BWPPI vs Park Vue

berryinDC

in the garden
I'm planning a trip with two other couples between Christmas and New Years and I'd love suggestions on where to stay. We're all in our 30s and 40s, and ideally we'd like a well-maintained hotel with a pool, very clean rooms, and within 10 minutes walk to the parks. I've been reading about BWPPI and Park Vue Inn and they both seem to fit the bill. Any advice on choosing between them? Or another suggestion?

We usually stay at Disneyland Hotel during value seasons, but are looking for something cheaper for this...ideally in the $200-$300/night range. Our friends aren't Disneyland folks so I want to make sure they're happy and comfortable.

We stayed at Park Vue Inn earlier this year and really enjoyed our stay there. The room was really clean and having a free hot breakfast every morning was very convenient and saved us money, too. We had a 2nd floor room. The beds were really comfortable. didn't try out the pool, but the pool was in the middle of the parking lot and there were lots of plantings around the pool so you couldn't see into the pool area from the parking lot. I haven't stayed at BWPPI before, so I can't speak to that. But I would totally stay at Park Vue Inn again.

I’ve stayed at the Park Vue and really enjoy that hotel. We do get a bunk bed room since we have kids, but the breakfast and distance is perfect, and the staff is super. The pool is pretty basic but was clean and while it’s in the parking lot it’s walled off, so it’s not too weird. It’s not a luxurious pool area though. I don’t know that you’d want to swim in December anyway though?

Both hotels are at a great location. We’ve stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn once and Park Vue Inn three or four times. The rooms at Park Vue do mostly seem smallish to me. But we felt like the breakfast experience at Park Vue was much better. At BWPPI, the breakfast is in another building. And it felt too restrictive and inconvenient. The breakfast was just a very basic continental, if I recall correctly. But the Park Vue breakfast was in the same building as the hotel and we could freely come and go if we wanted to take food back to our room to eat. So if breakfast matters much to your group, I would recommend Park Vue.

We've stayed at both many times and they are both good. If the pool is important, the one at PVI always seems to be much less crowded. The times we've stayed at BW, the pool was so packed we didn't use it.
I like the breakfast a little better at PVI only because you can see into DL a bit. BWPPI probably has more seating though.

I’ve stayed at PVI and friends have stayed at BWPPI which I’ve visited while they were there.
I liked Park Vue and felt the pool was better. It’s in the middle of the parking lot but is surrounded by greenery so you don’t feel exposed, is larger, and not surrounded by high stark walls of the motel. PVI is better layed out, BWPPI seems to be squished into a small plot of land. Rooms are similar but BWPPI probably has the edge in size, comfort and amenities although we’ve had a huge room at PVI on one occasion. Also add Desert Inn and Suites to your list, only a minute or 2 further away.
Thing is, neither of these are really hotels, they are basic motels. If you want a hotel with those amenities, try Fairfield Inn, the newish Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance or maybe one of the newer properties on the corner of Harbour and Katella like Springhill Suites, Hyatt House or Residence Inn. The last 2 are more apartment style long stay places but have extra room, kitchens and some hotel like amenities.
All these places are 10-15 mins walk from the park turnstiles
All the best.

A little further away, the Sheraton Park Place is very nice. Nice lobby, beautiful garden with pool area, much more upscale feeling (but really probably the same quality rooms, maybe a tad more space). Breakfast is not included, but they do serve it. Parking is $20 from check in until midnight the next day and ample parking. It's about a 10 minute walk or right across the street from the toy story lot for the bus.

I prefer the Park Vue because it's so much closer and has the bunk bed room, but if I was spending more time at the hotel, the sheraton is very nice.

We just returned from a two night stay at the Park Vue. I start by saying that I am a hotel snob. We stay at the Grand Floridian when we go to Disney World and similar hotels when we travel. That being said, we always find a room discount, and since the Grand Californian is Ridiculously expensive even with a room discount, we started looking at other options.

The Park Vue has been recently renovated. The rooms are plain but updated with new bedding, carpet, granite countertops, faux wood tile in the bathrooms, and nice tile with a mosaic border in the shower. The parking is free, the hotel was crazy quiet, the breakfast is free and perfectly adequate, everything was clean, and it is so close to the parks. Having a five minute walk back was amazing at 10:30 at night. We’ve already booked a return stay in two weeks. Highly recommend asking for a second floor room towards the back of the hotel for absolute quiet. My only complaint is the AC is loud, so if that bothers you, bring earplugs.

I’ve read on here that there’s a resort fee.... that is INCORRECT information. I’m looking at our itemized bill right now. NO fee.

We won’t stay anywhere else unless we break down and try one of the Disney resorts someday. This is definitely a motel, but it is a great motel! However if you are looking for a resort to hang out at during the day, you may want to try the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park or splurge on a Disney Resort.

I haven’t stayed at both, but I’ve stayed at Park Vue Inn twice and would definitely stay again. Very comfortable rooms, good service, good breakfast.

Thanks everyone for this thread! On a whim, I checked Park Vue for our trip dates and was surprised to see that rooms had become available! Just switched from BWPPI and saved $164 — in other words, the cost of my son’s droid!

I've stayed at both. I prefer the BW. But not by much. The days we were at the ParkVue, I don't know, maybe it was just when we were there, I didn't love their breakfast area. I was actually grossed out by the coffee. But that could have been whoever was making it when we were there. It tasted weird like someone had added some kind of broth to it lol We also came back in the middle of the day to take a nap with our son and we had no hot water. They had to come in and fix it. But this was years ago.

Park Vue has a resort fee.👎
So, since I booked BWPPI and then Park Vue for the exact same days in March, I took a look at both of my confirmations to see how the prices broke down and to make sure I really was saving. Park Vue DOES have a resort fee. It says it clear as day in the email confirmation - "Taxes and fees per night include a 17% city occupancy tax and an $11.70 per night resort fee." However, when I booked the room, the taxes and resort fee were already included in the total price, so no surprises and I'm still saving a pretty decent sum.

Here's how it breaks down for five nights in March 2020.

BWPPI:
Average daily rate = $253
Total five nights = $1265
17% occupancy tax = $215.05
TOTAL STAY BWPPI = $1480.05

Park Vue:
Average daily rate = $215
Total five nights = $1075
17% occupancy tax = $182.75
Resort fee x 5 nights = $58.50
TOTAL STAY PARK VUE = $1316.25

Savings = $163.80

The Park Vue confirmation email says that the resort fee covers parking, breakfast, access to the pool and fitness center, and wi-fi. The reality is that you are paying for this at BWPPI also, it's just that they build it into the room rate rather than adding it on as a fee.

If both hotels look good to you and you want whichever is cheaper, I'd take both all the way to the "confirm booking" page and see which one is less. BWPPI is cancellable up until 72 hours before your stay, and Park Vue is cancellable up until 48 hours before your stay, so as long as you aren't traveling within the next three days, you could actually book both and then choose.

Disney World vet went to Disneyland in 2018 and stayed in BWPPI. My DH is a Disney World snob and ONLY stays on property. He was completely fine with BWPPI. The location can't be beat. We aren't pool people, but we are park people. The room was clean, we had plenty of room, the breakfast was included and totally adequate for what we needed. The front desk experience was totally fine. We had no complaints. Next time we go, my DMIL is paying, so on property it is, but any time we are paying BWPPI it will be, as per my very biased DH, lol.😊

We're staying for four nights at the BWPPI next month. From TA it looks like their breakfast is served next door at the Captain Kidd's buffet. So does BW give you a voucher or something to take over there?

Also from TA photos, it looks like it's a decent size mini-fridge in the rooms. Does anyone know if the minifridge has a freezer? Our plan is to freeze bottled waters to bring to the park. As they melt we'll have nice ice cold water to drink, plus it will keep baby food cold.

Thanks!!!

We're staying for four nights at the BWPPI next month. From TA it looks like their breakfast is served next door at the Captain Kidd's buffet. So does BW give you a voucher or something to take over there?

Also from TA photos, it looks like it's a decent size mini-fridge in the rooms. Does anyone know if the minifridge has a freezer? Our plan is to freeze bottled waters to bring to the park. As they melt we'll have nice ice cold water to drink, plus it will keep baby food cold.

Thanks!!!
For breakfast you go up the stairs at the entrance of Capt Kidds and tell the host/hostess your room number. At least that's how they handled it when we stayed in 2017.

As for the minifridge, I am not exactly sure if it had a freezer. If it did it was a very small compartment. Maybe others that are more certain can chime in here.

I don't see it mentioned on the forum as much as the two you are looking at, but our next trip (haven't stayed there yet), we're staying at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn and I'm excited as I've heard nothing but great things about it thus far. It seems to hit all your wants, too.

Just noticed a thread this morning about Park Vue eliminating their hot breakfast items (I believe they had bacon, sausage and pre-made omelets). The poster said you can still make your own waffles. We're big fans of the Park Vue and will still stay there, but just a heads up in case a hot breakfast is important.

I don't see it mentioned on the forum as much as the two you are looking at, but our next trip (haven't stayed there yet), we're staying at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn and I'm excited as I've heard nothing but great things about it thus far. It seems to hit all your wants, too.
I stayed at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn this past January and very much enjoyed it. The rooms were newly renovated, super clean, breakfast was good, and you really can't beat the location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!