BWV questions

weloveariel

Earning My Ears
I was all set to try to rent points for BCV in July 06, then I noticed that BWV standard requires significantly less points. I don't know yet about availability. Questions - I have a 6, 9, and 12 year old who I know would LOVE SAB - what is the pool like at BWV???? What about other kid friendly activities??? What about access to the parks - is Epcot still in walking distance? Thank you for the help!

:goodvibes Hi
I will try to answer some of your questions. Iam a UK DVC member who owns @ BWV and now SSR.

The pool at bwv has a big slide in the theme of an old style rollercoaster. The entrance into the water is a clowns mouth. DH and myself love this, (sorry we have no kids) :smooth:

Epcot is about 5mins walk away and you enter near the world showcase. MGM is also a nice 20 -25mins walk. :sunny:

Boat launches are available to both if you do not want to walk.

There is a community hall for BWV and you can rent videos, it also has other activities for kids ( someone else will be able to tell you about this, we have no experience)

On the night the boardwalk comes alive and they have jugglers and other entertainers walking along. You are also very close to a number of other wdw hotels and their restaurants.

Boardwalk bakery does fab cakes esp a carrot cake that is to die for ! :love:

I think I am biased slightly seen as its my home resort. :rolleyes:

I hope this helps, let me know if you want anyother info.
:dog2:

epcot and mgm is walking distance from bwv or u can take the boat.
the pool is nice at bwv but its no sab

The standard view villas at BWV are the best value offered by DVC, IMHO, and correspondingly, are often fully booked within days of the 11 month point, even in late January, when we often visit WDW.

I doubt there would be much available for a standard view at BWV by now, since we are only 9 months out from that date. It really depends on what size unit you need, and you wont know unless someone calls to find out what is available.

I would try and see.
We never book more than 8months out, and we always want a studio. In 6 trips we have never been let down.
:paw:

MrsJobba1 said:
I would try and see.
We never book more than 8months out, and we always want a studio. In 6 trips we have never been let down.
Are you saying that even though you book 8 months or less from arrival, you still get a standard view studio at the BWV every time? When do you usually go?

Best wishes -

P.S. I don't see any harm in trying for a SV, but since the OP is renting points, she should be prepared to pay for a PV at BWV (same # points as at the BCV). Most owners do not want to tie up their points on the waitlist when there are other immediate opportunities to rent. JMHO. YMMV.

Yes,

We usually go in Aug ( im a teacher) and we normally book our hols around march. We have always gotten a studio. I think once we had a pool view. we have found that most people don't want a standard view.

We've been a few times to SAB and many times to the BW pool. Here are some things you can think about....

SAB (pos.) - lots of fun, sandy bottom, sandy play area, tube rentals, kiddie area has kiddie slide, reg.

SAB (neg.) - spread out - hard to keep an eye on the kids , sections of the pool are hidden from view and deep, slide bigger (and darker -goes through a tube) than Keister Coaster (can be a pos. or neg. depending on your kids), slide entrance is not in view of slide exit, sandy bottom can be annoying

BW Pool (pos.) - lots of fun, normal pool with medium slide where you can see the top of the slide from the pool, elephant spray and kiddie pool, safer because you can keep an eye on your kids from just about anywhere

BW Pool (neg.) - no sand (could also be a pos. ;) ), no kiddie slide, no tubes

I like SAB for one visit during a trip (we used to pool hop when we were allowed, since then we stayed at BCV one night to use the pool), but I much prefer being able to relax at the pool and I just can't do that at SAB because of the layout.

Just booked last week for July 2006. I was offered standard view, so I'd give it a try if I were you. What could it hurt!

I agree with LORA, SAB can be very hectic if you have kids to watch, they have to cross a pedestrian walkway to get to entrance of slide. I like BWVs pool, you can keep an eye on your kids getting off and on the slide. To me after running around the parks all day, I like to relax at the pool, not feel like I have to walk my 6 year old to the slide over and over again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter