Buying direct tomorrow: BRV or CCV

What should I do?

• Buy 125 CCV points at $27,500

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • Buy 125 BRV points at $23,350

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters
oh yes I got an email saying that also I think they are gonna rely on the new train from the airport to Disney Springs they say it will be complete by 2022

BRV is definitely resale. I think CCV is also at this point unless you're going to buy a fixed week. So if you're buying one direct CCV. Personally I do still like VWL (the actual legal name that would be on your deed) better and so would do resale there. :goodvibes

If you are convinced direct is the way to go, then CCV all day long. I would also argue that while you desire Dec now, will that change? We have owned for only about 6 years and our travel habits and booking patterns have changed drastically as our daughter has gotten older and our lives/jobs/schedules have evolved as well. I think it will continue to change and evolve. I will also say, we thought our first contract of 160 points was more than we would ever need. We had two more contracts in less than a year!

My advice is buy BRV resale. It is much easier to book during the December timeframe. In all reality, however, I would not purchase at all at this time. You may see resale prices start to drop due to changes. The prices are increasing again in a week for direct. So you need to decide soon.
BRV is also difficult to book in December. All studios and two bedrooms are gone. This happened for 2020 too. One bedrooms are available at BRV and not at CCV. I wouldn’t buy BRV direct.
BTW.. we own resale points at BRV. We love the quiet lobby of BRV. We also just added points direct at CCV. Our plan is to stay in a cabin every other year.

BRV is also difficult to book in December. All studios and two bedrooms are gone. This happened for 2020 too. One bedrooms are available at BRV and not at CCV. I wouldn’t buy BRV direct.
BTW.. we own resale points at BRV. We love the quiet lobby of BRV. We also just added points direct at CCV. Our plan is to stay in a cabin every other year.
Can you access the BR lobby while staying at CCV?

Another question...let's say I have a guaranteed week....but am trying for a 1 bedroom...do I need to drop the Guaranteed week, wait until the points are released and then try to book the 1 bedroom? Or can I drop the Guaranteed week points while booking the 1 bedroom? I'm concerned that in between releasing the Studio points and booking the 1 bedroom, I'll be shut out

Another question...let's say I have a guaranteed week....but am trying for a 1 bedroom...do I need to drop the Guaranteed week, wait until the points are released and then try to book the 1 bedroom? Or can I drop the Guaranteed week points while booking the 1 bedroom? I'm concerned that in between releasing the Studio points and booking the 1 bedroom, I'll be shut out
You must release the week first. And you have to call MS to do that.

You must release the week first. And you have to call MS to do that.
If it's the same week as your GW, you'll need to call MS to cancel, as it is usually booked around 12 months out. But if you make a reservation ahead of your GW being booked, then that counts as the GW being cancelled, and you don't need to contact them since you already spent the points elsewhere.

December at Wilderness lodge is tough. Everyone wants it, but there’s only so many rooms. So the Studios are very very difficult, especially at CCV where there just aren’t enough of them, and even the 1 bedrooms go in seconds for certain days. The hotel rooms have the same scarcity at that time of year there. It’s the hottest resort at that time of year at the very peak of DVC season and studios are the hottest room type, especially at CCV.

If you want to guarantee yourself a room of any kind at Wilderness Lodge in December the only way to do so is to buy and use a guaranteed week at CCV (BRV doesn’t offer them). Otherwise you’re just one more hopeful at 8AM in January smashing that mouse button.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Can you access the BR lobby while staying at CCV?
Yes. There is a short, covered walkway between the buildings.

We enjoy it in December because it has a beautiful Christmas tree and take family pictures in front of it without a huge crowd. There are a couple of fireplaces with rocking chairs and checker tables. It’s relaxing and peaceful.

Boulder Ridge is a great resale property selling around $93 a point. If you are older it’s an easy buy and you can get 200 points for that $18,000. 220 points can get you a 1 bedroom instead of a studio in early December (which has been available). I wouldn’t buy it direct. Way too expensive. A major makeover is scheduled in 2022. I’m excited to see the changes they will make to the rooms.

Last edited:
There may be more restrictions coming for resale buyers to justify the ever increasing direct points.

I think this impacts SSR/OKW/AKV more so than primary resorts like CCV but we will see.

If you were on the fence about DVC or Disney in general, this is a giant shove. Lots of discussions tonight about selling, I would imagine.

We will see short term might have a bump as people always overreact. I remeber when having park reservations meant Park Hopping would never return and I tried to talk people off the ledge then.

Change sucks but we will see what happens.

I think they are gonna rely on the new train from the airport to Disney Springs they say it will be complete by 2022

No chance and train won't be completed until 2023 now at the earliest likely even longer I could even see as well.

I give it a 0.1% chance of being done by Jan 1 next year. At that point that area is not set up at all to take extra traffic and there won't be enough trains either often enough to deal with everyone.

Train is coincidence not the new primary process.

I would like 2-3 nights at CCV, then others at other resorts

Where else you thinking of staying? Can you do without CCV and do BLT instead? Are you always going in December?

Issue with December is you might not be able to ever really split your stay unless you are okay with SSR or OKW which at that point might as well buy there on resale and save more money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter