Buying extra ticket for extra fast pass?

djsiek

Earning My Ears
Hey All,

I'm finally going to disneyworld after waiting 28 years (I'm australian and havn't travelled til now). going with my fiancee.

I understand how fast passes work, but what do you all think of buying an extra ticket each to get an extra fast pass for a second ride?

Thank you

It won't work, because unless someone came through the gate and used that ticket, you can't get a fastpass with it.

See also: Taking the KTTW of someone who isn't going to the park that day and trying to get fast passes with it.

Disney has thought of all these little loop holes.

I think it would be a big waste of money. The best thing you can do to be able to get on the rides you want is to be there at opening.

It won't work, because unless someone came through the gate and used that ticket, you can't get a fastpass with it.

See also: Taking the KTTW of someone who isn't going to the park that day and trying to get fast passes with it.

Disney has thought of all these little loop holes.

I understand thanks. But can't you leave the park without showing existing ticket and just re enter with new one,then you'd have two valid tickets.

If only you could pay for a premium access pass like other theme parks.

I understand thanks. But can't you leave the park without showing existing ticket and just re enter with new one,then you'd have two valid tickets.

If only you could pay for a premium access pass like other theme parks.

Yes, but it's an expensive way to do things!

Yes, that would work. In the course of a full day in the parks you might be able to get an extra half-dozen or so fast passes. You have to decide if the monetary cost is worth it to you. I personally think it's a good idea if you're going at a very busy time of year.

Yes, that would work. In the course of a full day in the parks you might be able to get an extra half-dozen or so fast passes. You have to decide if the monetary cost is worth it to you. I personally think it's a good idea if you're going at a very busy time of year.

Thanks. I was thinking of only getting two each. Although I'm not sure how much of an impact that would make on the day.

Thanks. I was thinking of only getting two each. Although I'm not sure how much of an impact that would make on the day.

When are you going? The benefit of FPs is less if crowds are expected to be light. I suppose that's obvious in retrospect, but just wanted to point it out. ;)

When are you going? The benefit of FPs is less if crowds are expected to be light. I suppose that's obvious in retrospect, but just wanted to point it out. ;)

Good point. I can go either late feb or anytime in march.

Edit: going to Orlando just in case that wasn't obvious. Hoping to check outta much as possible over three days. (really desperate to go on the new yeti ride in animal kingdom? Saw the documentary of its making.

I think it would work, as long as you take the necessary steps... and, while I don't think it would be breaking any rules at WDW to do this, I don't want to incur the wrath of the moderators just in case it isn't, so I won't spell those extra steps out -- but if you're smart enough to think of this loophole, then you're smart enough to figure out the extra steps.

It would be a big waste of money -- essentially 31 bucks a day each (based on a 10-day ticket each) for 2 extra fast passes at a time. And those FPs would be subject to the same use restrictions as other FPs. And your extra tickets would be used up at the same rate as your regular tickets. (of course, you could exchange those extra tickets in toward an annual pass...but if you're from Australia, the odds of you ever using that annual are pretty low.)

If you try it, let us know if/how it worked...

What time of year are you going? We like to go off-season because we don't have to wait in such long lines. Then buying the extra tickets wouldn't have any impact.

If you go when the extra-magic hours are available, especially at night, that should also save you more time than the extra fast passes would.

Good point. I can go either late feb or anytime in march.

In late February or early March, that much coin for extra FPs wouldn't be worth it for me. Crowds will pick up second or third week of March due to Spring Break--that would be the time to start considering it. But still, I'd have to have a lot more money than I do to pull that trigger.

My $.02.

And while Expedition Everest is fun, the Yeti won't be taking a big swipe at you like you probably saw on the telly.

I am not real sure where you are staying...but I would think you could use the money spent on an extra ticket to extend your days at Disney. Also, you should get a hopper so that you could take advantage of all the EMH at each park.

Go late February, definetely a less crowded time.

Avoid Presidents' Day (week of Feb 20, 2012). Also, 2 and 3-day tickets are the most expensive. Stay longer and the per day ticket price decreases.

I am not real sure where you are staying...but I would think you could use the money spent on an extra ticket to extend your days at Disney. Also, you should get a hopper so that you could take advantage of all the EMH at each park.

I'll have to look up hopper and EMH.

So late Feb may be ok crowd wise :)

Sorry, it won't work without leaving the park and then re-entering that same park on you other ticket. Even then, I'm not sure if the entrance scanners would recognize your finger scan or not as having been used that day with a different ticket. Honestly, I doubt it would but I don't know. Each ticket has to be scanned at the park that day in order for the fast pass machine to generate a fast pass.

Even if you did all that and it worked I think it would be a HUGE waste of money. You can only get a fast pass every 2 hours, so assuming the park is open 10 hours that's only 6 extra FPes (if you got one right at opening)and also assuming that you're daily ticket cost is $50 then you're paying an extra $8.33 per FP. The other thing to think about too is that some rides run out of FPes so it would really stink to pay the extra money and not be able to get all the extra FPs you planned on getting. I think if you get there at rope drop and have a touring plan then you'll be able to ride almost everything without too long of wait times.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

I'll have to look up hopper and EMH.

So late Feb may be ok crowd wise :)

Peak season starts around Valentine's Day. If you can go in the first half of February - that would be less crowded. Spring break crowds also depend somewhat on the date of Easter. Easter is March 31 in 2013, so schools that base their spring break around Easter will be off the last week of March or the first week of April.

Sorry, it won't work without leaving the park and then re-entering that same park on you other ticket. Even then, I'm not sure if the entrance scanners would recognize your finger scan or not as having been used that day with a different ticket. Honestly, I doubt it would but I don't know. Each ticket has to be scanned at the park that day in order for the fast pass machine to generate a fast pass.

Even if you did all that and it worked I think it would be a HUGE waste of money. You can only get a fast pass every 2 hours, so assuming the park is open 10 hours that's only 6 extra FPes (if you got one right at opening)and also assuming that you're daily ticket cost is $50 then you're paying an extra $8.33 per FP. The other thing to think about too is that some rides run out of FPes so it would really stink to pay the extra money and not be able to get all the extra FPs you planned on getting. I think if you get there at rope drop and have a touring plan then you'll be able to ride almost everything without too long of wait times.

I hope you enjoy your trip.

Thank you very much. Good advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!