Buying water at airport?

What about all of the people who check liquor and there are way more people checking that....I find that more damaging than soda, but that's JMHO!! :goodvibes
Liquor goes into a Rum Runner flask in a ziplock bag:

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/
3pknewlarge.jpg

I bought some to "carry" rum onto our Carnival cruise two years ago and we still use them when we travel and want to bring a nip or two along. I have never had a leak and they don't burst or get crushed in my luggage. There are different sizes from a small flask to one that will hold nearly a liter.

stitchlovestink said:
I don't see you asking people checking liquor in their luggage to stop. So it's okay to check liquor but not soda.
Nope. I'd make the same request if this thread was about liquor. Or perfume. I understand "double zipper bags" and wrapping everything in clothing, etc. I understand most of the time nothing happens. I've also seen luggage handled on the tarmac, and loaded onto the plane, and removed from the cargo hold. I haven't seen it IN the cargo hold, but I'm sure bags get stacked on bags get stacked on bags...

I understand, "well, I bring X all the time and it's never leaked before...." LOTS of things 'never happened before' - until they happen. Never had a piece of luggage go astray? Neither did I - until I did. Never been bumped from a flight? Neither was I... until I was. Never jave the classic Seinfeld experience of renting a car, only to get there and have the rental agency be out of cars? Neither did I... until it happened to me. Never had the airline damage your suitcase? Nope, not here either... until America West did it.

One flight a few years back, a passenger had packed laundry detergent that leaked onto our baggage and its contents, as well as other people's bags. Luckily the only damage done was that we had to rinse our stuff out. No hard feelings, just want to remind everyone to take extra precautions with your packed liquids, to protect both your stuff and mine.

I tend to just get the free ice water through the parks as needed. The taste doesn't bother me enough to warrant shipping water or hauling my own. Now, for my upcoming trip, I am going with a friend and her daughter who is a big bottled water drinker. We will be sending 2 cases through Costco.

I also do not worry about someones water spilling out onto my luggage. Such a remote chance of it happening....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter