly)

Only Disney know. Luckily for you they don't care to curb any of this really most likely.

Your missing my point. You can not put the restriction to curb walking without it being a restriction that applies to all reservations made, whether at the 11, 10, 6 or 3 month window.

For me, and I would guess many members, they would rather deal with walking than lose the flexibility of being able to modify reservations i the manner we can,

But, as I said, your idea would hurt average size point owners and give high point owners like myself a much bigger advantage.

Umm then

A) don't book anything
B) don't book one trip have it split allowing you to combine the chunks you want later

I am not sure cancelling a whole week of a vacation that your originally booked would be called normal changes to a vacation.

And since that was at 7 months and not 11 months you likely could have canceled. You even stated you started by walking. But my first response still applies.

If this only applies when booked directly at 11 months that's fine.

Your comment proves the point that a restriction that makes someone decide not to book because they lost the ability to change IS a fix that is worse than the problem.

No, I couldn’t because It was CCV and a studio and those were going fast.

I want to say I will walk with the best of them. I don't view it as against the rules. That being said I also don't think it should be allowed. It completely voids the 11 month booking window.

With anything my personal views on rules and laws that should change will not make me avoid using them in my favor.
I'm with you there. I'm willing to walk as long as it's allowed. I have successfully walked in past years but his year was much different. My use year is October so I need to wait to October 1st to get the points I need. Our family like's to go 2nd or 3rd week of October depending upon when our AP expires. This year I was never able to grab a week that I could walk. So far I have been grabbing days as they open and haven't run into a snag but have a few days to go yet.
I personally would not like with any change to the current online system and not being selfish here. I just think the current system is best for all and any changes to prevent walking would hurt the majority in the long run and lead to added restrictions and possible costs. Let it be!

I'm with you there. I'm willing to walk as long as it's allowed. I have successfully walked in past years but his year was much different. My use year is October so I need to wait to October 1st to get the points I need. Our family like's to go 2nd or 3rd week of October depending upon when our AP expires. This year I was never able to grab a week that I could walk. So far I have been grabbing days as they open and haven't run into a snag but have a few days to go yet.
I personally would not like with any change to the current online system and not being selfish here. I just think the current system is best for all and any changes to prevent walking would hurt the majority in the long run and lead to added restrictions and possible costs. Let it be!

You don't have to wait until October 1st. Points are deposited into your account 3 years in advance. Right now 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 are in there, go to my vacation points in the website. Any points you could possibly need to use are in there.

You don't have to wait until October 1st. Points are deposited into your account 3 years in advance. Right now 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 are in there, go to my vacation points in the website. Any points you could possibly need to use are in there.
Unfortunately I burned all my points for 2020 and had to wait to borrow from 2021.

Unfortunately I burned all my points for 2020 and had to wait to borrow from 2021.

Borrowing happens when you make a reservation in the UY prior to the points you need, at any time.

I think what you are saying is that since you didn’t have any 2020 UY points, your reservation for your walk could not start until October 1st, because any dates prior to that would require 2020 points Which you didn’t have.

Borrowing happens when you make a reservation in the UY prior to the points you need, at any time.

I think what you are saying is that since you didn’t have any 2020 UY points, your reservation for your walk could not start until October 1st, because any dates prior to that would require 2020 points Which you didn’t have.

Yes, you're right.

I can't remember the last time we've been in a BWV studio and I have ZERO regrets, especially since the 1B SV villas are sometimes less expensive than studios elsewhere!

Stop saying that! I’m trying to get my Princess reservation switched to just that sort of room and have had NO luck yet. Shhhhh.

Let’s be honest. The people frustrated and want to see it stopped are trying for the same rooms others have gotten and simply want to change the rules so they might not have to work so hard to get that same room.

Agreed.

I only have 160 points, I haven’t walked don’t walk and can’t imagine walking, BUT I know how Disney behaves when they decide to end something, and it always always makes things worse for everything.

Additionally, you can't "walk" over your UY transition online. I am not even sure if MS can help you or not. Because of point UY "rules", online you can't have a single reservation span you UY transition. So FRANK could not have attempted to start walking until Nov1st. (Oct 1st start of the reservation) even if he had points he could use in Sept of 2020.

Additionally, you can't "walk" over your UY transition online. I am not even sure if MS can help you or not. Because of point UY "rules", online you can't have a single reservation span you UY transition. So FRANK could not have attempted to start walking until Nov1st. (Oct 1st start of the reservation) even if he had points he could use in Sept of 2020.
Yup

If the points are available you can book over your UY, just not online. you have to call. They have a way to book you a reservation that crosses a UY.

So, if someone wanted to walk it, it would require a call to MS to move it for them.

In the past week, I've seen 2 separate confirmed BWV SV studios offered for rent, for weeks in Oct...….one even "guaranteeing" that they can book late Nov thru Dec. It's hard enough trying to get a SV studio; having them walked/booked just to rent is a bit frustrating.

Last edited:
In the past week, I've seen 2 separate confirmed BWV SV studios offered for rent, for weeks in Oct...….one even "guaranteeing" that they can book late Nov thru Dec. It's hard enough trying to get 1 of those 15 SV studios; having them walked/booked just to rent is a bit frustrating.
I believe there are 15 dedicated studios and 37 LO 2 BR, so there are 52 possible studios. That makes it even more surprising when we have mornings with 0 rooms available. So noone is checking out of a studio or lock-off 2BR on that day with 52 possibilities.

In the past week, I've seen 2 separate confirmed BWV SV studios offered for rent, for weeks in Oct...….one even "guaranteeing" that they can book late Nov thru Dec. It's hard enough trying to get 1 of those 15 SV studios; having them walked/booked just to rent is a bit frustrating.
Is one of them asking $21 pp?

I believe there are 15 dedicated studios and 37 LO 2 BR, so there are 52 possible studios. That makes it even more surprising when we have mornings with 0 rooms available. So noone is checking out of a studio or lock-off 2BR on that day with 52 possibilities.
I stand corrected, thank you (in my defense, I haven't booked any studio other than BW view, of which there are only 29, in over 10 years).
Is one of them asking $21 pp?
The more recent was posted only with the average nightly dollar cost, which would be close to $24pp.

I stand corrected, thank you (in my defense, I haven't booked any studio other than BW view, of which there are only 29, in over 10 years).

The more recent was posted only with the average nightly dollar cost, which would be close to $24pp.
And prices like that is why businesses will walk reservations for standard view studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter