BWV - great room! 12/2003

DebbieB

DIS Veteran
My Mom and I checked into BWV last Saturday around 1:30pm. I had a standard view 1 bedroom reserved and requested top floor, across from the bus stop. I was hoping to get a room close to last year's - 4103, which had a great view of Illuminations. When we checked in, the cm said our room was not ready. I asked if it met our requests. She seemed kind of new, she looked in a book and said it really wasn't close to the bus stop, it was more towards the end of the hall. I thought great, we willn't even be able to see Illuminations plus it will be a long walk. She called another cm over and the cm said "that's a very nice room". I thought she was just saying that. She said they were sold out and all rooms are already blocked (so much for room ready). If we didn't like it, I could ask for a change the next day. She walked away and then the first cm showed me the book and said it's right here. Hmm...looks like that special corner room! I said OK. We went to ESPN for lunch and came back about 3:00, I used the house phone and they said it was ready. 3123! I knew that was the corner room because we had been in 3121 2 years ago and it was right next to it. So we went up and sure enough, it was! I couldn't believe it, this room is huge! The kitchen is like OKW and the living room area is much larger than other BW rooms. The bedroom & jacuzzi area was pretty much the same as the other BW rooms. The bathroom was a little smaller, the shower wasn't as big. It didn't have a counter, it had a large round table with 4 chairs. It was a long walk from the elevators but there were stairs across the hall that led down to the walkway to the bus stop and parking lot. Here are some pictures I took:

Looking to the left as you enter:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b3cc01b3127cced6bdfcb4aa6500000010O08AZOGTFq4ZtAe3nwQ/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=480/ry=320/

Looking from the kitchen towards the bedroom (entrance is on the right):

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b3cc01b3127cced6bccafc0b4a00000010O08AZOGTFq4ZtAe3nwQ/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=480/ry=320/

View from living room balcony:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b3cc01b3127cced6bc448d0b7c00000010O08AZOGTFq4ZtAe3nwQ/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=480/ry=320/

View from bedroom balcony:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b3cc01b3127cced6bcd0f68a7d00000010O08AZOGTFq4ZtAe3nwQ/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=480/ry=320/

Looking at the room from outside:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b3cc01b3127cced6bd508caa0b00000010O08AZOGTFq4ZtAe3nwQ/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=480/ry=320/

It has 3 doors off the main room: one next to the kitchen, one behind the couch and one next to the end table (all in yellow area). Then a separate balcony off the bedroom (in red area). We stayed in on Wednesday night because it was raining off and on and windy, I watched both Fantasmic and Illuiminations from the balconies. What a great room for standard view points!

No major problems, a few wear & tear marks. When I was dumping juice & milk this morning into the sink when we were cleaning out the fridge, the sprayer handle was broke, I left a note. My Mom left some crackers open on the counter one night and in the morning we had a few ants. We took the food off the counter and wiped it down, we didn't see ants after that.

So back to reality and cold PA! :(

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for sharing! Great pics!! Glad you had a good time!!!

Allison an associate

Great news about your room! We are very anxious to try BWV for our first trip this coming summer! We have a 2 br booked for most of our stay, then a 1 br for another part. Thanks so much for the photos! It helps to know roughly what the view is from the "standard" side of the building!

Is the infamous corner room a lockoff or dedicated? Don't get me wrong -- we really don't care if we are close to the elevators (a plus) or at the end watching Illuminations (also a plus!) I'm just curious -- I think for some reason on InstImpres' file it doesn't fully state if the room next to it adjoins. (But maybe that's just because... it doesn't!) :)

Thanks for the good report!

Debbie -

Glad you had a nice trip and a great room. Does the corner room still have the big walk in closet inbetwen the bathroom and vanity area?

We are planning to make that a "room for the baby" with the pack 'n play.

Thanks
Sandy

It is a dedicated 1 bedroom. Non-smoking. The one on the 2nd floor is smoking optional, I checked one day for future reference. I assume the 4th floor would be non-smoking also.

The walk-in closet is the same as other BW rooms (one of the things I love about BW, I put my suitcase on the floor in there).

Debbie

Thanks for the report and great pictures. Glad you and your mom had a good time. How was MCO on your return there?

Thanks for such a nice report and the beautiful pictures. Is the room in the sort of "turret" yellow area in the outside picture?

Nick,

MCO was pretty good. We curbside checked the luggage first, no wait. Car rental return at National was quick ($113 incl tax for a Monte Carlo!). Security was about 5 minutes. Left BWV about 10:00, flight was 12:40. I think we were at the gate around 11:00-11:15.

Pam,

Yes, it's the yellow on the corner. We had 3 doors in the yellow part and 1 in the red part on the left (that was the bedroom). I was thinking we had as much porch space as a GV!

DebbieB,
Shhhhhhhhhh, don't build this villa location up too much; it will become impossible to get!
To anyone interested in this room just remember......this villa is located farrrrrrrrrr from the elevators. If one goes according to some posters on this board, that would make this villa approximately up to a 5 mile walk from the lobby!!!!!! You DEFINITELY do NOT want this villa. Avoid it at all costs! LOL!!

That is a nice room! We just got back, last week, and that's not the same one bedroom layout we had...I like yours a lot better! Are all corner rooms like this one? Another thing...you mentioned a balcony off the bedroom...we didn't have one of those either! We only had a balcony off the livingroom. I wonder if I should call MS on Monday and add a corner room to my request???

Sharon,

As far as I know, there are only 3 of these rooms and they are standard view. They are 2123 (smoking), 3123, 4123. There is not one on the first floor, that is where the exit to the bus stop/parking lot is.

Dee,

One night I heard a kid say out in the hall "I think we are almost there....". It was a hike! ;)

Hey,

In you bedroom balcony picture, you actually capture the place I mentioned as a great place to watch Epcot fireworks. Where the path forks to both MGM and the tennis courts. Good job!!! :)

Now THAT is a BWV room I could stay in! I like the more open kitchen like OKW, and it looks to have more living room space than most BWV rooms too! Even the view looks more like OKW!

Thanks for the great positive report. It's nice to hear someone who isn't complaining about every little thing!

Thank you so much for the pictures!! On our last trip we noticed the yellow turret area and thought that would be a great room to have with all those balconies! I definately would not mind having that room next month when we go (we are staying in a one bedroom standard view:teeth: )

DebbieB said:
My Mom and I checked into BWV last Saturday around 1:30pm. I had a standard view 1 bedroom reserved and requested top floor, across from the bus stop. I was hoping to get a room close to last year's - 4103, which had a great view of Illuminations. When we checked in, the cm said our room was not ready. I asked if it met our requests. She seemed kind of new, she looked in a book and said it really wasn't close to the bus stop, it was more towards the end of the hall. I thought great, we willn't even be able to see Illuminations plus it will be a long walk. She called another cm over and the cm said "that's a very nice room". I thought she was just saying that. She said they were sold out and all rooms are already blocked (so much for room ready). If we didn't like it, I could ask for a change the next day. She walked away and then the first cm showed me the book and said it's right here. Hmm...looks like that special corner room! I said OK. We went to ESPN for lunch and came back about 3:00, I used the house phone and they said it was ready. 3123! I knew that was the corner room because we had been in 3121 2 years ago and it was right next to it. So we went up and sure enough, it was! I couldn't believe it, this room is huge! The kitchen is like OKW and the living room area is much larger than other BW rooms. The bedroom & jacuzzi area was pretty much the same as the other BW rooms. The bathroom was a little smaller, the shower wasn't as big. It didn't have a counter, it had a large round table with 4 chairs. It was a long walk from the elevators but there were stairs across the hall that led down to the walkway to the bus stop and parking lot. Here are some pictures I took:

Looking to the left as you enter:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc33b3127cce83bf40a0126e0000001610

Looking from the kitchen towards the bedroom (entrance is on the right):

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc33b3127cce83bf445812940000001610

View from living room balcony:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc33b3127cce83bf5dc2529a0000001610

View from bedroom balcony:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc33b3127cce83b8889372ec0000001610

Looking at the room from outside:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc33b3127cce83b882b3f3f90000001610

It has 3 doors off the main room: one next to the kitchen, one behind the couch and one next to the end table (all in yellow area). Then a separate balcony off the bedroom (in red area). We stayed in on Wednesday night because it was raining off and on and windy, I watched both Fantasmic and Illuiminations from the balconies. What a great room for standard view points!

No major problems, a few wear & tear marks. When I was dumping juice & milk this morning into the sink when we were cleaning out the fridge, the sprayer handle was broke, I left a note. My Mom left some crackers open on the counter one night and in the morning we had a few ants. We took the food off the counter and wiped it down, we didn't see ants after that.

So back to reality and cold PA! :(
Thanks so much for the information! I have marked that room number in my member book. Great pictures too. Thanks again, from cold Illinois

Is this just a 1 bedroom, or is there a studio lockoff that could make it a 2 bedroom?

Ahh...we requested one of those rooms last time, but NO luck!!

I'm so glad you got it!! Someday...maybe!!!

:wave:

Beca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter